Wal-Mart Rollback Deals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by An Army of Bees, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Black Friday deals already?! It's still a month away? Who else posts deals so early--not complaining, just...shocked.

2. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    The deals are on now, I was just at my local wal mart, and the prices are already low...

3. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So.... leaders are $30 now? Not at the Wal-Marts I stop at..... still $46.88

Also.... where did people see $30 for leaders. The ad clearly says $39.00.

[​IMG]

4. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

This better not be the Black Friday deals, for WalMart's TF figs, but after looking at the Black Friday web site, unfortunately these are. Which is sad, considering prices for Deluxes USED to be around $8-9 before they were hiked up to $12-13 + tax, and recently in the past 2 weeks Wal Mart brought them back to $9 in our area. $9 for a Deluxe on Black Friday, just ain't a deal in my book. Target on the other hand will have Deluxes for $7.99 each. Eh, it's a whole dollar difference, but hey it's better than WalMart's NON-Black Friday deal, which is a sad attempt to sell ROTF Wheelies in my opinion. It seems obvious WalMart is hurting somewhat due to the economy when the Black Friday price is basically the current "sale" price, which is what the RETAIL price was just 4-5 years ago. Just like the Star Wars comic 2-packs. I found some in Clearance for $11... and I'm laughing my head off, that was the ORIGINAL retail price for those when they first released the SW Comic 2-packs! And NOW it's "Clearance"... how trite... When you can go buy a 20 oz at a has station for $1.20 or heck a 2 liter for $1 in some places and Wal Mart has 20oz soda bottles for $1.48 - $1.58+ tax... you KNOW the store is hurting. Ours no longer has overstock anymore either and the stores are looking fairly empty, because sales are still down overall... this Christmas is giong to the interesting, or interestingly sad.

5. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

oh yeah, and the wanna-be "combiners" they've had on an endcap at $15 for a while now, and one Wal Mart had them at $12 each in my area.

6. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only good deal is the leader class deal....

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'll bite on battle ops bee for $49. Ka ching. The $9 deluxes would be great if some new waves pop in. Still hav'ent found sidearm sideswipe.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    these are not "black friday" level... they are just "good sale"

9. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently no one can read. The date on the ad scan clearly shows that the prices run from November 7th thru the 24th. Since Thanksgiving is the 25th and Black Friday the 26th, this is not the Black Friday ad.

10. cybertronian G1

cybertronian G1 informercon

sale

thats everyday low price around here what a joke and those 9$ tfs will be 5$ like they were last years at fredmeyers

11. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sad that there are still Mudflaps and Stalker scorponoks clogging up the HFTD Pegs and the 9 dollar sale aint moving em. Heres to hopin mudflap is on every kids wish list this christmas...

12. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    OK I actually had time to read the ad. Misleading thread title. This is not a "Black Friday" sale and Battle Ops Bumblebee is not $20.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thread title and front page news post corrected.

14. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

not TF related but that big foot monster for $88 is a good deal. I paid 100 for one for my son's birthday present. It's a great toy.

15. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh. Wal-mart just doesn't know how to have a sale/clearance, do they? Target wants something gone, like say GI Joe, they drop 'em down to under a buck. Walmart thinks 5-10% is a clearance.

16. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Who says they're trying to do a clearance? This ad is nothing more than a "hot toys of the season" type thing. Again, it's running for an entire month. It lists nearly every major toyline they have. Discounts are on less than half of the toys in there.

This is no clearance.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Hmmmmmmmmm...my nephew wants Battle Ops BB...maybe I could see paying the lower price..wasn't lower this a.m. when I was at WM..will keep an eye out. :thumb