Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Villains don't sell to the point where they can tank toy lines.. Same reason 95% of all Megaman Toylines end up being just Megaman.

And I'm not saying this to be negative because I'd absolutely love it put the fanbase by-and-large doesn't put their money where their mouths are when it comes to supporting the production of villains and even side heroes. It's unfortunate.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

I get where your coming from but what good is a hero with out a villian. Even mini robeasts were made for small voltron in the 80s but nothing for large. I remember a combinder robeast from the series that would be cool. I would deffinately buy a Commander Yurak robeast.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thayora

Thayora Well-Known Member

Tumblr:
    Only a few franchises make merchandise of villains. Your only option is really just making a custom

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Zero sold well enough to get 4 variations in the D-arts/SHF line so some side characters do have what it takes, then again Zero might be more than just a side gig depending on your feelings but the money was def there. also if Villians don't sell why do we have ML villans, DC Multiverse, DBZ, TF.....just a few series that villans sell in with no issues and before you say well those aren't collectors, SHF DBZ is imported, and have you seen the price of MP BW Megs ijs

Sigh I see your counter argument and your right, those are established villains vs Voltrons one of killed Robeast move on to the next episode, and that's why I wanted Lotor's ship, he's an established villian he could sell it but yeah your right, there's a fan diff

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  5. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    SOC looks REALLY good...just not standing next to TP. :lol 
    By himself, SOC is just like I remember my Voltron and I love that look...
    until you put him next to TP.:inquisiti 

Hey, maybe TP creators will create Robeasts?:peoples: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. redrum2581

Ebay:
    That's where it gets tricky, bcuz sizing for toys is utterly ******ed. Finding a 12in robeast like figure to start with is rough, goodluck

• Like Like x 1
  7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was just looking at Robeasts on some kind of Voltron wiki...thinking about doing a custom. There are lots of figures out there that could serve as decent starting points.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Repaints aren't indicative of a character selling well at all. It's just cashing in on an already made mold in general. You can still find first release Zeros at retail price from retailers to this day.

I agree with what you're saying as I stated in the comment you quoted but it doesn't negate how things are. It's our fault as a collective for it being this way so it's not like we can just plain blame companies either.

Maybe a suggestion would be to email companies whether it be licensed or third party to suggest it and if enough people do maybe something can happen even if a limited run.

• Like Like x 1
  9. eujin209

eujin209 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm gonna start a custom Robeast soon. I already have a figure in mind to use as the base. Just need to watch some old episodes to build it after.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Playmates made some but playmates played us mates, then bolted. Why they passed up Lotor's mecha is beyond me. I'm surprised Trendmasters(which IMO, made the most commendable attempt at making a post-1980's, expansive Voltron line at mass market retail) didn't venture too far into Robeasts.

This is what I'd want figures of:
    • Prince Sincline
    • Sadak
    • Giant Sadak robeast
    • Honerva
    • Her bastard cat
    • Shorty
    • Lotor's mecha from LD Voltron
    • SPACE MICE
    In a perfect world, Figuarts Space Mice would've been made years ago but all Bandai cares about are the robots. You cannot tell me that an intergalactic baby space mouse that lobs a grenade into an enemy cannon fodder trooper's mouth DOESN'T have mass appeal. Sure the robot kitties get all the fame and glory but the space mice are the underdogs. The true heroes behind the scenes.

I want a chogokin full action space mouse.

• Like Like x 4
  11. redrum2581

Ebay:
    The one I wanted to do a custom Lotor combiner ship wasn't gonna workout bcuz of the size diff, trying to find a 16in base plus being a custom beginner.....

Hence my sigh but no one cared about Zero's first release his X3 look is his best and that and Black, and Zero series all go for a pretty penny one of the reason I stopped collecting the MM Darts/shf and I didnt have the disposable income I have now

I can't wait to see what you come up with

Space mice should've been done, all the major characters should've been done, Trendmaster gave us all 5 pilots, plus all 3 major villains, Playmates pulled a Mattel, showed off Pilot prototypes and never released them beyond the first 3. Playmates had gold though, no way I don't release everyone and try to cut into PR money, heck the way the lightning collection is selling i wish Hasbro would pick up the license

• Like Like x 2
  12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some of them are definitely going to be tougher than others. It's interesting how varied the robeasts are. Many of them look like MOTU characters and a few look like mechs or super robots. Like you said, the toughest part will be finding something in scale.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Nothing here negates what you responded to at all and the Figuarts MMZ in particular can. still be purchased at retail.

Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H. Figuarts Zero Megaman Zero Model Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KY6KAPA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dp7BDb9KVP20D

Ending my portion of whatever this has become with this response.

Have said for years thar Bandai Tamashii should do a figuarts subline dedicated to mecha pilots. Even things like space mice being pack ins throughout the paladins is easy money and incentive to complete.

Hell, I'd pay $100 for a Figuarts Voltron LD Lotor or G.Wing Zechs just for the sake of owning them.

-----------------

Looking at my space I don't know where I can even display all of thosr dairugger vehicles so if anyone is still needing one PM me post release and if I can't make space you can have it at retail cost.

14. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    My GX-71 was supposed to be here Friday, but wasn't.
    Then Saturday, but wasn't.
    Then Tuesday, but wasn't.

Tracking is going in circles. :( 

15. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Assuming you contacted the carrier once it stated getting delayed what'd they say?

16. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Anyone try repurposing Pacific Rim toys as Robeasts?

• Like Like x 3
  17. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the problem with robeasts are that there were none that were formidable. Voltron ended chopping them all up the same way, as far as I can remember anyway. I never rewatched any of the episodes so based solely on what I remember as a kid. Same thing with the Grenizer, Getter Robo, and Mazinger shows. Lots of enemies, none really stuck around. Not to say a few robeasts wouldn’t satisfy the palate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Repurpose Godzilla enemies?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    That's actually a really good point the canon-fodder aspect. For some reason though Scorpius is ingrained into my memory and is the first thing I think about whenever I think of the term Robeasts.