Heavy/Scratch: W.I.P. G1 ARK Diorama

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Maximal Prime, Feb 19, 2021.

1. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    I'm looking for some creative uses of space...

Home office
    Gym
    Meditation space
    Man cave (complete with shelves to display little figures of what would huge sentient robots collect?)

So yeah, man cave or bust, basically :p 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

They would collect Rock-Lords.
    Robots that turn into vehicles and other pieces of technology would totally dig Golems that turn into rocks

• Like Like x 7
  3. Yankee0

Yankee0 I own one jacket.

Well if people collect transforming robot action figures, perhaps transforming robots collect people action figures? As in GI Joe/He Man etc.

A 1/144 scale airfix model aircraft carrier as a TF sized USS Flagg...? :peoples: 

• Like Like x 5
  4. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Funny comment but wouldn’t that be parking spaces instead of bunk beds? Do robots sleep? Maybe Energon refueling parking spots similar to the new electric car recharging stations?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

how about stacked charging beds like the one from the episode where the autobots were reprogrammed?

On a serious note it would be cool if the "jail cells" were incorporated from the episode where the autobots pretended to be menasor and locked then in cells

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yeah, and Wheeljack's an engineer, not a paleontologist. What about it?

The bot gave you mechanical dinosaurs that turn into badasses,
    what did you do?

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    We know that androids sleep because they dream of electric sheep. Maybe Cybertronians do too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. Maximal Prime

Maximal Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very small update...with a looming 72 hour workweek starting tomorrow I probably won't have much time to work on the Ark this week. I did manage to draw out most of the grid lines on the interior floor of the Ark, as well as gluing the smaller fossil rocks to the ground and spray painting the floor of the cave.
    20210509_134243.jpg
    20210508_223647.jpg
    Right now I'm in the process of gathering material and measuring the walls of the interior Ark. I have a lot of things I want to do, but I want to have a solid plan of how I'm going to build this first. Which leads me to my next question. How I'm going to tackle the problem of Teletraan-1. In a perfect world I would love to have the iGear Teletraan-1 set, but the prices for that set I have found are absolutely insane. I saw a 3D printed version CybertronSurgery.com offers, as well as the X2Toys BG-A2 masterpiece size one. Does anyone else know of any other 3rd party Teletraan-1's out there? I could probably printout the version from Mandingo Rex that he did along with the Ark walls. Ideally I'd like to have it be plastic and not foam core though.

• Like Like x 9
  9. destroncombaticon

destroncombaticon DestronCombaticon

Ebay:
    I’m so hyped to see the final product wow the attention to detail and the updates have been just as sweet thank you best ark display

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  11. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

@rusticon made a pretty cool looking Teletraan1 you might want to look into.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

It would be cute if all the beds had things near them corresponding to there personality’s or references to episodes they had a spotlight in like for example warpath could have a lance from that one episode where him spike, hoist, rumble, and ramjet went to medieval times!

• Like Like x 2
  13. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    @Braddock has a good looking 3d printed one that a friend printed out for him (he mentioned it in the UK Toy thread). Not sure whether it's an existing file online or new design, but it looks great and is WFC scaled from what I can see.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

virus.jpg
    Indeed, I assume it is from Thingyverse as that where he gets most of his designs (he also prints parts for a few life size R2-D2's he has made), it was supplied white (there are some local companies that might print it for you, we are starting to get them in the UK), cleaned it up, although it was pretty good, then I sprayed it with a car primer/filler in.........whatever colour it is, as below (mine was a fiver from 'The Range'), then panel lined it (too subtly actually, you can sort of see them bottom right), then cut clear plastic from toy packaging and pictures to shape and 'framed' them in the screens to make the displays.

I plan to bring out a few of the details with some dry-brushing (although official images show it being fairly monochrome), but I can see that being bumped to the back of my project list.....

upload_2021-5-10_13-24-45.png

Those are MP figures, looks ok with the cars but once you get to MP10 he is of course too big.

Hope this is useful,
    Laters.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Maximal Prime

Ebay:
    You know that end credit scene at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron where Thanos says "Fine, I'll do it myself." ?

That's what Grapple said too. ;) 
    20210514_142753.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  16. Maximal Prime

Ebay:
    Well, I solved the Teletraan-1 problem. Built one in a day using Lego's from my 13 year old son who not only gave them to me for the project but helped me build it. Cost me $0. I owe ya son. :D  It's 9 inches tall x 9 inches wide.
    20210514_211517.jpg
    20210514_211653.jpg
    I made the whole front view screen on a hinge so that it moves forward to allow a cellphone or any kind of viewing screen to be inserted into the slot.
    20210514_210839.jpg
    20210514_210851.jpg
    On the back I have an open space for a LED light set up I plan on installing. Once the glue on everything is dried and I find the lights I want, I'll drill small holes for the lights to go into. I also put blue tinted plastic Lego bricks at the top which I plan on illuminating from behind as well. Then I'll glue a few raised details and put in the center console. It's hard to make out the details now, but once this thing is spray painted orange it will make sense and come together.
    20210514_210930.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
  17. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

Oooohhh..... You clever, clever boy! That looks like it is going to work out quite nice. It has quite the nice shape to it. I can't wait to this painted and lit up. Keep it coming!! ( I'm gonna be kinda depressed when this project is done. I'm always looking forward to the next update:drool: )

• Like Like x 1
  18. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

That's cool
    I like the screen feature too

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pincol

Pincol Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Nice detail, i think un Made a teletraan screen with an old phone, amazing, and the use of the legos give an idea for make mine better! I like this project, Is a piece of art

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maximal Prime

Ebay:
    I added a companion piece today for the Teletraan-1 I did yesterday. It will have a LED light up feature on the left side and the top lid is on a hinge so there's room to put the light on the inside. I also added a joystick and have a spot on the lid for a sky spy I plan on making as well.
    20210515_151154.jpg
    20210515_165254.jpg
    20210515_151229.jpg

• Like Like x 13