Waitaminute!! *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatron397, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    All the guns in the world won't do much good when the autobots were practically climbing all over him.

2. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Brawl didn't have much of a chance. He was being assaulted by 4 Transformers and the military at the same time.

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I dunno, Brawl did great as a tank in my opinion.
    - Held off Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz all by himself while taking tremendous punishment.
    - Had his arm sliced off, but wasn't even a bit bothered by it.
    - Took a direct hit, went down, but stood back up again ready to blow up stuff.
    - Went down a second time only after concentrated fire from the Bee and the military.

As for efficient killing machines, look no further than Blackout, who still has the most kills in the movie. That "shockwave" cannon thingy of his incinerated every building, object and fleshling in its path.

I'm still in the belief that Starscream directly contributed to Megatron's apparent demise.

4. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    inconsistencies be damned, the action was still intense and awesome!

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

First off, I wouldn't want to give the impression that I was ranting against the film purely on the strength of how so may of the TFs went out like punks. There are far deeper and more fundamental issues with the movie. It's boxoffice success points to it's victory on the level of sheer spectacle and publicity. As a film it's just a mess, and it amazes me not only that people would spend so much time and money on something while not making the effort to refine the script, dialogue, editing, etc... but also that people really ask so little of their entertainment. We are unfortunately still living in the "things blow up good" age... I was really hoping we were getting a bit more clever. Alas...

But that's me. The main reason I was disappointed was that I went into the movie with what I thought were suitably lowered expectations, and ready to enjoy myself for what it was worth... and it still failed me. :( 

I agree that Blackout was one of the only Decepticons to come off as totally badass... but only in that first scene, where he utterly decimates a heavily armed military installation on his own. However, that performance of his only makes his (and the other Cons) demise later in the film seem all the more implausible. Sure the scenes with Scorponok and Brawl/Dev were long battle sequences, but I refuse to call them "intense"... mainly because nothing much really happens in those fights. There's a whole lot of shooting, and very little actual result. No substance, no coherency.

BTW... did Barricade get himself blown up in that last sequence? I totally lost track of him. You see him speeding to the scene, and then I don't remember seeing him again afterwards.

zmog

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Frenzy is the ultimate warrior.

Seriously, your complaint has some holes, for one, if Frenzy's spark is in his head, then why are you confused when his head (housing his delicate spark) is cut in half to the point where it is a single stalk with an eye on it?

7. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

This is a cool explanation. I wasn't a Beast Wars fan so I wasn't aware of the whole spark mythos. Using your explanation, perhaps this is what happened to Jazz after he was ripped in two by Megs. Either Jazz went into stasis lock due to trauma/ extreme damage or Jazz's spark was extingushed instantly. All the while Ratchet was trying to bring him back online but to no avail.

Sounds like the G1 cartoon to me hehe. I remember Transformers and G.I. Joe cartoons, whole lot of shooting an no one getting shot. And if a vehicle was hit you always saw a parachute hehe.

And your right, after seeing Barricade chase Prime and friends on the highway he doesn't show up again....

*Note* In the comic book movie adaptation Prime is shown fighting Bonecrusher AND Barricade during the chase scene. In the comic Prime throws Barricade into Bonecrusher and decapitates Barricade. That would have been awesome to see.

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    But but...I likey giant robo go explodey... :( 
    I am teh shallow, I know...

Sorry to hear that.

Come to think about it, Brawl didn't hit much now did he? All of Starscream's shots found their mark though.

I could probably find lotsa ways to explain to myself that their deaths made sense, but there's still that lingering wish that they had died by Autobot hands, with only a bit of human military assistance. I'm not too bothered by it though.

He sped off and transformed into a gaping plot hole. :lol 
    Maybe the DVD release will shed some light?

9. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

Ok, I'm going to ask it. Why did Bumblebee survive losing his legs and Jazz didn't survive basically the same thing?

10. Autobot HipHop

Guess it's like a human being where you may be able to survive getting your legs blown off but trying to survive after bieing ripped in half from the abdomen down seems a bit more extreme.

Jazz's inner circuirty probably just completely shut down after Megs' killing stroke...

Poor Jazz :( 

11. brothersamuel40

brothersamuel40 Mmm... munchies

Here's hoping Jazz will be back...

12. Autobot HipHop

I'd love to think that but Ratchet said he couldn't save him. As much as I hate seeing my favorite TF character meet his maker...sounds like final death to me :( 

13. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

I can buy that.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Edit: Someone beat me to it.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Har... good point! The G1 cartoon was the king of non-stop lasers and explosions, with absolutely no effect or casualties. Still, it would have been nice if they hadn't mimicked G1 quite so much in that respect. :) 
    That would have been much cooler... a 2-on-1 brawl! Optimus (and most of the autobots) definitely needed a little more time to shine. I mean, Jazz' s death certainly could have been played with a little more heroic sacrifice. They sped through it so quickly, I barely realized he'd been killed. But since as far as the movie was concerned, Jazz's sole characterization was a penchant for breakdancing, I guess it was no great loss.

Does it strike anyone else as a bit cheeky that true to cliche, even among the Autobots, it's the black guy who gets it first?

Me too... I just like to have some meat in my explosion sandwich, y'know?
    More like he was driving to the scene and fell into a gaping plot hole... there were enough of them around, it's a wonder that the whole cast didn't fall in. ;) 

zmog

16. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Frenzy has a healing factor.

Jazz does not.

Jazz, instead, has soul.

But he's not Sol Fury.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i blame harry potter

18. brothersamuel40

brothersamuel40 Mmm... munchies

Even though this is a Transformers discussion, I SO remember when they showed the edited Dragonball Z on cartoon network and whenever Nappa blew up the news copters surrounding them with a WIDE BLAST

People off to the side: "Don't worry! I see them deploying their parachutes!"

Even though it's CLEARLY shown that no one could have survived lol