Wal-Mart to release ROTF toys TONIGHT at midnight!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bradforj, May 28, 2009.

1. bahumit12

bahumit12 Member

Just tried logging into Hasbro after looking at it about 20 minutes ago and the site is down. Anyone hear if they are selling at midnight?

2. Cesium Salami

Cesium Salami Older than Kup!

News Credits:
    My local Walmart in Virginia was resetting the pegs in the Action Figure aisle at midnight, but the Transformers were not touched. It seemed that they were sizing everything else down to expand the TF section. They did have the preview wave this morning on the pegs at 8am, but they couldn't sell them to me. Everyone who scans them tells me they were recalled when they see the "do not sell" alert. Piss! I'll check it out again tomorrow before work.

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    Interesting. I called a few Wal-marts here in ARIZONA(3 in Phoenix, 1 in MESA, 1 in TEMPE , 1 in GLENDALE, 1 in PARADISE VALLEY) and all of them said the exact same thing, they are not allowed to break the boxes until the 30th.

I think this is F'd up BS, I'm getting sick of being screwed out of toys while most other states in the country get there's at midnight tonight.

Well, I guess all I can say is have fun with your new stuff ya'll.

I get them when I get them I suppose. :D 

4. obi2

obi2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Amcan walmarts assitant manager confermed they will be out at midnight.

5. ClockWorkMecha

ClockWorkMecha Member

I was at one of the 4 local ones in my area(Plano/Frisco area) a few hours ago(8pm CST) and they still had the remains of TF:A activators on the shelves and a couple of other deluxe animated figs/classic voyagers. If they are putting them out they weren't hinting at it. I'll venture out in a few hours and drop you guys a note on my finding.

6. Staxeon

Staxeon Shaper of minds

I'm on hasbrotoystore.com right now. Leader Prime, Leader Megatron, Bumblebee, and Soundwave are all on there. All can be added to your cart, and all list "ship within one business day".

edit - link

7. jbamutant12

jbamutant12 New Member

AUGH

25 minutes to GO!

I'm standing here in the isle, logging on with my iphone.

I'm nervous... lol

8. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Just hit two local Walmarts, Middletown and Harriman in Orange County NY. Both were waiting till 5PM. Sucky waste of two hours.

9. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

anyone else standing around? are the toys covered?

10. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Glendale Wal-Mart did you call?

Not like it matters as it seems like Arizona is getting screwed once again.

11. rivalarod

rivalarod NACIXEM

i went to two out of the 4 walmarts here in LUBBOCK, TX and they had the shelfs stocked to the max with all the toys...no memo saying they would release @ 12 AM but we're stocked here so now i know i will get the first wave w/ no problem. hehe.

12. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

just came back...nothing but robot heroes:thumbdown 

13. DeathscytheFish

DeathscytheFish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm back from Wendover Wal-Mart... they only had all the boxes on 2 pallet's so we had the lady open up the boxes we wanted to look in and got what we wanted (father of somebody here was there, nice dude).

I ended up getting leader Prime, deluxe Rampage, Sideways, Sideswipe, scout Ransack

14. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

The one thing I've noticed about the store closest to me is that they dont start pulling freight to the floor till close to 10:00 at night and (at least in toys) don't start digging into the boxes until around 12:00. That's how I cut a deal with the old night stock supervisor. I would go in late wednesday night (new shipment day) and catch them as they were goin on their first break. I had first shot at whatever was in the TF boxes so long as I correctly stocked every box I opened. I would have the TF's stocked, the boxes flattened and stacked and the whole aisle straightened with other product boxes set in appropriate places by the time they finished break and came back to the toy area. That's how I got my Universe Prowl when he first came out.

Also, the discrepancies between some of the stores selling tonight and others waiting until friday night may have to do with the store classification/size.
    The one closest to me is likely to have them tonight (haven't gone over there yet, the tweekers aren't out:lol ) but I know the one closest to my kids will likely NOT have them so I'm not even going to try calling that one. Their stock supervisor told me straight out that certain stores have stock priority.
    There's a SuperCenter about 15 miles up the freeway from me but I would rather enjoy a 15 minute walk to the one closest to me. It should be about 65 degrees by midnight so that's nice walking weather.

15. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Just made a haul in glen burnie, md at The Severn Super Walmart. This is real people. If there's a 24 hour Walmart, they're prolly doing it.

16. rampage scream

rampage scream Well-Known Member

yeah, i just returned with rampage, sideswipe, and soundwave.

17. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just saved me a trip.. Thanks a bunch.. so much for that 5p.m. crap!!

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Is this release of both first two waves or just wave one?
    Who's in each wave?

19. digitalworld40

digitalworld40 Well-Known Member

sweet, just got a call from a nice lady at my local wal-mart and she said the manager just got the memo and would have them set up around 1:30 tonight. So looks like I have to keep my eyes open just a little longer.

20. bdjs2k

bdjs2k Member

No prob...I might stop buy tomorrow morning before my morning workout (I live a block away) to verify and I'll probably give them another call during the day just in case the "wacky" night crew were bs-ing me...Happy Hunting Ya'll.