Waflhaus91's G1 Cartoon Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by waflhaus91, Dec 12, 2018.

1. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I've been in a bit of a slump lately and I felt like something needed to change. Since I can't really change that much with my life right now, I decided to rearrange my display. I think it turned out pretty damn good.
    IMG_1929_edited1.jpg IMG_1930_edited1.jpg
    I'm not to fond of my LED's anymore, though. Four of the strips I have installed were from a different brand. I wanted to have all my Autobots lit up with red and Decepticons lit with purple, but I can't. Cause the four different strips turn different colors than what I select. And I shouldn't have mounted them at the back of the shelves. Should have put them at the front. Guess it's time to start saving up to redo it. Cause once those strips come off they won't be sticking to the shelves again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Well I'll be damned. I guess it WAS possible to move all the LED strips to the front of the shelves. Some of them needed a couple strips on packing tape but they're all holding good. Took the opportunity to change the layout of them too. This new configuration allows me to get some light on Fort Max and Trypty, but also takes away from the center bookcase. No worries, I can buy another four-pack of strips and some splitters and get it lit up in no time.
    IMG_1939_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow!!!!!!,......So awesome here my friend love what you did here. I need some blue lights myself. Where did you get those lights cause i think i wanna change out my purple-ish rope lights. I've been eager to do that but i don't know where i can get those. All my little lady has seen is every other color except blue at Wal-Mart. Can i order these lights online do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  4. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I got them from Amazon. They're RGB lights, so they can be just about any color you want. I actually have them all on the white setting but they have a blue-ish tint to them. And my editing makes them look even blue-er.

• Like Like x 1
  5. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    33630370_204706763680866_8566298626760900608_n.jpg
    I let the date slip past me by 15 days. But on June 9th, 2018 I found this 100% MISB Computron for $50 at a local thrift store. At that time I didn't know what Combiner Wars was. I hadn't followed any Transformers toy lines since Armada and that was all my "collection" consisted of. I also was completely unfamiliar with the character because the only thing G1 I had ever watched was the '86 movie. But I have also loved robots that combined into super robots. To say I was fascinated by it was a bit of an understatement. My girlfriend, being the loving and understanding (and maybe a little enabling) person she is, bought it for me as an early birthday gift. I honestly had no idea the impact this one (or technically seven) figure(s) would have. Until this point I had a small collection of around 60 Armada figures. Since then I've sold off ALL the Armada figures and replaced them with 185 various CHUG and 3P figures. Against the better wishes of my bank account, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. This is one journey I want to be apart of for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    MASSIVE PIC DUMP

Decided to snap some shots of each shelf tonight.

Top shelf Decepticon side is basically all my Voyager class and smaller CHUG bots, mostly Hasbro, with a couple 3P. The next two shelves are my Siege shelves. Decided to include Warbotron's Bruticus with Siege as a call back to their creation by Starscream and I think they fit the Siege scale and aesthetic quite well. Next are my PWT Leaders, then PotP Starscream combiner with FP Intimidator.

For the Bots, top shelf is essentially the same as the Cons, except I put my Leaders up there too. Then two more Siege shelves. Got a spot saved for Jetfire on the upper shelf next to Orthia. Upgraded Victorion and offbrand Defensor are too tall for any of the other shelves, so they are currently on my second Siege shelf. Below that are the rest of my Autobot Combiners as well as MT Thunder Manus and Divine Shooter.

Finally in the middle are my Titans and Titan Masters. It never occurred to me until typing this that I had them together like that. I honestly only put them there cause that's where I had room for them.

Tomorrow is gonna be shelf cleaning day for me. I didn't realize until I took some of these how dirty they were. Might do some rearranging while I have the figures off. I know realistically I won't be able to fit all Siege figures on one shelf each side by the end of the year, let alone by the time part 3 of the trilogy comes out. But they just seem too empty now. At least on the Con side. I think I can live with the Autobots. Especially after I nab a Jetfire. Maybe I can change the positions of the shelves a little. Hell, it won't be long before I need to buy another book case, lol.

I can't wait until I can get this house sold. There's just no good room here for a decent display. Manufactured homes suck. As soon as I can sell this place, my girlfriend and I are gonna look for an actual house to rent/buy. She's even given me permission to take any room in the house we get to make my collection/gaming room. I can't wait for that day to finally come.

Anyway, here's the pictures.
    IMG_2055_edited.jpg IMG_2056_edited.jpg IMG_2057_edited.jpg IMG_2058_edited.jpg IMG_2059_edited.jpg IMG_2060_edited.jpg IMG_2061_edited.jpg IMG_2062_edited.jpg IMG_2063_edited.jpg IMG_2064_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Well I never did get around to shelf cleaning today. Woke up to a text from my dad saying he needed my help with a project.
    received_423959904858418_edited.jpg
    Had to help him move this thing about a hundred yards from his driveway to his shed. But first we had to run to Walmart for some supplies. I thought about doing a little Transformer shopping while we were there but my Walmart sucks ass and never has anything good. So I got some fishing gear instead. Plus he bought me a new baitcasting rod and reel combo for my birthday. So after we got done moving the carport we took the boat out. I'm only just now getting home. I'll probably end up cleaning the shelves in a few minutes after I've relaxed a little.

8. Randomento

Randomento Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude that’s an awesome collection! And I see a RWBY poster too! That’s really cool! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jawafive

Jawafive Member

Love the G1 Dinobots combiner! Is that a licensed one or are there only 3rd party ones available? I've looked online and only found 3rd party. Either way, beautiful collection!

10. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    That's the official Hasbro combiner made of the PotP Dinobots released last year. With an upgrade kit.

11. Jawafive

Jawafive Member

Oh, I'm going to check those out then. I passed on them a few times because I always kept finding the same two. He's really impressive.

12. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I honestly don't think I'll ever be satisfied with how my collection is displayed. I feel like once a week I'm wanting to reorganize it. (Come to think of it, I often feel like reorganizing basically every room of my house about once a month).
    IMG_2068_edited.jpg
    Since my last update, I've moved all my Siege Cons except Starscream and Redwing down one shelf, and moved Devy and Predaking up to the top with Trypticon so all my Decepticon Titans could be together.

I think I might have to ditch that small shelf and get another tall one. I just don't see it being feasible to fit Omega down there with Fort Max, and I think I'm actually going to get Omega (I wasn't so sure when he was announced), so I'll need to make sure I've got room for him. Plus with all the Siege figures we're still waiting on, and whatever parts two and three of the trilogy have in store, I think I'm gonna need a bigger shelf, lol. I think ultimately, if I don't upgrade to Detolfs or something similar in the future, I would like to have four large cases (like the two here) filled to the brim. If I can accomplish that, I'll CONSIDER getting out of collecting.

• Like Like x 3
  13. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    June/July was a pretty good month, August is gonna be where it's at. I think I've got about 21 new figures on preorder that should be delivered sometime in August.

Here's some shots of things I acquired last month.
    IMG_2143_edited.jpg IMG_2147_edited.jpg IMG_2156_edited.jpg IMG_2116_edited.jpg IMG_2142_edited.jpg
    I need to get some supplies to build a light box. And I need a tripod. And while I'm at it, a new DSLR wouldn't be a bad idea either. Why is this hobby so expensive?

• Like Like x 4
  14. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Got a few new bots today!
    IMG_2164_edited.jpg
    The micromaster 10 pack came from Robotkindom and the other two I picked up at Walmart. The Chromia is actually a replacement since I had to send my broken copy back to Hasbro for a refund. As for Prime, I originally wasn't going to get him. I fell out of the franchise around Cybertron and only ended up seeing a few episodes. I remember thinking Prime's super mode was pretty cool but I never had the toy and never really cared too. I was OK with passing up on this version but I was so surprised to actually see him at Walmart (distribution in my area sucks), that I decided to pick him up and take a closer look. I was impressed enough to actually take him home. He's a very nice figure, but just like Magnus he's too short for his thickness. I took the thigh extensions off UM for this picture and it's a huge improvement. I've already ordered another set off Shapeways. All in all I still say I could have lived happily without him, but I don't regret getting him. I think he'll make a great, albeit unnecessary addition to my shelves.

Speaking of shelves, they're still changing, lol. I seriously cannot decide on a way to display them.
    IMG_2165_edited.jpg IMG_2166_edited.jpg IMG_2167_edited.jpg IMG_2168_edited.jpg

Like I said in my last post, August is shaping up to be a great month for new Transformers. On top of what I got today, I still have the Skywarp pack and the G2 Sideswipe pack coming from Amazon. And Bluestreak from Walmart (which I think is an August release but maybe not). Oh, and I almost forgot my Rainmaker set that should be here on Friday. So that makes a total of 22 or 23 new figures this month, lol. I am really glad my girlfriend doesn't pay much attention to what figures I already have. I don't think she'd be too pleased with me if she noticed 22 new figures in a months time.

• Like Like x 4
  15. sunstreaker1980

sunstreaker1980 Titan master!

awesome collection ! Glad your curent gf dont mind you collecting. My wife dont either. I have 4 things i collect.

16. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    She doesn't mind the collecting, what she minds is not being smart with my money, lol. Budgeting, she's all about that shit.

17. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Man, my wallet can't wait for August to end. Makes me glad there are no new releases hitting shelves between today and 10/1. Now that I've been charged for my Amazon preorders this month, I'm going to start putting money back each week for my October preorders, and hopefully have enough left over to preorder Omega Supreme before the 4th.

I'll also probably pick up a couple more bookcases in September. As it stands right now, I have nowhere to display Omega. I'm thinking of either swapping out the small middle case for another tall one, or just getting another short one. Those short shelves are great for Titan class figures cause I can put them on top and give them more room for poses. But another short one means I'll have to reorganize the whole room (everything has to be symmetrical). Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Man, I really can't wait to sell this house. I just keep picturing what it will be like when I finally have a decent sized room to display these in. It's gonna be so awesome! Damn, I kinda turned this collection thread into a blog, didn't I? Oh well, I don't care if anyone reads it or not. I just like typing it all up.

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow what a great collection update here. I need to get a Red-wing,Lancer figures really bad myself.

19. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Been getting some new figures lately, which means it was time to move some figures around to make room. My shelves got quite the overhaul tonight.
    IMG_2282_edited.jpg IMG_2283_edited.jpg IMG_2284_edited.jpg IMG_2291_edited.jpg IMG_2292_edited.jpg IMG_2293_edited.jpg IMG_2296_edited.jpg IMG_2297_edited.jpg IMG_2298_edited.jpg IMG_2300_edited.jpg
    I got both Amazon exclusives this weekend so I feel like I should post the obligatory "both boxes put together" picture. Here it is with all my Siege boxes in my closet.
    IMG_2287_edited.jpg
    As my collection has been growing I've come to the realization that I need to get into that "one figure per character" mindset. At least for my main display. So in addition to making room for new figures, I also removed a few entirely. I decided that CW Megatron and PotP Optimus were not my definitive versions of the characters (those titles belong to the Siege versions). But they are both still amazing figures that I don't wanna part with, so I figured they could be on display somewhere away from my main display. As of now, that somewhere is my computer desk (and have some pictures of some other stuff I have on display for funsies). Also I moved the IF DJD figures over here until the other two are finally released, then they'll be going back to the shelves.
    IMG_2301_edited.jpg IMG_2302_edited.jpg IMG_2303_edited.jpg IMG_2304_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. waflhaus91

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Stopped at Walmart last night to get another small bookcase in preparation for Omega Supreme. As my luck would have it, Walmart no longer sells the small bookcase I have. They sell one that's the same height, same depth, but about 2 inches narrower. Not enough to be a huge difference, but enough for me to notice. I can't stand it when things like this are asymmetrical. It drives me insane. Oh well I guess, not much I can do about it right now.
    IMG_2394_edited.jpg
    Unfortunately rearranging the cases meant I no longer had the extra room to have Trypticon facing forward.....
    IMG_2395_edited.jpg
    ...until I figured this one out. Kinda bugs me that he's not with the other Decepticon Titans, but I also think it's pretty clever. So for now, he stays there.
    IMG_2396_edited.jpg
    Look at all that space I have to fill up in the future.
    IMG_2398_edited.jpg
    Rearranged my gaming station too.
    IMG_2399_edited.jpg
    Updated non-Transformers display (Prime and Megs aren't apart of my main collection, IF DJD will go back into main collection when the remaining two figures are released).

• Like Like x 2