Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Is it worse than trying to get something from HTS in the 5 minutes it's in stock? :)  Expensive I can deal with, having to hit submit in a 5 minute window or miss out I can't.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes.

3. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Sigh...oh well here's hoping they weren't lying about the retail distribution...

4. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    it will be especially annoying if one particular lion sells out super fast and then you cant form voltron..

5. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    I seriously won't even tempt fate. If it's even possible that I won't be able to complete the set I won't start on it. I'll wait for retail or for it to be sold as a complete set. Seems dumb to spend all that cash on development to not sell as many as possible due to crappy availability.

6. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    well they did tell me thew classics stuff would possibly come to retail after the new show stuff, but not sure if it would be this same huge voltron figure, probably not.

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I don't get why they don't just simultaneously solicit it in Previews. It would be sooo much easier for them to hit local comic shops if htey didn't think the mass retail could support them...I'd LOVE to be able to stock their lines rather than fight the crazy scalper crowd clicking madly :p 

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't wait for pictures of this.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Exactly my thinking.

I'm hoping the BBTS markup isn't too bad since I'm sure I'll miss at least one lion while trying to decipher their captchas during checkout.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Huge figure needs box set plz

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes...

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'll vote for a box set option as well. Buying one lion per month is easier to afford, but slowly building Voltron over a period of 5 or 6 months sounds like it would drive me insane. Of course if there is a box set it may not come until after the individual releases, at which point I would have been driven insane by holding off for that long and drooling over photos.

Simply put, this new Voltron will drive me insane no matter what. :p 

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not even going to bother with that thing. Too expensive, and not worth the hassle of ever having to deal with Mattie Collector. Besides, I'm more interested in the new designs. I've been wanting Voltron to get a good update for a long time.

14. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Me too. I'm buying this regardless of how it's sold.

15. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    I would absolutely shell out for a set, but I can't see putting myself through trying to fight the scalper hordes every month with my complete Voltron hanging in the balance. Just the thought of missing one piece(or more) and then having to pay super scalper prices to get a complete Voltron gives me the heebie jeebies. Now if mattycollector would put a one per customer limit up I might be more willing to try, but they never have and I doubt they ever will. Here's hoping for a straight retail release sometime.

16. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    2-3 Foot Voltron? Damn, how big is Black Lion going to be. And what about the pilots. Could they possibly be 3 3/4" figures?

And $30 for die-cast lions and pilots seem like a steal to me. Didn't Mattel sell Battlecat for $30? And he didn't come with anything. I'm a little skeptical but hey if they can pull it off, I ain't gonna complain.

17. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd probably prefer a box set but would hope that it wouldn't be too hard to find individual lions. I'd imagine they'd get decent distribution since they wouldn't have to worry about messing up case ratios. The only issue would be if the toys totally sucked and no one was interested in them after the fact.

So are all the lions going to be $30? I find this hard to believe or we are going to seriously be overpaying for the non-black lions since all the limbs are significantly smaller.

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Maybe the whole thing will be a straight up re-issue of the big crappy Panosh Place toy with its oversized arms. :lol 

Maybe it's too many years of Japanese Robut buying talking, but $30 each does sound alarmingly cheap to me - especially given the proposed size. That's not much more than a He-Man figure, and those things don't have to transform. And maybe to make up for the size differences the arm lions will come with the bulk of the accessories.

19. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't talking in terms of it being too expensive. I meant that $30 for the big body black lion and $30 for a small red lion arm doesn't seem right to me unless the smaller lions come with a TON of accessories. A TON OF ACCESSORIES.

Otherwise a $30 pricepoint doesn't necessarily sound horrible. This will have a TV show to support it and it'll be at mass retail unlike MOTUC Battle Cat.

20. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Will only be available on mattycollector. There was some hint that maybe it may see mass retail once the line for the show gets going but no confirmation.