Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Haven't run across that issue with mine yet...

2. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are people who actual use the sound feature? I thought your kind was a myth.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I found the sound feature was wonky on the LD voltron too. Especially with the legs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steam235

steam235 Well-Known Member

Yes, mine and some I've seen in reviewer videos, have trigger happy connection sensors, so when you move an arm or leg it thinks you just connected it and you get the entire connection sequence again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gummi

gummi Active Member

I have the same issue mainly with the red lion. I also figured the problem was with the black lion, so I bought a replacement, only to find that it did the same thing. I compared the connection posts on the shoulders of both the red and green lion and they appear to be exactly the same length, but there is definitely a little more inward/outward play with the red lion. The green lion will also occasionally exhibit the same behavior, but not during normal use, only when you pull outward with some force. I suppose there could have been a specific lot of black lions produced with the same issue, but it's really not worth it to me to keep exchanging it. It's a display piece and I won't be keeping the batteries in it, so the sound is a novelty that will never be used anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't want any hate mail when I ask this but how would anyone feel about a Vehicles Force Voltron revival?(puts right hand in front to ward off death). I have the Matchbox one back in 1984. The big one. It was cool but the plastic they used was crappy. It broke pretty easy. I wouldn't mind an updated one. Again my 2 cents.

7. locidm

locidm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just noticed amazon finally has the playmate classic Voltron in stock. It’s a couple bucks more than target but no need to spend time hunting! I don’t have much time and the few weekend grocery trips to target yielded me with four of five lions missing the red. So it’s a huge relief that I don’t need to go hunt it down.

8. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like a Vehicle Voltron is a must at some point. I was never a fan of it as a kid (a feeling that was shared by everyone I grew up with) but I've come to appreciate it more as an adult and it's part of the mythos so no Voltron related collection is "truly" complete without it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Agreed. Don't really care for the show but the toy I had (a smaller non-combining one) is remembered fondly.

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only had the LJN motorized lions. As I said I did have the big VF Voltron. I wouldn't mind an update along the lines of the DreamWorks Voltron.

11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I might be a bigger fan of the Vehicle Voltron toy than the Lion Voltron toy. I would love to see a new one. I had the huge Matchbox version as well, years ago...brittle plastic and all...he deserves a modern update.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Same here, I recently started rewatching it - it's definitely more complex - which is probably why it didn't appeal to more kids. I love that it's essentially Star Trek with a giant robot at their disposal.

13. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Growing up the only Voltron toy I had was the small 5-6” die cast lions that had a watch in the center. It’s hard to remember what it looked like exactly but I remember the black lion was molded a little different. It did combine, and the individual lions were articulated. Does anyone remember this?

I am more familiar with the vehicle Volton toy as that’s the one I’ve had for most of my life. Never owned a complete lion Voltron until this year. I had the panosh palace blue lion but I don’t count that really. I do have another vintage boxed ko blue lion, it was always my favorite.
    Has their been a SOC update of the vehicle Voltron?

14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think there is an SOC version...but there is this: Vehicle Voltron

15. dahvoo

dahvoo New Member

Yep, I picked up a replacement Black Lion and testing red lion on it (without taking it out of it's zip tie prison) and has the same issue, so just going to return second Black Lion and keep the original set.

I agree it is the pegs in Black Lion's shoulders which seem to be a few millimeter short. I stuck a small wedge of cardboard on each one before attaching the red and green lions, and presto, I get all the correct sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Thanks for that. I’ve seen that around before. It looks as though the quality isn’t quite there. Im still hoping for a SOC release in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how this happened, but I was actually exposed to Vehicle Voltron first.
    My cousin and I watched Vehicle Voltron for several weeks after school before we saw our first episode of Lion Voltron (and it was the first episode, too.)
    So I would be totally down with Playmates making an OG Vehicle Voltron but I doubt they will do it.

I'd like for the Vehicle Voltron to show up in the current show, but I'd really rather have it be a collection of spaceships than a team of Land, Sea and Air.
    As silly as the Netflix Voltron show can be, I think it would be too silly to see submarines in the water come out and fly, or cars driving around on the ground until they just decide to fly instead.

18. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    The only thing I remember about Vehicle Voltron was that they seemed to talk about needing more food in a lot of the episodes.

How do you go about watching it now? Does anyone stream it?

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't heard of it being streamed anywhere. The whole series is out on DVD.

20. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It used to be on Netflix years ago.
    Not anymore.