Vote Your Least Favorite Transformers Film.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GoldToaster, Jan 6, 2019.

?

Least Favorite Transformers film?

1. Transformers 2007

2.5%
  2. Revenge Of the Fallen

19.7%
  3. Dark Of the Moon

0.6%
  4. Age Of Extinction

12.1%
  5. The Last Knight

60.5%
  6. Bumblebee

4.5%
  1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For as bad as AOE was, TLK had friggin Merlin and ze French Haut Rohd.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Dodging the real question i was asking there but a fair enough response to the follow up point I suppose.

3. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

The Godfather having a plot isn't actually an opinion. It's a fact.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Weird stuff like drunk Merlin is honestly what elevates TLK above some of the others for me. I'd much prefer something wacky and obviously tongue-in-cheek like that to the more serious/dark/played-straight vibe of DOTM. As dumb as it is, it's not that far removed from something that could have happened in a G1 episode. Maybe not a particularly good G1 episode, but I still prefer that vibe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    The first movie is honestly the weakest in my opinion but hey I also think they got better with each movie (Bee, AOE, & TLK are my top three favorites), and the first one was what got me into the brand in the first place.

6. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Not in my opinion.

Oh...to answer ur question yes I believe that none of those movies have plots. Accept for maybe DOTM and Bumblebee.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2019
  7. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

You do you. A lot of people disagree with facts. It doesn't make them bad people. It just makes them wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Wrong to you, but not me. I guess, we just have different ideas on what can be considered a plot.
    That also makes what are facts to some opinions to others. So, in reality, there is no right or wrong answer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I've never seen The Godfather, but of all the movies i have seen the first four Bay movies are my favorites. The other two are probably 5 and 6, but they're more debatable...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

All of them have impressive CGI, sound design, and robot designs. That's what I like most about all of them.

2007:
    The first live action movie was adequate. It was weak on character but had a clear plot. The action is hard to follow. A few pointless scenes played for comedy but did nothing to movie the story forward. Like what was the point of the scene where they are in Sam's room looking for the glasses? No story progression there.

Revenge of the Fallen:
    A typical sequel. Action is easier to follow and fight scenes are pretty enjoyable, goes bigger than the first in action but takes awhile to get to the plot. More scenes that are only there for "comedy" but do nothing to move the story forward. More cringe moments. Rushed resolution. The Fallen seemed like a weak villain since Optimus quickly foiled his plan and destroyed him do that the film could wrap up. Perhaps the wafted tone in the beginning of the film could have been cut for favor of a more substantial resolution.

Dark of the Moon:
    Best plot driven of the franchise. Less pointless scenes than the sequel, but still present. Most interesting villain. Less cringe but still some. Forced love story. They spent the whole second film love story on Sam and Michela and it was for nothing come the third film, so they force a new one in its place.

Age of Extinction:
    Soft reboot, all issues with the previous films still present. Much if the action is inconsequential. So much fighting just to have action, most of it doesn't even move the plot along and it doesn't seem to feel like any real danger exists. (The other films have this to an extent, but this one feels the worst to me).

The Last Knight:
    All issues present, lack of continuity. To many plot points that are unresolved or unrelated. So many things are mentioned in passing with no real value to the actual main plot or story it's just there.

Bumblebee:
    Soft reboot /prequel, it seems to be caught somewhere inbetween these two.
    The most heart and character but thinnest plot... what was the main goal of our protagonist? Bumblebee spends most of the movie in a childlike state (not a cybertronion solider with amnesia) without any clear goal. He's not even trying to find out who he is or what he's doing. When the antagonists are the only ones with a clear goal, the plot is weak at best.

They all have serious issues. AoE is probably my least favorite of all, but none are masterpieces
    I enjoy all of them even with their problems because in the end I'm entertained.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For big budget special effect shows, Revenge of the Fallen will always be my least favorite. But i don't actively dislike any of them. They're all fine, with DOTM and BB being actually good films imo.

• Like Like x 2
  12. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    That's a very good am write up. I think you're spot on with every point.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ucdavisboy

ucdavisboy Well-Known Member

Yup- so I'm not alone. God The Last Knight was bad...and I'm a Bayverse apologist who genuinely enjoys the films. But I watched TDK and was like....WTF did I just see......

And that was a tough letdown after AOE which I personally felt was perhaps the best movie in the franchise thanks to the jettisoning of Shia finally and what I think was an underrated performance by Stanley Tucci.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Yeah, no. That's not true and it isn't applicable to this discussion because last time, you were clearly arguing plot as a literary term and presenting what you thought were the requirements that a story needed to fit to qualify as having a plot. You disqualified The Godfather because you thought Michael's transformation was a theme and thus it couldn't be the plot. You were trying for a factual argument, not an opinionated one.

So to clear things up, are you referring to plot as a literary term or as an opinion?

Fundamentally untrue.

What's the best way to treat cancer?

With fruit juice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

The Bay movies on the other hand were blatant in selling beer and everything else under the sun. Add to that some of the bots the Bay movies puked up on the screen like kitchen bots, baby dino bots, female terminator, bots humping legs, etc.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well,.... Age Of Extinction for me wasn't that good. I felt it was alittle boring and just not that interesting.

17. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

If you wanna believe I'm wrong then go ahead and believe that.
    Yes I was arguing a factual argument, but I am came to terms that I just won't be able to change your mind, which is fine.
    And no it is not fundamentally untrue for facts to be opinionated. Maybe fruit juice could cure cancer if someone with cancer wanted it to. The placebo effect. They keep drinking fruit juice hoping it will work, and as a result it does. They program their subconscious mind to believe that fruit juice will cure their cancer and it does.

I don't know why your mad, lmao.

A plot to me is a literary term, but that doesn't mean it can't be an opinion. What you've learned as the definition of a plot via the internet is clearly differently from what I learned in my educated college classes.

18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Stay on topic. You know who you are. You've been warned about this pointless bickering, on this same topic, in an entirely different thread. Thread bans will be issued if it continues.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

The Last Night for me as well, followed by AOE. I liked the original trilogy, even Revenge of the Fallen. I really liked the Bee movie.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think TLK is objectively the worst film, but I hold more dislike for DOTM. It was the last one I saw in a theater so along with fucking bad and fucking boring it was also fucking loud and long to sit thru. The recent films I could atleast pause and do shit while watching home for the sake of watching it. Plus I didn't have to pay money for them.