Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Actually it would be great if somebody would 3D model a part that the pre-existing wings could detach from Voltron and plug into, with a handle molded onto that part, that would allow Voltron to hold it. Basically take the back ports that each wing plugs into, and model the 3D printed part from that- make it 2 sided with a handle sticking out from the middle- then you could detach his wings and plug them into that part- just like he does in the show. It wouldn't be 100% accurate, but it would still be neat if that part existed- but I don't have a 3d printer so I don't know how to make it.

2. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

I just received an email from bbts saying soc voltron will be in their facilities in 10 business days! I can't wait! ... now if they would only ship my Ultimate EX! It's been in their "warehouse " for four days now, ship it already lol.

I'm also seeing that the legendary lions 4 pack is on preorder along with legendary black lion. I'm guessing they sold out and are waiting on another shipment? I ordered through them and received my order a couple days after Christmas. I guess they are selling well.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  3. Pudglor Shmormuff

I took the last Black Lion....sorry. LOL

4. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

It's cool. Like I said I preordered this in December and received all 5 lions shortly after Christmas. They are again doing a preorder so I'm guessing they are selling well or they had very limited stock.

I was able to get collectors grade on my black lion. Was that an option for you? I love the LD packaging also it comes in the standard cardboard box it has the voltron logo on the outside which I thought was cool. I'm really into packaging details, box art etc.

5. Pudglor Shmormuff

Even if it was an option, I never keep my boxes- so I could care less.

6. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

you mean you couldn't care less. if you could care less, then you care at least a little :)  :confused2 

7. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The biggest issue you'd be dealing with is tolerance. The 3d printing isnt going to be 100% accurate, so making it fit the existing wings is much more trickier than just making a new shield.

8. Pudglor Shmormuff

Ah- right- thank you. Damn, it's like I'm talking to myself with you- I correct the grammar of people all the time (part of my OCD nightmare), but thanks though- I appreciate the correction. ^_^

9. Pudglor Shmormuff

Well, really we would just need a double-sided piece with a handle or some sort of adapter piece attached to it, so Voltron could hold it- and the wings would plug into each side of it. It would be possible to make, especially if somebody can make it out of metal- that'd be awesome.

10. h82blat

h82blat Well-Known Member

If you do, please add it to thingyverse.com for others to print as well. Thank you

11. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

Haha sorry it was mostly tongue-in-cheek. I'm glad you weren't offended.

12. Pudglor Shmormuff

Dude- with a wife, house, bills, taxes, job, and school on top of that: I don't have it in me anymore to get seriously pissed at strangers on the internet. I'm bending over with my balls in a knot already as it is- I can't even remember the last time I got in a real argument with somebody on facebook. lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    May I make a suggestion instead for an accurate shield for Voltron why not use parts of his wings and the shield that is attached to Green Lion and add something to bind that altogether to create a new shield for Voltron.

14. h82blat

h82blat Well-Known Member

Got the first Voltron Robeast ever made (that I know about). He's great, but small.

IMG_20170106_151348.jpg

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's funny because when I first watched the show, I could have sworn that's what it did, and that's why Pidge's lion had the shoulder sheild. But nope, the sheild is just part of the green lion's design.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

I hear you about internet fights. I'm sailing in the same boat at you plus two kids, two dogs, three cats. Also, getting older most of us just calm down and relax more (close to 40; yikes).

We don't have time + energy to waste on nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pudglor Shmormuff

I have an idea I'm going to try when I get home: Instead of using the same pieces that plug into Voltron's back to create the shield, why not try to use the screw holes and some extra parts to connect the wings and form a shield that way? I have plenty of transformer accessories, I bet I can make it work. I don't think I'll be able to make Voltron hold it in his hands, but maybe I can plug it onto his forearm somehow.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Another positive Ultimate Voltron review:

Am I the only one in the world that knows that the unpainted black lion eyes are accurate? Do any of these reviewers have the box on hand? :lol 

19. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Went to Walmart today and picked up the four limb Lions. These things are really big in person, bigger than I thought (and not at all a bad thing!)

I'm loving them for the most part, not a huge fan of the spring loaded mouths, it makes sense on Red Lion to hold the sword, but the others it seems sorta pointless. Beyond that though, they're pretty awesome. Chunky, full of ratchets and without a doubt meant to take a beating, these guys are going to do well in my collection.

Now I just need to find a Black Lion...

20. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Here is a thought/question to those EX owners and those concerned about his loose ball joints (hips).

Would it be feasible to tighten those joints with a mod? Such as adding clear nail polish or some thin material over the joint to create more friction and to hold onto better.

Would this mod even be needed? Do you feel the joints are fine as is? Or do you think that with the weight of the legs this mod wouldn't even be worth doing?