Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tax hurts, I cancelled my BBTS PO infavor of Toydojo bcuz they're local despite it will cost me more since i have to pay tax but being able to walk in store and grab my items is an awesome feeling

• Like Like x 1
  2. bluevalkyrie

bluevalkyrie timey wimey elevator oscillator

SOC Voltes V, maybe? But I'm not sure I understand the criticism.

3. kj1313

kj1313 Member

I'm just worried about the weight of the figure wearing down the ankle ratchet.

4. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

No Sales tax here in CA from TD. Really wish we had a store like TD here so I could go in and experience that vs ordering online and waiting for the drivers to show up. I miss those days of going into ToysRus and being in awe of the rows and aisles of toys stacked sky high. Now my kids get excited about going to Target and seeing a few aisles of mediocre toys.

• Like Like x 2
  5. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

Yup, will not pay reseller price on eBay.

Thanks guys for this... pre-ordered from EE

Both bbts and EE charges Cali taxes, so I'm SOL either way :-(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

BBTS charges sales tax to CT, but that's due to the law that was passed here. Enjoy "tax free" while you can. In the near future, we'll all be paying taxes at the time of internet purchase.

7. redrum2581

Ebay:
    at this point i get excited to go to Target and Wally and see a few aisles of mediocre toys lol

• Like Like x 4
  8. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I'm out on Dairugger, It is either this or MP-44 for me.

I'm surprised the preorder went to fast at BBTS. Its almost as if Bandai is purposely keeping this low quantity? Maybe scarcity to drive up price?

• Like Like x 1
  9. redrum2581

Ebay:
    anybody have the Bandai Voltron model kit? how's the quality on it? I like the idea that you can build either or

also how is the SD transforming Altimates Voltron form Toynami?

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there was a way to transfer a preorder to another person, that would be great.

However, what would happen is the buyer would end up paying for a 2nd shipping charge and all the paypal fees.

• Like Like x 1
  11. redrum2581

Ebay:
    so you think people wouldn't pay those fees instead of paying $200-500 over retail?

12. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

I got 1 more $50 aj gift card and I'm done paying for mp-44 then I start payin off VV from American amazon. I had to decide not to get Omega supreme to get VV.

13. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

We will also find out in a month or two, how many people back out of there GX-71 preorder, or how low the price drops on ebay.

14. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

I got it for Christmas, and its decent quality as I'd expect from a Bandai model, but nowhere near an MG gundam. Having done mostly MG models before, I was a little disappointed by a few things, but it's a nice kit. I'd expected a little more as it's close to the price of a few MG kits.

Couple of complaints I had were that a lot of the finer details were stickers as opposed to parts, and the legs for the lions have hollows on the inside space. I think Bandai could have upped the parts count to add a bit more detail without raising the cost (things like color accents on the lion, etc). Transformation requires taking about the lions heads and legs and replacing them with new heads and leg covers (I tried forming him with the legs still on the lions, but there isn't enough clearance to allow it). You do end up with a box of option/weapon parts in either mode, but that's kind of standard with a lot of models nowadays. It's a nice little kit though. I'd recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some people on this site can be extremely cheap. Back when TRU had Animated Arcee and it was super rare, I picked one up and offered it to fans in Canada. I wasn't making a penny profit. I broke down the whole cost to ship. Item, tax, shipping cost, paypal fees. Several interested people kept insisting the shipping was WAY lower then the prices I was getting from the post office so they didn't want to pay the cost. No matter what I put in, it was always higher then the post office prices. I would be giving it away practically. Needless to say, I just returned it to the store.

• Like Like x 3
  16. redrum2581

Ebay:
    thanks for the info, i'm not a fan of stickers, i didn't even put the lego stickers on

• Like Like x 1
  17. redrum2581

Ebay:
    i can respect that and i def understand that dilema, i def think though that in this case aftermarket price might make it worth peoples desire to pay a few more bucks over retail to get it

18. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they get more. Even TFsource was out of stock. I have admit this thing is amazing.

19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I love stickers! That was my favorite part about getting a TF back in the day. I got the Voltron model kit last Christmas and I'll echo pretty much everything @slideshot had to say about it. It is fun and super posable, but a bit overpriced. The stickers look good and are very precise, in my opinion, but they take some patience to apply accurately. If you are at all familiar with Gundam building, this guy will be a breeze.

• Like Like x 1
  20. redrum2581

Ebay:
    built a few MG and 1 PG and then sold and gave away another PG, but i've built lots of Zoids moderized and HMM. The build isn't an issue at all but man stickers are the bane of my existence. I can count on 1 hand how many times i've applied stickers, um Alt Jazz, Alternity UM into Jazz well damn that's all i can think of

• Like Like x 1