Waflhaus91's CHUG Addiction

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by waflhaus91, Dec 12, 2018.

1. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So I figured I'd do a little update with some recent customs as well as new acquisitions.
    20200428_193940.jpg
    I'll start off with the customs.

Up first we have a custom CW Slingshot made from CW G2 Air Raid.
    20200428_194154.jpg
    It didn't turn out that great so it doesn't leave combined mode.

Next are mt Seekers.
    20200428_194557.jpg
    The Rainmakers all got silver paint added to their chests and hips, as well as a silver stripe on the front of their feet and black hands. This made me realize that Starscream and Skywarp were the only ones without black hands and Redwing was the only one without the silver stripe on his feet so I decided to make them all match.

And now the new figures.

Last week I got Cliffjumper and Grapple.
    20200428_194032.jpg
    And today I got Astrotrain.
    20200428_194127.jpg
    These are my first new figures since January and it feels good to get something new again. As of now I also have ER Prime on pre-order with Pulse, Sky Lynx and Hotlink with Walmart, Snapdragon and Quintesson with Target and Spy Patrol 3 with BBTS. Other than that, I just need to grab Wheeljack and Hoist to finish out my wave 1 purchases.

• Like Like x 4
  2. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Big change happening today.
    20200503_083305.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Alright. So I know I've said about 100 times that I wasn't gonna move my display unless it was to a new house. But there's a very good reason for this move today.

So if you didn't see my post in the General Rant thread on Monday, my girlfriend lost her job (through no fault of her own - her department lost funding and was shut down). Her job was the only reason she didn't live with me, as it was too far of a drive to make daily. So now that she doesn't work there anymore, we've been getting her moved in all week. The room that my display was in before this is the biggest of my spare rooms, and we realized we should probably use it for our computer room. So through some brainstorming, we decided we could put both of our computer desks, her small sofa, coffee table and bookshelf in the biggest room so it could be our gaming/reading room. Then we put my display, our guitars, her saxophone and all our painting/crafting supplies in the smaller room to be our art room.

It was tough work but I think it was well worth it. Here's some pictures of the progress.

movein1.jpg movein2.jpg movein3.jpg
    (Note: The proportions look odd in the above picture because I was using the wide angle feature on my phone. My girlfriend is not as tall as my doorframes).
    movein4.jpg movein5.jpg movein6.jpg
    Finding a good way to set up my shelves in this room really is a challenge. This is the best I could come up with.
    movein7.jpg movein8.jpg

And the final product for each room.
    movein9.jpg movein91.jpg movein92.jpg

My girlfriend doesn't believe it but this really is the last time my display gets moved unless it's too a new house. I may rearranges individual shelves to accommodate new figures but the shelves themselves will NOT be moving. I mean it this time.

Speaking of moving, the current state of the world and recent events have altered those plans. Originally we wanted to have all the renovations done by now and have the house on the market. Now the plan is to work on as much of the renovations as possible while my girlfriend looks for a new job in her field. She's broadened her search to out-of-state as well. If she happens to get hired somewhere, we are not against putting the house up as is and taking a loss if we have to. It's not an ideal situation, but we're prepared to make that sacrifice.

Anyway, this is what my collection looks like now, lol.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    KING STARSCREAM REFUSES TO LEAVE!

The moving came out very nicely!

5. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Going through your thread has been a while ride!
    Glad things worked out for you during your rut/collecting stopping.

I've felt dread about how much I've spent on these things, I am sure related haha.

I wanted to say how awesome that white OP with the Scythe looks and your bruticus loooooks amazing!!!! (Warbatron?) Also your combiner wars figures with their upgrade kits...wow! So awesome looking.

PS. Nice gaming rig ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yea I'm in a much better place now. I've got a working budget in place now and a well-thought out plan for making sure that budget is met.

That is Warbotron, my first ever 3P purchase. The white OP is CW BC Prime with the SND upgrade kit. It looks great but fuck it's a pain to install. I've got some form of upgrade on every single one of my combiners.

Thanks, I built it two years ago. It's long over due for a RAM and GPU upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
  7. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I started a major shelf overhaul today before work because I've been dealing with a lot of stress and anxiety lately and reorganizing my collection helps me cope.

And for some reason I decided to transform every single figure while I was taking them off the shelf so it's gonna take a while, lol.

Stay tuned for more updates.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    I do the exact same thing:lol  Before I add a new figure to a shelf, I transform them all and leave them there for a day, then transform them back in poses.

• Like Like x 1
  9. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So I got everything back to bot mode and started getting the Con shelf put back.
    20200605_140540.jpg 20200605_140551.jpg 20200605_140556.jpg 20200605_140600.jpg 20200605_140608.jpg 20200605_140613.jpg
    I don't think this is permanent. Not too hot on the Seeker placements, but I find it easier to get the shelves organized when I can actually see figures on the shelves. Once I get all the Autobots put back on I can try and finalize their placements.

• Like Like x 4
  10. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I finally got all the figures put back on. I'm not sure if they'll stay this way long or not. This week has just been physically and mentally exhausting and I was having trouble getting the right poses and deciding where to put them but for now, this is what I'm going with.
    new.jpg new1.jpg new3.jpg new4.jpg new5.jpg new6.jpg new7.jpg new8.jpg new9.jpg new91.jpg new92.jpg new93.jpg new94.jpg new95.jpg

new96.jpg

new97.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wasn't satisfied with how my Decepticon shelf was organized so I decided to move some shit around.
    a.jpg
    It was not easy. Because of the options for shelf sizes, Devy and Preda can only go on top or in the second cubby, which really limits where others can go. It also wasn't easy to break up the Seekers but I think it needed to be done, because it's hard to fit any other figures on the shelves with all eight of them together. But I'm pretty happy with what I have now.
    aa.jpg aaa.jpg aaaa.jpg
    I also decided to swap the two bottom cubbies on the Autobot side. Part of my OCD wants the corresponding cubbies on each shelf to be different sizes.
    aaaaa.jpg
    So this is where I am now.
    aaaaaa.jpg
    I think once my girlfriend and I have a better plan for the future and where we possibly want to move to, I'll start looking into getting a few Billy's from Ikea. Probably white as I've come to not like the black as much anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  12. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I haven't had any real updates to post in the last month but I figure I should post this now.

I think I'm going to take a "break" from collecting for the rest of the year. See, now that I have the internet capable of it, I've rediscovered my love of PC gaming, especially online with friends. So I've decided to focus my hobby budget on upgrading my PC. If I didn't need a new GPU, I could probably keep collecting like normal. But, that's just the way it goes. As it is, I don't really have a long Earthrise wishlist anyway. Scorpy is the only figure I want that I might have to pass on until next year. Other than that, I've got probably less than 10 figures to get this year (A mere fraction of how much I bought in 6 months last year).

Anyway, this is not me quitting, just re-prioritizing. Spend the money on the PC now, and I won't have to spend any money on it in the future. I just think it makes the most sense.

But who knows, maybe I am slowly quitting the collecting game. It has left me feeling rather stale this past month (probably because I haven't gotten a new figure in a while but who knows).

So yea, just thought I'd pop in to say this. Don't know why, but here it is.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

What games will you play?

14. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Cyberpunk 2077 is the reason I'm upgrading and the game I'm looking most forward to. My current rig had trouble running Far Cry 5 so I'll be looking forward to playing that too. When it's just me, I prefer Action RPG's. I'm trying to do a little future proofing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I never intended for this but cleaning the collection room today led to a bt of a rearrange. Just moved the shelves is all.
    20200730_195053_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ok so I don't wanna jump the gun here, but there could be a MAJOR update coming to my display in the coming months. Stay tuned for updates.

• Like Like x 2
  17. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    20200923_204223.jpg
    Did a little shelf reorganizing tonight to help me deal with the stress I've been feeling the past couple days. I've got better pictures of each shelf, I'll try to get them edited and post them up tomorrow. Also I'm gonna go into some more details about the MAJOR update that may be happening soon.

• Like Like x 3
  18. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Alright so let's showcase some changes.
    20200923_204326_edited.jpg
    Of course Sky Lynx has to be above everyone else.
    20200923_204340_edited.jpg
    Don't know why but I was compelled to separate my dinobots. I will more than likely replace them with the upcoming SS versions and use the TDW hands and feet from the Volcanicus upgrade for God Neptune when he gets here.
    20200923_204355_edited.jpg
    20200923_204410_edited.jpg
    20200923_204417_edited.jpg
    20200923_204428_edited.jpg
    20200923_204443_edited.jpg
    So for the most part each shelf on the Autobot side is the same (top shelf and the middle bookcase being the exceptions), all I really did was swap some positions.

But the Cons got more of an overhaul.
    20200923_204505_edited.jpg
    Is Sky Lynx is gonna be on top, so is Predaking.
    20200923_204519_edited.jpg
    20200923_204526_edited.jpg
    It just felt weird not having Devastator and Megatron together.
    20200923_204533_edited.jpg
    20200923_204540_edited.jpg
    20200923_204556_edited.jpg
    Decided it was time to have all Seekers together again. Not sure how I'm gonna fit Thrust and G2 Sandstorm in there though.
    20200923_204451_edited.jpg
    And now for the whole display.
    20200924_172148_edited.jpg
    Not really all that different overall. Just needed to move some things around cause it helps me deal with stress. In the next post, I'll explain why I've been a bit stressed lately, and talk about the future of my collection for the remainder of the year.
    20200924_172122_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ok so if you've been following this thread then you know that I hate this house and have been working on renovating it so I could sell it. Well, my girlfriend has a job interview this coming Wednesday and if she gets this job, she'll be working almost an hour and a half from where we live. That's not a drive she wants to make twice a day, and I wouldn't want her to either. So she started looking at towns that were about halfway between, thinking maybe she could rent an apartment and just sleep there through the week then come home on the weekends. We found a town that's 40 minutes from where she will potentially be working, and also 40 minutes from where I work. And it turns out there are currently A LOT of houses for sale in that town right now (very nice ones in our price range even). We both decided that 40 minutes is an acceptable commute time. So we sat down and considered the current state of my home, and decided that we are ready to sell now.

We've got just a couple projects left to finish (hang and finish a little drywall, trim for bedroom floor, a little paint here and there) and then we're done. We even have all the supplies we need, we just have to do the work. I have found a few local realtors and when the last project is done, I'm going to have a few come down and tour the place. Realistically, I think I can have the house on the market to start accepting offers by November.

Another thing that pushed us to make this decision was in addition to the possible necessity and with our target destination being a buyers market, the area I'm in now is a seller's market. Not a lot of house for sale around here right now and a lot of people looking to buy. I honestly don't expect we'll have a hard time getting offers. And I'm confident I will make a big enough profit on the potential sale to cover the down payment for a new mortgage.

The only other thing we have to do (besides actually going to the new town and looking at houses) is talk to lenders to see what they're willing to give us. I make decent money and have drastically improved my credit since I bought this house. I'd like to think that myself alone (without my girlfriend being a co-borrower - she doesn't really have any credit) could get $150k. But I've never tried to get a mortgage that big so I don't know for sure.

So anyway. The optimist in me thinks I could be moved into a new house by 2021. The pessimist in my thinks I'm still gonna be stuck in this house forever. The realist in me just keeps telling me to be patient and expect setbacks, but it will happen in due time.

Now, as for how this pertains to my collection (at least in more than an "it's gonna be in a new house" sense), we've decided that a three bedroom house is what we want. We don't have and don't plan to have any kids. We just each want our own room for our hobbies. So I will once again have my own gaming/collection room. Once we close on a place and do move, I'm not going to be using these shelves anymore. They're cheap and ugly. I'm definitely going to get some Ikea shelves. I'm 99% sure I'm going to get white Billy's (93 in. ones, 2 wide, 1 skinny). But I change my mind like I change my underwear so I could still very well decide on Detolfs and Bestas instead. I also plan on getting an Ikea computer desk but that's not really relevant here.

So anyway, the long short of it is I could potentially be moving into a bigger and better house towards the end of the year/early next year, which means my display will be getting majorly upgraded. And I guess I should take this time to say that because we will be busy with the final renovations and meeting with the right people, I probably won't be posting many pictures for a while (definitely not with my shitty lightbox). But, once we're settled in somewhere new, I'll resume posting like normal.

Wish me luck, y'all. I'm gonna need it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Hey man, Godspeed on these projects, I know from experience that renovating a house to sell with fast approaching plans is no one's definition of fun. I hope you get through it all.

• Like Like x 2