Vroom repro parts, Broken Arrow no longer taking orders?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by mazingaspidey, Dec 21, 2012.

1. mazingaspidey

mazingaspidey Member

Ebay:
    So after many years I finally acquired a Vroom, only to discover that I have next to nothing for it. I see that Broken Arrow used to make repro parts for the wheels, but their forum is closed to new members and most everything is listed as out of stock. Anyone have any leads on these parts? I'm thinking of trying my hand at resin casting Octopunch's legs and non-functional G2 Predator/Machine Wars guns if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

2. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I would be interested in at least 1 G2 gun.

Any interest in casting the laser rod transparent swords?

3. steelsoul

steelsoul Member

holy crap your onto big stuff here i need notification if you get a biter

4. mazingaspidey

mazingaspidey Member

Ebay:
    So I decided to try and cast some parts for Octopunch. My first mold was not a success, but it taught me several things that I will incorporate into the second run of my mold, specifically regarding giving the casting rubber MUCH longer to cure, and how to best structure the mold itself. Currently I just have the crab legs to mold, but I have a spare shell and robot that I wanted to paint up anyway, so currently I'm still under budget for what a set of official legs would cost me on ebay. I'll post photos in the next few weeks of the progress on this, then perhaps I'll get lucky and have someone willing to loan the larger and smaller gun for the casting process.

Bruticus, let me see how this process goes then we can talk! I'd like to become a bit more efficient to keep costs down for everyone, myself included. With that said though, I'm certainly interested in helping out!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Discussion threads go in Creative General Discussion.