Walgreens 2020 Exclusive Guesses thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Feb 17, 2020.

1. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I figured this could be fun and a change of pace from people checking Target's like mad to find Earthrise. It seems just about every fall, Walgreens gets 1 exclusive figure from the current Generations line. Titans Return was the 2 pack and Brainstorm, POTP was Wreck-Gar, and Siege was Ratchet. We haven't seen anything internally in their system or revealed yet to be it, and we knew about Ratchet in 2018, LONG before he finally came to the US in late October 2019. So if the trend continues, what do you think it could be? A more main line character like Ratchet, or a side character thats a minor retool (like ratchet) of a pre-existing figure?

I'd guess maybe Runabout since Runamuck was the fan vote and we will likely see him as a later Earthrise wave figure, and I don't see Hasbro thinking Runabout is well known enough to put in a normal wave. If it's not Walgreens, i'd bet he's a Selects figure.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    Tap-Out!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, Walgreens had two TR exclusives. Brainstorm and then the Clones 2-pack.

As for ER, it'll either be a repaint no one was expecting, or a retool. I'd guess maybe a Wheeljack repaint like the Marlboro guy, can't think of his name. (Exhaust?)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Carboreeta

Carboreeta Well-Known Member

Maybe Hauler as I think Inferno will be a selects and not int he main line

5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont see Walgreens carrying a Voyager. It's most likely a deluxe.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Dachande

Dachande Very Hank. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Paradron Medic from Arcee.
    That's my guess.

• Like Like x 16
  7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Earthrise Arcee repainted into Paradron Medic with new accessories. Keep the medical theme going.

• Like Like x 10
  8. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

And if anything, Inferno will make it in the mainline without and issue, especially if they planned pre-tooled parts to make the guy. The question though would be which deluxe? Maybe Trailbreaker?

Hold on. Paradron Medic? That's actually a good idea actually. Doesn't require heavy retooling, plus she's an potential army builder... err... Medical Group builder.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Runabout

• Like Like x 2
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    This. Traditionally the Wallgreens Exclusive has had a bit of extra money thrown at it to accommodate some retooling (Brainstorm, Clones two pack, Wreck-Gar, Ratchet) so that gives scope for some minor retooling to differentiate our two Battlechargers with more than just a paint job. Considering precedent, as @DecepticusPrime noted, it's unlikely this would be a Voyager. But then a pattern is only a pattern until it isn't.

Also, Runabout is no more obscure than the clones we got in 2017, and like those clones Runabout would tempt completists. I think he's a sound guess.

But hey, up until those wave three leaks I thought it was definitely going to be Trailbreaker, so don't listen to me.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  11. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

They’ve never really done a fan choice character as a separate character or store exclusive. I can see a Runabout redeco but I figure it will be labeled as Stealth Runamuck or something and be in a multipack at Amazon.

IMHO, a Walgreens figure almost has to be something they had a longer development timetable for than Runamuk.

Paradron Medic? Maybe.

I’m going with Jazz. A “must have” in some ways but over saturated in PotP to a point where a narrower release might be warranted. A deluxe. Probably a heavy retool of Smokescreen, which fits the pattern, likely with an extra waist swivel transformation so the front of Smokescreen’s legs form the back of Jazz’s and a new car front end.

• Like Like x 4
  12. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Yeah, thats why I said Runabout, since it'd be a repaint of a fan choice character. Jazz shelf warmed because he was in like 3 different waves. He's still WAY too high of a known character to be a walgreens exclusive.

I feel Hasbro wont bother doing Paradron medic outside of a 3 pack, because that might be TOO unknown to sell individually. It'll be that "its relatively unknown but has been in a cartoon so not THAT unknown" level, i'd guess.

13. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    For purely selfish reasons I don't want it to be Trailbreaker, or Jazz because Ratchet was a major pain in several holes to actually get over here and I don't won't to repeat that experience or expense again thanks. Trailbreaker is main cast and we are due a decent version of him.

Even Runabout will be annoying because we're getting Runamok will mean he's an essential too - who stops at just one of those guys?

Paradron Medic is a nice to have, and while I'd actually prefer Her to another Arcee at least if she's crazy/stupid to get hold off that's not the end of anyones World.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker shows up in Walmart computers. He'll be a wide release.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lifeline (a specific Paradron medic) seems like an ideal fit.

But if we don’t have info this late in the game, maybe they’re not doing one for 2020..

16. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think the fan vote will keep Runabout and Runamock in the same pack this time. And some random other 3rd choice...and will probably be 2 retools of Cliffjumper. And will be Amazon's exclusives. And if you look at the Walgreens exclusives.. not counting the clone packs...you had 3 mid level characters. Brainstorm was definitely an important character for a headmasters line. He's one of the original 5 autobot headmasters. 6 if you count Fort Max/Cerebros. Ratchet is the Chief Medical officer of the ark. But he wasn't Prime, he wasn't Ironhide, Jazz, or Prowl. He wasn't Bee or Hound. Wreck gar in PotP is also a mid card level character. Yeah he was in the tv show and movie but as more a side note. Which I think we see the trend continue in Earthrise...I say Tracks is our Walgreens Exclusive. He didn't get a CW figure. He's been redeco'd from Wheeljack before. Hasbro likes to continue old trends. 97% sure it will be an autobot...so who have we seen already in deluxe, or rumored wave 2 could get the redeco...not an alicon. I am gonna stick with Tracks. If it's Sunstreaker I am gonna be majorly pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Gobot in disguise

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Bumblebee.

18. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I doubt they’d get a new mold out that way unless he’s a Wheeljack redeco or something.

19. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Gobot in disguise

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Eh, there's always being a retool/color of Cliffjumper, minus the accessories. Lets them have the sorta muscle alt mode bee with the cute G1 bee bot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

Perhaps they could get a Minerva out of Arcee? She’s important enough to be sought after but I don’t think she’s as much of an absolute need to have for as many people as Rachet.

• Like Like x 2