Vote for Best/Worst Sixshot Figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Unicron9, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Voting completed! Results below.
    Votes gathered from here and where I posted the same poll at Deviantart.

Best car mode goes to Titans Return Sixshot with 11 votes. Runner up with 5 votes was the G1 toy.

Worst car mode goes to DX9 Hanzo with 11 votes. Terminus Hexatron had 6 votes for worst.

Best jet mode goes to MMC Terminus Hexatron with 11 votes. G1 was very close behind with 9.
    Worst jet mode goes to Dx9 Hanzo with a whopping 18 votes. No other was even over 3 votes. The wheels on top of a fat boat-like thing... Yeah, it's just barely passable.

Best winged wolf mode goes to Dx9 Hanzo with a juicy 16 votes. It really is a very nice wolf mode with a fairly G1 toon accurate head. Wheels on top is it's only issue.
    Worst winged wolf mode goes to the G1 Sixshot toy with 12 votes. Though the idea was there, it wasn't great then and it's just bad by modern standards.

Best tank mode was Titans Return Sixshot with 8 votes. G1 was close behind at 7 votes.
    Worst tank mode goes to DX9 Hanzo with 14 votes. No cockpit and basically a brick with guns and big wheels on the turret.

Best gun mode was a tie between G1 Sixshot and Terminus Hexatron with 9 votes. G1 is the only one that has a trigger and for its time still competes with all others well, so it had my vote.
    Worst gun mode goes to DX9 Hanzo with a pathetic 18 votes. Probably looks the most like just a robot laying down and with those eye-sore wheels on the front sides.

Best robot mode goes to Titans Return Sixshot with 11 votes. Did the upgrade kit and decals push it to top votes? I personally disagree on this result because guns are important and TR Sixshot's guns are total crap. He is still a good robot, but I think Hanzo is much better.
    Worst robot mode goes to the G1 Sixshot toy with 12 votes. Nostalgia makes me love him, but almost no articulation and his blocky look makes him poor competition with any others in robot mode.

And the figure with the most best votes, winner of best Sixshot figure to date, is Titans Return Sixshot with 42 best votes! Hasbro/Takara really did a great job on this guy. His guns suck bad, but he pulls off his 6 modes quite well.
    The biggest looser with a total of 66 worst votes, is DX9 Hanzo. Really cool robot and wolf mode but his gun and tank modes are just the worst and that car and jet mode aren't very good either.

G1 had 32 best and 30 worst votes.
    TR had 42 best votes and 11 worst.
    Terminus Hexatron had 35 best votes and 28 worst.

Hanzo had 29 best votes and 66 worst.

Just for fun this was a best/worst poll on every individual mode of 4 versions of the Sixshot character in transforming action figure form.

Each of my Sixshots has some improvements from the basic stock version, but they are still basically the molds they are listed as. To name the enhancements they have though-

G1 Sixshot is the encore version which has some chromed parts and a few more paint apps.
    My Titans Return Sixshot has an upgrade kit head and hands, and the reprolabel decals, plus a couple of little mods I did.
    Terminus Hexatron is the Clone Droid version with knee side flaps that can fold down and a few extra paint apps.
    DX9 Hanzo is the retro colors version and I modified one of his guns with a peg so both guns can peg into place on the wing bases like they did on the G1 toy.

I don't transform every mode on all of mine by the instructions.
    Car mode in the G1 instructions was actually printed out incorrectly, so I have it transformed right, and I transform a few things on a couple of the other versions differently to either look more like G1 or to look less stupid (in my opinion).
    A couple of examples would be how I transform Terminus Hexatron's car mode to have a more balanced look, so he doesn't look like the car is about to tip forward, and folding the wings forward on Hanzo's car mode to be more like G1.

IMG_20180707_152128.jpg
    IMG_20180708_122806.jpg
    IMG_20180708_134320.jpg
    IMG_20180708_151240.jpg
    IMG_20180708_154035.jpg
    IMG_20180709_125508.jpg

I do have the Iron factor and WST versions of Sixshot too, but I'm not including them in this. Not including Gcreation Fuuma either for the same reason's I didn't get him. Fragile parts make him risky to transform repeatedly, gun mode tends to bend downward in the front from his own weight, I really dislike his car mode, rubber treads come off and can break, and he cost's over $200 despite those issues. Not bashing the figure. He looks pretty great overall, but after going through about 40 pages of people's thoughts on him here at TFW plus my own personal dislikes about things in almost every mode, I decided to skip him.

Can't wait for Fanstoys true Masterpiece version!

My wife, oldest daughter, best friend since I was 12, and myself all wrote our votes down too. Added in the mix of comments below.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll be "that guy":
    There are only two molds of Sixshot- G1 and Titans Return/Legends.

Of those two, I prefer my upgraded Takara version, mainly for the colors.
    Between the TR mold and G1 model, I think G1 did the jet and tank modes better. Pistol version is arguably better as well due to the cannons inside the legs.

• Like Like x 6
  3. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    I nearly responded to the OP, read your comment, and rolled my eyes so hard doctor says I gotta wear an eyepatch for a week.

• Like Like x 11
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Legends Sixshot wins all but the gun mode, which goes to G1. Terminus Hextron is a seriously good figure but it's more different than better. That Hanzo figure looks derp.

• Like Like x 4
  5. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hanzo's airplane and dog/wolf mode wins

6. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    I think he meant for official and third party. But, to also be "that guy", you forgot the Iron Factory/MechFansToys one.
    But, to keep things on track, these are my picks of the four.

Best car mode: Hanzo
    Worst car mode: Terminus Hexatron

Best jet mode: G1
    Worst jet mode: Hanzo

Best wolf mode: TIE - Terminus Hexatron and Hanzo
    Worst wolf mode: G1

Best tank mode: Titans Return
    Worst tank mode: Terminus Hexatron

Best gun mode: G1
    Worst gun mode: Hanzo

Best robot mode: TIE - Titans Return (with or without upgrades) and Hanzo
    Worst robot mode: Terminus Hexatron

• Like Like x 1
  7. Unicron9

I like you Yaujta so don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not even counting the votes of someone who won't acknowledge 2 original design takes on a character because they aren't official.
    The question was out of these 4, best/worst. I understand some nostalgia bias to the original but discounting 2 because they are 3rd party kind of poops on the whole idea of voting for which is best in each mode.

Thanks for posting your votes this way so its easier for me to tally them up later!
    As for the Iron factory version, I stated in the OP that I have it but didn't include it or the WST version in this.
    These are all relatively close in size while those other 2 are miniatures. Plus Iron factory's car mode is terrible and many other modes suffer due to the huge legs making huge oversized alt mode sections.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    I agree with this 100%.

There are only two Sixshots in this poll.

The others are not Sixshot nor do they even belong in this forum. There's a 3rd party forum specifically for the other guys.

As for G1 vs Titans Return, of course the TR version would win at basically everything anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Unicron9

Cool, toss me the rest of the mode best/worst votes and I'll have them all added into the end results. :) 
    I agree on Hanzo's winged wolf mode being best too.

10. Unicron9

There are 4 representations of the Sixshot character clearly shown in the OP. 4 toys.
    This was just something for fun, not about brand loyalty or toy politics. Posts going on about how 3rd party versions of the characters shouldn't be in this won't be considered in the end votes because they ignore half of the options presented. Nobody has to participate, but the question was just which of these figures pulls off what modes best and worst. :\

• Like Like x 3
  11. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 wins across the board, because for G1 the figure is amazing.

I like the Titans Return figure but mine has a seriously floppy shoulder and both legs are too loose for him to stand. Therefore he is a poor quality toy and must be cut out from consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Titans Return for best in all modes, Hexatron is the wrong color and Hanzo's proportions look all wrong. And of course any of them beat the G1 one.

E: worst in all modes goes to Hexatron, again for the colors and it feels a little over-designed to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Spoilering it since it's long
    Best car mode- TR
    Worst car mode- Hanzo

Best jet mode- G1
    Worst jet mode- Hanzo (looks more like Snapdragon or Apeface, and those exposed wheels are too blatant)

Best wolf mode- Hanzo
    Worst wolf mode- Hexatron (kind of a mess up front, and his back thighs or whatever look bad...G1 at least looks cute)

Best tank mode- TR (Hexatron is very cool tho, but he looks more like a miscolored Scorponok here)
    Worst tank mode- Hanzo (could

Best gun mode- Hexatron
    Worst gun mode- Hanzo

Best robot mode- TR
    Worst robot mode- G1

Neither 3P one looks bad, but neither really shines at all compared to the Hasbro ones, especially since they're presumably more expensive and complex than the better looking TR Sixshot.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's all good man. I didn't mean offense and understand the idea of the poll.
    I will say that the official versions are the only ones that look "right" to me, because they hold to the spirit of the character.

I did own Hexatron at one point, and while it's a decent action figure, it just isn't Sixshot. Not even close.
    It did have a pretty sweet jet mode, but everything else felt forced and over-designed. Reminded me of an old time radiator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Unicron9

Well I think Hanzo does have the look of Sixshot nailed pretty well in robot mode, and his wolf mode is a cool update due to the real legs and an actual body instead of the lower legs making up a split 50% of the body. His other modes are pretty awful though. Most are just passable at best, and they didn't even bother giving tank mode a cockpit at all (like with Gcreations Fuuma and the Iron factory tank modes).
    The Clone Droid Sixshot has less radiator lines than the old Terminus Hexatron and those fold down knees so I like it better than Term-Hex, which i already thought was a cool figure. Sure, it strays heavily from the G1 look, but it's meant to be CHUG, not MP. As a modernized update to the character, which is what CHUG used to be, I think it works real well.

I gave my best vote to a couple of G1 Sixshot modes too, partly because of nostalgia and how well he still holds up 30 years later. No way can I give the best vote to his bot mode anymore though.
    If you give me your "worst modes" votes I'll put yours all in the final results too.

Yeah I agree Hanzo is a bit wide in bot mode, though I do still think he looks cool and pretty G1 in that mode. I like his wolf mode a lot too.
    I actually feel like G1 Sixshot has several alt modes that still compete really well with every new version there is.

16. Unicron9

Here are the votes from me, my wife, my 15 year old daughter who is also a big Sixshot fan, and my friend who just basically hates Sixshot, especially the G1 toy.

Best car mode- Terminus Hexatron 2 votes. G1 2 votes (me).
    Worst car mode- Hanzo 3 votes (me). G1 1 vote.

Best jet mode- Terminus Hexatron 3 vote (me). Titans return 1 vote.
    Worst jet mode- Hanzo 4 votes (me).

Best wolf mode- Titans Return 2 votes. Hanzo 2 votes (me).
    Worst wolf mode- G1 4 votes (me).

Best tank mode- G1 1 vote (me). Terminus Hexatron 1 vote. Titans Return 2 vote.
    Worst tank mode- Hanzo 4 votes (me).

Best gun mode- G1 2 vote (me). Terminus Hexatron 2 vote.
    Worst gun mode- Hanzo 3 vote (me). G1 1 vote

Best robot mode- Titans return 1 vote. Terminus hexatron 2 vote. Hanzo 1 vote (me).
    Worst robot mode- G1 4 votes (me).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  17. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Clearly energon sixshot is the best

• Like Like x 3
  18. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    What gun mode? I think you guys mean the "upside-down submarine" mode.

Also, I own Fuuma. I don't recommend him to anyone. I still have him because he looks the best of any Sixshot out there and looks great with Carnifex, but I can't transform him into any mode cause the tolerances are junk and fragile. I think I was also the first person on this board that reported the rubber tread breakage issue... I only had him for 3 months at that point and now all of them are broken and I just took them off. Again, makes for a great display piece in bot mode but I cannot in good faith recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    My actual votes

Best Bot, Gun, Tank, Wolf = Hanzo
    Best Car, Jet = G1

Worst Bot, Wolf= Titans Return
    Worst Gun, Tank, Jet, Car = Hexatron.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'm fond of Terminus Hexatron Continuum (I was not a fan of the original deco) because he's got that G1 paint-scheme, head sculpt, bone white plastic and a sturdy as hell build. Also, the figure that got me back into collecting. I was fond of the TR version's design, but not the build quality or lack of paint but I may buy the Takara Legends version at some point. I love Sixshot, probably my second favorite TF design next to Overlord. I feel like the G1 version should not have to compete with its updates, but would say that it's probably the best figure of all of G1.

Best car mode-TR/Legends
    Worst Car mode-Hanzo

Best Jet mode-Hexatron Continuum
    Worst Jet mode-Hanzo

Best wolf mode-Hanzo
    Worst wolf mode-TR/Legends

Best Tank mode-Hanzo
    Worst tank mode--Hexatron Continuum

Best gun mode-TR/Legends
    Worst gun mode--Hanzo

Best robot mode-Hexatron Continuum
    Worst robot mode- TR because of the shoulders, aesthetically speaking he's great. I like all of them in this mode so far.

• Like Like x 1