Wal-Mart to reduce toy space by more than half...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hutchprime, May 26, 2009.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

We can only hope so. Seems like Wal-Mart will stock the heck out Corps figures but you can't find hardly any GI Joe action figures. So I guess Transformers is lucky they don't have a knock off brand clogging up the shelves.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    ... You mean they are halving the VERY little stock they already have? What the fuck.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not surprised. 60% of the toys at my 5 local Wal-Marts are crap anyway. Besides, I try and pick up all my TF purchases at TRU.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    yea, most of the Walmarts in my area have started making these changes already. I was just telling my wife that they're trying to imitate Target because they're their biggest competition.

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    M.A.R.S. Have been clogging things up for more than three or four years as a robot alternative. Its always right there next to the transformers. The small ones sell well. But I honestly think even by knock off standards their dumb. A toy that walks only as long as your holding a button on its chest down.

So hopefully those will be out of here in this upscale walmart plan.

As a gijoe fan you must be familiar with cobras new connections with M.A.R.S. from the movie line.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Swung by today and the signs for the 29th at 5pm were up.The crappy thing with the new planograms is ROTF deluxes only get 6 pegs,Voyagers get 2 facings and leaders get 2 facings.

Unless encaps/displays go up there is no holding power(Star Trek and terminator are where classics used to be):( 

7. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Please go back and read the article again, noting the following passage:'

8. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gf

Hey my Gf works at WM in the Pharmacy her Drug GM manager just had to reset some shelves and the toys are right near there, maybe it was a change to things coming in the future.

Wal-Mart is, uh I dunno I would rather shop at Publix or Kroger, but some places just do not have these stores. Every now and again Wal-Mart does clearance something to justify its existence.

Also, until now apparently the toy section is a little more stocked then others, even if it is a mess and going the way of K-Marts toy section.

Hopefully Target will increase their toy sections in response, not going to happen in reality though.