Walmart Exclusive G1 Devastator Gift Set Reissue + G1 Starscream + G1 Legion Pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by giafunk, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's TM Hot Rod with the TM modded weapons minus the Targetmaster.

2. Gooniesneversaydie

Gooniesneversaydie Member

We have $9 screamers here and $7 roddys. I dare them to do that with prime and Soundwave.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Congrats. All of ours sold out before they ever got that low.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wish I could find a Starscream, hell at this point I'd pay full price.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked up two correct facing HR's and a Swerve on clearance. Still looking for another SS and Devy.

6. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Wally World.

027E6E14-F57D-4B8B-B78F-FD0FB0202384.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Gooniesneversaydie

Gooniesneversaydie Member

Which Walmart is this. I can’t add any to my cart locally.

8. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Those are some insane clearance prices. :eek: 

My head would've exploded if you showed G1 Devy for... like $15 bucks? :eek: :p 

My local Walmart has Hot Rod showing at $18.75, nothing else. :confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  9. MegaGeek

MegaGeek Well-Known Member

What is this correct facing Hot Rod controversy you speak of?

10. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

I have 1 Hot Rod facing right and 1 facing left.
    Purchased both for $7! :D 

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really a controversy per se, but the original release had the vehicle mode facing to the right of the box with mostly the spoiler showing in the window. The second run has Hot Rod's vehicle mode with the front of the car facing to the left of the box. Which is more accurate to the original release and highlighting more of the vehicle mode.

12. MegaGeek

Sorry I'm confused. "The original release had the vehicle mode facing to the right of the box with mostly the spoiler showing in the window", while "the second run has Hot Rod's vehicle mode with the front of the car facing to the left of the box."...."which is more accurate to the original release highlighting more of the vehicle mode"...

So if the original release had the vehicle mode facing to the right of the box, how would the 2nd run with the vehicle mode facing the left be more accurate to the original release?

Annnnd, what is the recent Walmart reissue supposed to be? Mine had the spoiler showing and is facing to the right of the box.

Thanks for your help!

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    He used "original release" twice meaning two different things. I'll fix it changing both terms.

"The first Wal-Mart reissue had the vehicle mode facing to the right of the box with mostly the spoiler showing in the window"

"which is more accurate to the 80's G1 release highlighting more of the vehicle mode"

14. MegaGeek

Ahhh thank you sir!

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, I grabbed a reissue Hot Rod yesterday for $7.00. (I'm not a reissue collector, but it's $7.00 and the nostalgia was calling me.)
    I stand corrected. I'll admit when I'm wrong, I was wrong. The plastic does indeed feel different and he is indeed lighter than I remembered, weight-wise.

The foil stickers actually look pretty nice, all things considered, but I kind of miss the paper stickers of old.

This figure is a perfectly good point of Hasbro cashing in on nostalgia and not quality. Everyone says Siege is made of awesome and the reissues are worth the price and I can honestly say "No, they're not." I think $7.00's too cheap for Hot Rod, but I think $10-15.00 is a much more reasonable price for an item like this. His parts count isn't that high, the paint's okay but not perfect and his shoulders are snapped into place, not pinned like they were originally. I have to say, even at $7.00, I'm kind of disappointed. That's just me, though. I do know it's worth more than that, it's just the feel and the lack of pins, both really bother me greatly.

It's further confirmed my resolve to not buy any more of these unless they're on insane clearance and Optimus just isn't worth $50.00, especially without the trailer, but just isn't as-is, period.

I don't fault anyone for wanting some of this reissue glory day stuff, I don't fault anyone for wanting Siege, I just don't see how these are worth the asking prices. They're not horrible toys, they're honestly quite fine, they're just not worth the asking price.

The only ones actually worth the price are the Minicars. Roughly $8.00 for those is on par.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

What recent figures do you feel are of a high quality and worth the asking price? I am just genuinely curious.

• Like Like x 1
  17. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

was never able to find the mini's in my area. recently gave up and now not sure I would want one at full price anyways. I agree on your pricing thoughts on hot rod. Starscream wasn't too bad of an asking price but was thinking in the $25 range was more fair. devy was crazy but all things considered, a better price than they want for prime. I think they are just trying to cash in on the nastalgia (it works, look at the recent movie). I like the G1 stuff myself and have alot of it in masterpiece versions. Can't bring myself to get the new MP prime either though Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy 3.0 - Optimus Prime Tfsource has him marked down from $500 to ONLY $449. they are just getting crazy but as long as people buy it they will continue. And really to a certain degree you can't blame them, supply and demand. Would be nice if they charged a reasonable price and just made more as they would sell much better. Still think its crazy to hear about walmart clearing these things out since so many people never even seen a single one. They should have put them up online instead of clearing them (with the exception of hot rod, he seams to be everywhere). Anyways, just my thoughts....feel free to disagree.

18. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's crazy how opinions can differ so wildly. With both Starscream and Hot Rod I was impressed at how high quality they felt in hand. Virtually indistinguishable from what I remember the originals feeling like in my mind.

Also didn't even notice the shoulders weren't pinned on Hot Rod.

19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The unpinned shoulders goes back to a previous reissue. I want to say the Commemorative Series. Retools like that are annoying because we're always told how retools we want cost eleventy Brazillian dollars and are impossible.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Deluxe Class Siege. Sideswipe is actually very high quality and the paint is really quite good. Hound has slightly loose shoulders (more to the design, less the plastic quality), Cog looks great with Fort Max and strapped to other Deluxes, and Flywheels had issues at first (glued leg, loose codpiece) but worked out in the end.

They're actually worth the $20, easily.
    Followed by Battlemasters. With the effects (pointless to me, make others happy) and the fully formed figures that actually do something, absolutely worth the $6.00.

Micromasters are overpriced and I miss Legends Class like a hole in the soul and Leaders are horribly overpriced, but that's another thread, another argument.

So, yeah. Deluxes are definitely the sweet spot, right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.