Waflhaus91's CHUG Addiction

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by waflhaus91, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Sky79

Sky79 Well-Known Member

Stick with the Black shelves brother. White ones just won't age well.

2. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Making moves towards the move.

Met with a lender today, got pre-approved for a mortgage with no issues, so from a budgetary standpoint, we're in good shape.

Also contacted some agents in the neighborhood we want to move to to take some tours of potential houses. We're going to look at a really nice one on Thursday that is a good bit under our budget.

And there's a realtor coming to tour my house Wednesday. Hoping like hell he gives us a good assessment because the sale price of my house will ultimately affect how much down we can put on a new mortgage.

But as long as the realtor is confident he can sell this place for a good price, we should be able to finish all our projects and have it on the market before Nov 1st. Hell, if there aren't any hiccups, we could be in a new house before the new year.

3. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ok so we met with a realtor and set a listing price that's higher than what I hoped for. He's gonna send me documents to fill out and we will officially put the house on the market Friday. Tomorrow we are touring 5 houses in the new neighborhood. If we really like one of them, we might just put in an offer and try to get a purchase agreement started.

And in more good news, my girlfriend finally heard back from the company she interviewed with and she got the job! We don't know when she'll start but she'll be making just about as much money as I do so our combined income has essentially doubled at the best possible time, lol.

There's only one possible roadblock we may run into. My ex-wife. We didn't have her name removed from the title when we separated. I've asked her to fill out a quit claim deed form and send it to me so I can have it notarized and filed, but she hasn't done it yet. It's been three weeks so it should have been here by now if she filed it. She has no reason to fight for the house cause I'm pretty sure she remarried into money. She has no need for it. She's probably just being lazy about it.

But, as long as she doesn't decide to be a total bitch and make this harder for me just because, we could be moving in less than 60 days. I can't wait!

• Like Like x 2
  4. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, we put an offer in for a house tonight, and will find out by tomorrow evening if it was accepted. It's a really nice place, and the only real work we would need to do is installing a fence for my fur children. Other than that, all projects we start would be just because we want to. We've got one other offer to compete with so we don't know how it's gonna go.
    But if our offer doesn't get accepted, there is one other house that our agent said has been on the market for awhile and the sellers are motivated to sell, so we have that as a back-up.

Either way, as long as my house sells fast (already have 3 interested parties and it hasn't officially went up yet), we should be closing on a new house before December.

• Like Like x 1
  5. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ok well our offer was accepted last night but we're still trying to negotiate just a couple things. The seller wants to put in a contingency clause so he can find suitable housing for himself, and that's fine, cause I have to make sure that my home sells before I can buy. So we're going to put a contingency clause in our contract if someone makes an offer here. But the seller didn't list a timeframe, so our agent is countering is counter with a 14 day limit. The seller also wanted 14 days extended possession after closing, but we're going to offer 7 (and also ask for 7 days in our own contract).

Also my agent has sent the house info to my chosen lender so we can still get a head start on the financing. So as long as the seller is ok with our counter to his counter, we can get the ball rolling on the purchasing front.

Today is the first official day my house goes on the market, and we've already got one tour scheduled. It might be optimistic to hope for an offer already but I won't rule anything out.

Anyway as it stands right now, our projected closing dates would be around Thanksgiving time. So I'm still optimistic that we'll be moved in before the end of the year.

• Like Like x 3
  6. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well the seller accepted our counter, so we're officially in contract to buy a house! And in more good news, my house has only been officially on the market since this morning, and we've already had two tours, with three more scheduled tomorrow. Our listing agent is pretty sure we're going to get at least one offer tomorrow.

So, to prepare for when we have to move in 45-60 days, I've been slowing doing this.
    20201012_211923.jpg
    I'm going to transport (almost) all my figures in vehicle/beast mode. They take up less space and have less free hanging parts that can get damaged that way. But I figured I'd get a head start and just leave them like this for a while. Its kinda fun.

Also I just wanted to share this. This picture is on that is actually featured on my home's online listing.
    604c8a9d6376841bc11040af85c3f237l-m2692273600od-w480_h360.jpg
    I thought it was pretty cool that the realtor included most of it in the picture, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  7. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I accepted an offer on my house today! It's officially under contract! Now I just gotta wait for the seller of the new house to find suitable housing and we can get the ball rolling!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    Congrats!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Been a while since I came through with an update.

Everything is still going well with selling my house. There's an appraiser coming Monday and we're still set to close on the 13th. But we've hit a snag with buying a house. It looks like our seller is going to back out of our contract as he's not having much like finding a house to buy himself. We went back to town today and toured four more houses today. We found another one we really like that's $27k less than the last one so we turned in an offer. I also restarted the loan application process with a different lender because the first lender was pushing out closings to 45 days, while this new lender is closing in 30 days. I know I'll get the loan, just gotta cut through all the red tape again.

We should hopefully know tonight or tomorrow if our offer was accepted. The listing agent made it seem like he was expecting to get a few offers so we made ours as clean as possible. If it does get accepted closing would be on November 26th, which is better than being in December.

But if our offer doesn't get accepted, I'm not sure what we're gonna do, because our options are wearing thin.

Talk about a stressful weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  10. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well shit, didn't expect things to move this quickly but we're already under contract for the new house!

I got a new pre-approval letter from a new lender, who immediately sent it to my agent to give to the listing agent. The seller also already accepted our offer and we signed the contract tonight. There's no contingency tied to this one so everything is moving forward. I should be hearing back from the lender in a few days to start the formal application and we'll be closing before December.

But I feel like I gotta say, I might not have my collection back up on display until well into next year. Like I had said earlier, I'm going to order some Billy's from Ikea after we move, so I will have to wait for those to come in. The house we're buying is also in need of some big time modernizations (basically every room is carpet and the carpet is dated - like from the 60's or 70's). So I'm probably gonna wait until I can install some laminate flooring in whatever room will be my collection room before I bother setting them up. And of course that isn't going to be at the top of our priority list, so it might take a few months. In addition to that, the house has an unfinished basement that has a lot of potential. I'm not against (honestly kind of keen to the idea actually) getting some lumber, drywall, insulation and flooring and building a gaming/display room in the basement. But, again, that would be a ways off.

So anyway, things are moving forward and I'm beyond excited, but I figured I'd give a heads up that this thread might not see any photo updates for a few months. I'll try to get my display up as quick as I can, but I wanna make sure I've got it perfect before I do.

Edit: And I almost forgot, my agent is sending me a form tomorrow so I can back out of the previous contract I was in.

• Like Like x 4
  11. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    How about another update, eh?

Both appraisals came back good. Our buyer is in the underwriting process of her loan, so we're basically just waiting for it to be officially approved so we can close on the sale of my house.

As for the house I'm buying, I am also in the underwriting process of the loan, but we've hit a slight bump in the road. The appraiser claims the property is in a flood zone (FEMA Flood Zone A to be exact) and we will have to pay for flood insurance. But the previous owner claims its NOT in a flood zone (the detached garage is but the house and yard isn't) and they didn't have to pay for flood insurance. So I looked up the FEMA Flood Map that the appraiser used and it literally says the property is not in a flood zone. So a research request had to be submitted and we're still waiting to hear back about that.

Shouldn't delay us any though. We don't plan to fight it any farther than this. If they come back and still say we need flood insurance, then we'll bite the bullet and pay.

Other than that, still on track to close before the end of the month.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    Oh jeez. Believe me, flooding zones (And the insurance) is ridiculous. I live about 150 meters from the Hudson River in NY and still have to pay flood insurance even though during the worst storm in 200 years, the water barely climbed 20 meters.

Glad everything has gone well for you man.

• Like Like x 1
  13. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well I finally did it!
    20201116_130719.jpg
    My entire collection is packed up and sealed tight out in the garage waiting for moving day. And I already hate it cause I wanna fiddle with them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's a good thing I finally packed them up. We close the sale on Friday! I'll still be living here for one more week as we don't close on the new house until next Wednesday. But at the very latest, we should have everything moved by next Sunday. We might be moved by next Friday if my girlfriend can get the time off.

As for my collection, I'm not sure when I'll have it back up. Like I've mentioned, I'm ordering a few Billy's once we move, but I expect it will be a couple months before I get them (there are none in stock at the Columbus IKEA store). I still plan on using my original display cases in my nerd cave but I was planning on using them for other stuff. I might go ahead and set up my collection on those shelves again, then move them to the Billy's later, but I might also decided to just leave everything packed up until the Billy's arrive. I'm not sure yet. I'll probably wait until we're fully moved and unpacked to decide.

• Like Like x 3
  15. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well I officially sold my house on Friday!

Today we will be taking our final walkthrough in our new house. I will be measuring out each room and getting detailed pictures so I can make a final decision on where my collection will be set up. Wednesday morning is when we close, and I will be getting a u-haul as soon as I get done signing all the papers. Since the unmentionable virus is starting to hit pretty hard here, my family is making the difficult choice to cancel Thanksgiving dinner this year, so we plan to be pretty much all packed up and ready to start moving Thursday. As long as there aren't any problems, we should have everything moved by Friday and should be all settled in by Monday.

Less than a week to go!

• Like Like x 2
  16. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We're getting closer people!

Yesterday after work I wired the funds to pay for my down payment and closing costs. I'm taking the day off work today to sign the papers. In about three hours I'll be holding the key to my new house! Unfortunately my girlfriend couldn't get the day off so once I have the key I'm going to stop at the new house to install new locks, maybe take a couple boxes in my car to drop off, the come back home. I'll rent a u-haul and work on packing up some stuff for the rest of the day today. Then when we wake up tomorrow, we can load all the furniture in the u-haul and start the moving process. My parents seem willing to help so I see no reason we shouldn't have everything moved over tomorrow. If we do have the house empty by tomorrow night, we're going to come back on Friday to clean everything and make sure we haven't left any trash behind, then I'll let my agent know the buyer can begin moving in.

As for my collection, it may be some time before I can get my Billy's. As it is right now, I still have a good bit of my home sale profits in my bank account, even after buying the new house. And I'm expecting at least another grand from my previous lender because I prepaid my homeowners insurance last month but only had it for a month. Also property taxes were prepaid so I'll get some back from those too. But, once we're settled in the new place and get a feel for what our expenses will be, I have to buy a new car. I plan on financing it but I still want to put a chunk of change towards a down payment, and it will take a couple months before I'll really know what kind of payment I can afford.

However, I think I will continue to use my old shelves until I can get the Billy's. Because having my figures packed away for only a week as been killer. I don't think I could last for two or more months.

• Like Like x 2
  17. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well I'm a homeowner again!

• Like Like x 4
  18. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It just wouldn't be my life if there weren't setbacks.

Since I paid for the house, my girlfriend insisted that she set up and pay for the utilities until we set up a joint account for paying them. She said she we call them all on her lunch break yesterday.

She didn't.

So the house has no electric or gas. Which means no lights and no heat. And its Thanksgiving, so no one is available to turn them on.

That means our plan to move everything by tonight was shot (also didn't help that our U-Haul is too small to move it all in 2 trips. So we're still sleeping in the old house tonight.

We did get all the furniture except the bed moved, and about 90% of our clothes. We moved enough stuff that we should be able to finish it in one trip tomorrow. And luckily our electric supplier was still open today so we were able to get power, just not heat.

I guess staying one more night in our old house isn't too bad. Especially since I still have to work tomorrow morning. Now I have a 15 minute drive instead of a 45 minute drive. But there's no reason we won't be sleeping in the new house tomorrow (as far as I can see). And hopefully we'll be mostly unpacked this weekend. I'll try to start putting my display back up next week.

• Like Like x 2
  19. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We did it y'all. We're officially moved into our new house. Sure, we don't have heat until tomorrow and we've still gotta unpack almost everything, but we're finally done moving.

• Like Like x 4
  20. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm gonna preface this picture by saying: there is a LOT of work that will be done in this room.
    20201128_200521.jpg
    Got a Spectrum technician coming tomorrow cause I can't get the internet to work, so I just had to clean up the room since I don't have everything unpacked. Also that desk is temporary.

Here in the next couple days I'll be ordering my Billy's and a new desk. Once they're delivered, the new desk and these black shelves (which I plan on painting and refinishing) will go here like this. I'll be displaying books and other collectibles on them. I plan on putting the Billy's on the opposite wall.

That carpet will not be staying either. My girlfriend and I would like to have all the carpet in our upstairs rooms tore up and replaced with laminate soon. Before January if possible. I think I am going to go with a more grey colored wood- look floor. Then paint the walls a light grey and paint the trim and baseboards white. Then I'll have to replace the light fixture and paint the doors and my nerd cave should be mostly finished. I can't wait to get started on it!

• Like Like x 2