Waitaminute!! *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatron397, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Ok, I just realized something here. A Cybertronian's Spark is inside their chest right? So that's why Jazz died when Megs ripped him apart. But why then could Frenzy live on as just a head?? It makes no sense!

For that matter, why could Frenzy live with NO body (a far more serious wound), but died when his head got a little sliced??

Why is it that Scoponok (Blackout's PET) could take such a beating and may STILL be alive, but Blackout gets bitched by like, two missles! And Blackout's the guy who's bio says he's "Almost completely immune to the Autobot's weaponry", but he dies in two hits by HUMAN WEAPONRY?! Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?? :confused: 

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Ok, I just realized something here. A Cybertronian's Spark is inside their chest right? So that's why Jazz died when Megs ripped him apart. But why then could Frenzy live on as just a head?? It makes no sense!

Maybe Frenzy's spark is in his head, since he has an anorexic body. Also could explain why his eyes are blue

For that matter, why could Frenzy live with NO body (a far more serious wound), but died when his head got a little sliced??

Above

Why is it that Scorponok (Blackout's PET) could take such a beating and may STILL be alive, but Blackout gets bitched by like, two missles! And Blackout's the guy who's bio says he's "Almost completely immune to the Autobot's weaponry", but he dies in two hits by HUMAN WEAPONRY?! Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?? :confused: 

The humans didn't know what could damage Scorp until near the end of the fight, and then Scorp ran. The humans knew what could damage Blackout, so they attacked him with that

3. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I am gonna file this information under how megatron shrinks when in gun mode and grows and how astrotrain can house devistator inside him.

I figure he was still alive but his spark fizzled out. Megatron was probably holding both pieces of Jazz for awhile before he threw them down to go after Optimus Prime

4. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a wizard did it

5. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In my mind, a "spark" is a representation of what humans call a "soul." Our "soul" isn't necessarily in our chest.

In this situation, one would have to assume that not all Transformers house their "spark" or "soul" in their chest.

We can only assume that maybe size plays a role in the positioning of the "spark".

Maybe only Megatron and Optimus Prime house their "spark" in their chest. Big guys like this that have a lot of armor would want their spark protected where they have the protection

Maybe with the Jazz, the chamber that houses his "spark" was damaged...

Maybe with Frenzy, one of his key features is survival and subterfuge on a small basis, so he houses his spark in the most important place...his head.

Again...only assumptions...but they make sense...

6. Galvatron397

Hmm, ok the Frenzy thing kinda' makes sense. It's a stretch, but I'll take that one.

But I'm still hung up on Blackout, he's supposed to me invincible to ANY Autobot attacks, so when we (puny humans, after all) attack with some heated missles he just falls over? So WE'RE more advanced than Autobots? I don't buy that one AT ALL.

7. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Perhaps it was the trauma of getting ripped in 2 that caused his spark to de-spark.

8. Galvatron397

I guess, but you'd kinda' figure Jazz had more tact. Then again, I can believe the explanation that everyone puts their spark where they need it most (as Squall said), so you may be right. I'm whining about Blackout now. :D 

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

They circumvented his armor by shooting him from underneath and inside of it. They attacked his weakest part, where the bots could never do that.

And if that doesn't suffice, then continuity errors ftl!

10. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Blackout had a weak spot on his underside, making him easily susceptible to any attack that hits him there. All those missiles did was knock him up a bit, but the distraction allowed him to leave his weak spot unguarded. So there. Stop bitching and enjoy the damn movie.

11. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Well, it's not necessarily a question of being more advanced. A rock hurled from a catapult will destroy an F-22 (if it manages to hit), even though the F-22 has a highly advanced missile decoy system.

I could believe that the Transformers are loaded with countermeasures to scramble each others targeting systems (explaining why they're all such lousy shots), and armored specifically to dissipate energy from super-advanced energy weapons and missiles, but remain vulnerable to a relatively primitive high-temperature round.

Alternatively, maybe Blackout was just too arrogant, and didn't bother to raise his armor shields against the human attack. Overconfidence has always been the main villain weakness, after all. Megatron wouldn't even be in this mess if he hadn't been overconfident about ice water....

12. Galvatron397

Ok, three people have said it but I like yours the best. I will TOTALLY take that response. Blackout dying from continuity error? Fail. But dying from his over-confidence? Hell yes, best way for a villain to die. Ok, my thirst for knowledge has been sated. Thank you all! :thumb 

13. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Autobots don't use 105mm Sabot rounds.....duh!

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yep, they attacked Blackout's weak spot. The Autobots are too big to get close enough to take advantage of it. I'm not saying it's not lame, but the catapult vs. a fighter jet analogy explains it perfectly.

As for Jazz, it's really simple...he was ripped in half...I'd say that explains it away right there. Frenzy is a little different, but I'd assume his size and the fact he's a spy would have something to do with it...sort of a 'special power' like everyone had in G1. Not the best explanation but I'm sticking to it;)  Plus we really don't know if Frenzy really died...he could have just been incapacitated. That way we'd see him again in the sequel:D 

15. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

Blackout's destruction really irritated me. He was the one who completely laid waste to the Qatar camp, and then he gets put down by 2 missiles and a human. Maybe they just needed to show some stuff blowing up....but why Blackout?!

16. MrGhoul

MrGhoul Predacon Secret Police

I always like to refer back to Beast Wars when it comes to Sparks since it really was the series to introduce the whole Spark mythos. I don't think it matters where a TF's Spark is located in its body. A Spark is a TF's lifeforce and a TF can only sustain so much damage before its Spark exstinguishes. In BW when a TF sustained too much damage their bodies would go into stasis lock thus preserving the Spark until they could be repaired or put into a CR chamber. But stasis lock only slows the trama of the Spark so if the TF was not repaired or put in a CR chamber the TF would still eventually die. Case in point, Dinobot. He took an extreme amount of damage and his onboard computer kept telling him to go into stasis lock but Dinobot refused it and continued fighting. By the time the Maximals got to him it was too late, his Spark and body had taken too much trama and he died.

So in the case of the movie, perhaps the sabot rounds were enough to critically damage Blackout and put him in stasis lock but with no other Decepticons to recover their fallen and repair them, their sparks would eventually exstinguish. Of course this doesn't really explain Frenzy but he's kinda the Waspinator factor. :p 

17. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

Even Waspinator got taken apart by two little kids hitting him with rocks.

18. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

It's because the movie isn't consistent, that's why.

FWIW: you probably noticed there's a faint blue flash whenever a Transformer gets killed; their Spark is, I dunno, disintegrating or something. Scorponok never had that blue flash, nor did Frenzy, nor (!) did Megatron. Jazz, Bonecrusher, and Brawl all did; I'm not sure about Blackout.

19. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    F-22 Raptor missiles were like bee-stings to Blackout. But then he got shot in the crotch.

But I like this explanation best. :) 

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

This comment wins for pure cutting-through-the-bullshit-ness. :) 

I just saw the movie tonight, and it's INCREDIBLY dumb. Like written by 13-year-boys from the slow class. Like so dumb, it doesn't just insult your intelligence, it slaps you in the face with a white glove afterwards. That insulting.

It's actually quite an effective way of deflecting criticism. Just make your movie so full of stupidity that criticizing it becomes a futile endeavour that would have no obvious starting point, and no end in sight. It would require diving into a surging sea of dumbness that suffocates any sane person by the sheer density of its mediocrity.

But since I'm clearly not sane, I'll also point out that Decepticons are apparently the worst, least efficient killing machines ever made. For all their superior firepower, agility, nigh-impenetrable armour, fancy sensors and targeting gear, they seem to be utterly incapable of wiping out small forces of poorly protected humans carrying small arms. I mean, looking at just one example, Devastator/Brawl is a massive battle tank that transforms into a super combat robot. In my books, that should sort of rate him AT LEAST as good as a tank, plus one. Instead he's stuck fighting a pitched battle, trading shots with 6 enlisted men in a bombed out storefront? Gah.

Then Megatron gets all but laid out by a bunch of human firepower. Megatron? "Three exclamation point kind of robot" my ass, Ebert!

Anyway, whatever. Pretty pictures, bad movie. Moving on.

zmog