Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Btw guys, Playmates classic lions are coming to Gamestop but a few bucks more than they were at mass retail last year.
    You can use some of the monsters but the vinyl ones have bare minimum articulation and in any case, they'd only scale well with the Super Minipla.

2. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Oooh .. I have that. :) 

Got it before SoC. Probably wouldn't have now. I need to assemble it sometime.

3. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

They did an 18 inch tall Knifehead as part of the original Pacific Rim toy line. There were a few big figures: Knifehead, Gypsey, Cherno, I dont remember if they got to the Cyclone or the one with the forearm blades.

Screenshot_20190904-182630_Chrome.jpg

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sucks that you have to send one back but damned good thing you bought two.

5. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    you got it, this isn't worth the debate and your not a debator

i def wouldn't pay $100 for Figuarts characters, maybe the DBZ prices of $50-75 for the Pilots, Haggar, Lotor, Zarkon. the space mice would be a pack in with Allura, just like the cat with Haggar, that makes the most sense. as for robeast i'd pay good money for
    [​IMG]
    bcuz it transformed and the winged sabertooth that Keith fought in the black lion

• Like Like x 2
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Do you have a pic of its alt mode?

7. redrum2581

Ebay:
    google is not my friend this time so i couldn't find one so i could be confusing this one with another one

• Like Like x 1
  8. fschuler

It’s called the Red Raptor...still haven’t found a clear pic of the alt mode though...

Red Raptor Robeast

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Honestly, that's the way to be. That's how I was to start with and now it's not a consistent thing but looking at how I lucked out with this SOC replacement it's probably a habit I should get back into.

You're* and you're correct; I'm not your faux definition of what a debater is; I just present factual information and cut off inane rambling vs. any of the tit-for-tat stuff as I did with you here. I'm all for logical conversation but when it gets to where no counterpoints are being made and it gets that semi-personal vibe - I'm out. It's weird.

People on "the internetz" far to often confuse actual debate with verbal shit flinging and not even attempting to show where the other is erroneous. Same way we as a whole have bastardized "scalping" and other legitimate meanings.

---------------------------------

Second SOC Golion reissue should be shipping here soon... the initial thought it keeping it sealed for whatever may come down the line has to go out of the window because I'm thinking it's probably best for business to at least give it a once over and make sure it's good to go. I admittedly have a new respect for listings that say "opened for inspection" typing this.

---------------------------------

Edit: For everyone - My real life best friend collects albeit different toy lines and he always brings up in conversation how he thinks 3D printing is going to become the future of "3rd Party" accessories and figures as the technology becomes more accessible in terms of both monetary and tech-savvy avenues. If it got to the point where let's say we all owned 3D printers like it's a normal thing; would you pay for things like CAD files to create robeasts or would you still prefer to buy them pre-made and distributed in the traditional route?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Those might scale best with the Playmates big Voltrons.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

I’m happy to hear this because I was finally going to buy them but the red and green lions are impossible to get for some reason.

12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I'm still puzzled by how fast the line got cleared out. Hopefully we get an explanation 1 day.

Also surprised none of the big plastic lions ended up at ROSS, Ollie's, TJ Maxx, et al. I've seen the role play weapons and diecast lions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fschuler

Yes. I would be willing to pay for the files to print them at home. I already do this with RC aircraft (3D printed RC aircraft actually fly reliably, believe it or not). I’d love to see SLS and SLA printers become more affordable so higher quality parts could be more readily accessible to home consumers, though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I would go so far as to say that 3D printing is the future of most, if not all manufacturing. Basically, you print what you want yourself based on files you buy or create.

• Like Like x 2
  15. redrum2581

Ebay:
    yeah i may need to just rewatch the episode

i would want my stuff already created. I love to debate, absolutely love to argue and debate, did it in high school on a team, so i know that i can get out of hand, hence my backing off mostly out of having a high respect for you so lets just drop it,

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thank you guys for the further insight. It makes a lot of sense and it looks like you guys are right in line with what he's saying in that the convenience of DIY plays and will continue to play a big role in this. Really hoping that I'm still actively in the hobby when this becomes more accessible and widely utilized.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fschuler

I’m a little surprised more companies aren’t already doing this. Items specifically...and properly...designed for 3D printing can be a joy and a relative breeze to produce. And, I actually can produce decent results on my little home printer. Another bright side is that I can print as many as I want and scale things up or down as I like. The downside, potentially, for the company is that files can be shared, though. It’s Napster all over again...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    The file sharing thing is definitely something I didn't take into account and a great point... hell even with licensing it doesn't stop someone from just printing them for everyone he knows even if he can't share the files themselves. Bleh.

• Like Like x 1
  19. fschuler

I suspect there will need to be some type of security controls put in place to prevent or minimize such things. I know copy protection stuff gets hacked all the time...but I’d be amazed if it isn’t made part of the equation somehow. Maybe you’d have to pull the printing files from their server each time you wish to produce one and are limited in how many or how often you can do so. It will be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Missed the first run due to a family emergency and didn't want to pay aftermarket prices!!!:)  So glad this second run came out!!!:thumb 

[​IMG]SOC GX-71 Reissue! by ricemaster76, on Flickr

• Like Like x 13