Wal-Mart Exclusive Transformers Movie DVD Ad

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Oct 2, 2007.

1. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

this is to kickback....
    LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!!!!
    and the best buy exclusive comes with toys.....I'm down!!

2. MechaBouncer

MechaBouncer Will devastate for food

I was really looking forward to the "animated" prequel, but only if it was really animated. If it's just a slideshow with narration, then the Target comic version sounds better if it's got a lot more in it. I've already bought all the prequel comics, so I was thinking of just passing on that. I guess I need to wait and see the reviews of the different packs once they're out. I just hope I can still find one then. >_<

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Just because it's narrated by Cullen doesn't mean that there aren't other VA's on there as well.

4. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Oh man... The movie is not going to come out on DVD until December, here in Holland.

So I read on www.bol.com

:( 

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'll probably get the Target Exclusive, as I don't buy anything from Walmart anymore. I'm hoping that it's the 2-disk version that includes the comic, or both, just as long as the 2-disk Widescreen version has the exclusive comic, I'll be happy :thumb .

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Y'know, I'm getting pretty fricking sick of the elitist attitude many have here towards Wal-Mart. If you don't shop there, fine, but quit insulting, either directly or indirectly, the people who do.

7. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    I think, what'll probably happen is that when I see it on the 16th, I'll just buy it, I just don't give a crap about exclusives anymore. To many places are doing it with lame lil things to entice you, and really in the long run, not one company doing an exclusive has impressed me.

8. Primus

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't see the big deal. There are a number of people that don't like shopping at walmart for whatever the reason. I'm pretty sure they are within their rights to say they don't want to shop there.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Screw all this bonus crap, I'll just buy the 2 disc and be done with it, best way to save my self the hassle of decided which store exclusive to go for, I'm just saying screw it and not bothering with any of em

Primus honestly it is pretty insulting when people pull out the whole "WAL MART IS FOR REDNECKS AND OLD PEOPLE LOLLL" bullshit and sickening that people are so far up on their pedestals to be so needlessly negative, but oh well

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, I get sick to death of people no longer being able to say, "go to the store and pick up" in every thread dedicated to shopping. It's always, "go to Walmart." But I don't break out the hatesticks in every thread I see that posted in. And I see no reason for anyone to break out the hatesticks on me the one time I've mentioned my dislike of Walmart in several weeks.

I don't like shopping there. Never have, never will. I'm not insulting those who do. Shop where you want. I honestly don't care. So long as you don't expect me to.

11. Primus

News Credits:
    Wow, did I say that? I'm pretty sure that's not what I said. I guess that would be insulting if that was what I said, but that isn't what I said. And it isn't what the post that I was replying to said either.

12. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Hey, cool!

I never said you said anything like what I was talking about, or Night Flame for that matter did I? I was speaking generally about what I've heard various others say about people that shop at Wal-Mart. I took one topic of the conversation and added to it from my personal experience outside of this thread. Since when am I limited to talking only about what was said by other posters in the thread I'm posting in?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  13. Primus

News Credits:
    Nah, no prob. I just figured since you specifically stated my name you were talking about me. I agree it's f'd up for people to make generalizations like that. I was just saying I thought that people should be allowed to say they don't want to shop at walmart if they don't want to.

14. Ktulu

News Credits:
    I see how it was confusing but I didn't mean to imply anyone here was saying the things I was mentioning, sorry about that. I agree people can say they don't want to shop at Wal-Mart all they want, big whoop, I say how I hate other stores too. I was just reminded of a lot of the BS I've heard people spew about people that actually shop there though and so I mentioned it.

15. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Alot of people don't like Wal-Mart because the Walton family is selfish and the company is killing middle America, whole towns are turned into ghost towns by them. They abuse their American and Chinese employees, and they don't try very hard to make sure their customers are safe. Personally, I believe if I have to boycott Walmart, I'd have to start boycotting other big corporations. Basically I buy from who has the lowest price on the items I want.

16. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    When I visit the U.S. I shop at Wal*Mart ... and Target ... and K-Mart (if there's still K-Mart around) ... and Toys R'Us ... and KB Toys. And Best Buy, Circuit City, Meijer, Barnes and Noble, Waldenbooks, Comic oriented stores ... heck! Pretty much everywhere I can find. :p 

What were we talking about again?

-airfox

17. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Shopping in the Rockies?

18. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

dunno which to to buy either.. damn them hahaha

19. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So to review....

- the only exclusive with really NEW material is the Target Prequel comic from IDW with an appearance from Wreckage?

-Walmart is scamanimating the Prequel comics I already have?

-Best Buy is repainting non-movie robot heroes I don't want...

20. Primus

News Credits:
    No, the walmart exclusive will be some kind of video format with narration. I'd hardly say that is the same as the prequel comic by IDW. Sounds like a somewhat unique product and considering it's free I'm really looking forward to it.