Wal-Mart to release ROTF toys TONIGHT at midnight!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bradforj, May 28, 2009.

1. red4

red4 Banned

Lieutenant Red4 reporting from El Paso, Texas. The time is 12:39am. I have just returned from 2 local Wal-Marts, and neither one had any ROTF toys on the shelves. I did, however, find the print-outs taped to the racks indicating that the toys will be up for sale starting on Saturday morning.

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    First walmart, no luck.

Second walmart I picked up sideswipe, The motorcycle scout, and legends megatron. May pick up Megs leader and prime some other time. And debated on the fork lift scout. While he's not MU scale, he could work nicely with human alliance. The Bike will too it seems. A shade too small for my Motion Revives, MU, and Joes. (Though that's not stopping kick hopper till Mikaela becomes available. And they are perfect stikfa height. Almost grabbed the Forklift now cause of that already.)

Kirkwood had Nill till saturday, they had the paper up about saturday.

Manchester/Ballwin was pretty well stocked, but no soundwaves. or anything beyond wave 1 it seemed.

>_< So no ravage or ICT for me yet.

3. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

WTF?!?!?

I Talked To My Local Walmart And The Woman Said They'd Restock With ROTF Toys At 5pm!!!! I'm Not Going To Walmart At Midnight! NOT HAPPENING!!!!

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Went to one walmart in my area. Space was cleared and figures were in boxes on pallets. Gonna go back tomorrow

5. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

Every walmart in the area got 15-20 cases of wave 1 refresh 2. How the **** did that happen??? Just by accident one of the walmart's should've gotten at least 1 case that was different. And why the hell did they get a refresh wave before they ever got the regular wave?

6. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I just got home from a walmart in Utah and they had almost 3 pallets of wave 1 stuff. Every class was represented and in the masses. I didnt want to dig through all of it so I just picked up a soundwave and left but will be returning tomorrow..

I was told to stop by someone that was working back there as she told me that I wasnt allowed to buy them till 5 pm tomorrow, (friday) but I told her a friend of mine (otispq) was in another walmart about 20 minutes away doing a dance through the checkout line and buying whatever he pleases. She let me continue to look and told me I could buy but they may not go through.

It went though.

7. Optimus Peev

Optimus Peev Banker Bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My walmart has everything out and I had no problems!! You can check the TX findings thread for more details....but this is for real!!

8. ClockWorkMecha

ClockWorkMecha Member

Yay for North Texas!

I found the whole run of the first releases of ROTF at wally World in The Colony in the past hour. Nothing at the WM's on 121 & Ohio or off Springcreek & Coit though.

Leader Class Optimus Prime is just pure WIN!

Happy Hunting!

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Hit 3 Wal-marts here in Richmoind. All three had the shelves cleared/labeled for product, but only one had any toys out, and just the Bumblebee Potato head and cheesy fake cell phone at that.

10. DeathscytheFish

DeathscytheFish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leader Prime is probably the first one i've ever had a real bitch of a time transforming, even WITH instructions... the way the chest area transforms has to be the biggest pile of crap... worst instructions and picture i've ever seen.

11. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

im still debating that one since im happy with the first mold we got of that toy...

i picked up sideways and sideswipe last week at a grocery store, (probably taking sideswipe back and getting its robot replica) and I only got soundwave tonight but im actually really impressed with it because of all the detailing. I wish it had pegs but everything tucks away nicely.

12. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh ditto man. It took me all day yesterdat to figure out how to transform him without breaking him. So to everyone be warned when you are transforming Leader Optimus Prime.

13. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I just picked up the entire first wave. I don't think I've ever gone this berserk before. 312 dollars (I got a 12 pack of beer too).

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Walmart in Lynnwood, WA put them out now. Spent about $150- not too bad since for the 2007 movie I spent near $300 the first night.

15. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

Went back to my Wal-Mart in West Wisconsin, and picked up Soundwave and Rampage. Noticed that a lot of people said they couldn't find Soundwave. Wanted to make sure I got him.

16. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Murrieta, Ca WalMart:

[​IMG]

A couple of us were pulling some figures from behind the plastic and a worker almost tackled us for doing that.

"no no, you can't do that yet!!"

17. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Lucky! The ones I went to had no Chromia either, or soundwave, so seriously not fair. Ah well, leaves me something to hunt for at least now till ICT and Ravage.
    They did have the wave 2 scouts though, the biplane. I'm starting to wonder now if I missed an endcap or island.

I'm digging the ones I got though. Awesome job Hasbro!

18. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I just got back from the American Fork, Utah Walmart where I got Ldr Prime and Megatron, Voyager Demolisher, Starscream, all wave 1 and 2 scouts (there are 6 or 7 of them, so whatever) All the robot replica's sans BB, all the legends, again minus BB, dlx soundwave. They had robot heroes and Fabs aplenty, but I already got the FAB's and other wave 1 deluxes previously. Point is, they all went thru the checkstand like buttah!
    They had 4 1/2 pallets of just TF stuff!!

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Gravois bluffs one must have put out about 3 or 4 cases of the previews. If you need one check there.

I didnt see chromia or wheelie at eureka or fenton. I should have kept running around i guess.

20. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    oh crap no money! do thet still buy plasma at blood banks?:banghead: