Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    But for a design as simple as Voltron it’s just plain sad. The Megazord and GGG are way more intricate in their combinations and don’t cheat.

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    But they weren't that much cheaper. That was the primary problem.

3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    In my area, it took Target forever to get anything besides the non-convertible figures. When they did, it was the metal box set that sat ($70 was nuts) and then, much later, maybe one case of the 84s showed up on clearance. Never saw the red or green 84. The only modern lion they got was black and I'm convinced it was a packing error with the classic black lion case.

About all Walmart would sell was the individual metal lions. They occasionally would get one or two of the modern lions. Never the black lion, never a set of four limbs.

TRU started like Target, with only the non-convertible toys, but eventually did get the modern box set, days before closing their doors.

Nobody got the classic box set.

All in all, it reminded me of trying to buy RID RailRacer. There was a window of like two weeks and I was always afraid to buy one for fear I'd never find the other two. It was probably 10 years later that I bought the Korean BW2 box set.

4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    sometimes you gotta make that leap and hope, i have this issue with anything combiner wise sold outside of a box set, multiple trips to multiple stores has been the only way to assemble a lot of combiners and BAF pieces, some call this the thrill of the hunt, i call it aggravating

• Like Like x 3
  5. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Historically, anything where I have to buy more than three parts is a no-go. I wasn't too bothered this time because I had the MattyCollector and SOC.

6. redrum2581

Ebay:
    yeah at this point i've lost the that thrill, overprice ebay for my BAF and i bought both Playmates Mordern Voltron and Hyperdrive Voltron off BBTS during this clearance event at the same time that i bought Ultimate EX, just missed out on clearance 30th smmdh lol i did see all of the lions classic and regular as well as 8in enough times that if i had wanted to i could've gotten them, with 1 Target and 4 Wally Worlds in my local area it's not overly hard to find most of what i want

7. AirComm72

AirComm72 Instrument of Destruction

Sideshow Collectibles has GX-88 up for PO ($340) - with flex-pay even. I'd cancel my order at BBTS, but I already have too much on flex at SSC as it is.

8. redrum2581

Ebay:
    What is this flex pay? I'm to lazy to look it up right now while I'm out and about

9. AirComm72

AirComm72 Instrument of Destruction

There's a $34 nonrefundable deposit and then 5 payments of $61 a month. I've been buying statues from them since 2004 but don't recall them selling Bandai SOC before. Although I can't say I've ever checked. They are really getting into everything now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Just got an email from Nippon-Yasan updating the release date for the reissue of the SOC GX-71 Voltron. Won't be long now, boys. Here's a pic of the email;
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. redrum2581

Ebay:
    so prob early Aug for US retailers

12. redrum2581

Ebay:
    grabbed me a 30th Anni Toynami Voltron off the bay for $160 used display, will display this one as lions with the weapons around the 20th on the stand or vice versa not sure, already have the space set aside for the SOC so the display is expanding and growing

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

I am really late to the Chogokin party, but I managed to secure an order for GX-88 (one of the toys that didn't survive my move from Japan when I was kid). I'm hoping I can find a GX-71 order for retail. Is there a chance these sites will have some extra stock when it arrives stateside? Or should I just secure one now from Nippon Yasan at their marked up price?

14. redrum2581

Ebay:
    that's a tough one, though i'm sure some people will let go of their orders because they took on multiples in order to guarantee themselves at least one so there should theoretically be some out there in the wild

15. Hellbot

Yeah, that's the spot I've been stuck in for the past few weeks. Trying to be patient.

16. redrum2581

Ebay:
    Trust i understand patience, it's the hardest thing about this hobby. I'd love for SOC or anyone to take on some of the other vers. of Voltron like
    [​IMG]
    my patience is running thin on Classic after classic after classic, by all means it is the best Voltron but there are some nice variations like the DW, 3D, and CN vers. I'd like to see get some collectors look treatment

• Like Like x 3
  17. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 3 on preorder that I've paid off already. I can let go of one of them for you, so just PM me.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Hellbot

PM sent! Thanks!

19. redrum2581

Ebay:
    Mad reps, this is what the fandom is for to help each other out

• Like Like x 1
  20. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to help out the community. I've got 4 of the GX-88s on order as well and can let 2 go, so if anybody else didn't get one in, I can help you as well.

• Like Like x 1