Voltron Masterpeice

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Golden Age, Jan 4, 2006.

1. -Raiden-

-Raiden- New Member

Although the price is a bit steep, and the new figure is somewhat skinny, I think the articulation is very nice and the figure looks good. The old model may look heftier by comparison, but it is as stiff as a G1 transformer, and just not very articulate.

I think I'll try to get the new one, since owning a Voltron is something I always wanted.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Considering I've paid just as much for sets twice as small. Yes he was definitely worth it. Not regretting purchasing it at all and It was a nailbiting experience when deciding to buy it.
    It's also quite justifying and refreshing after spending $150plus on classic brickformers.
    The set is heavy and the box alone is so nice and sturdy it has alot of weight on it's own.
    Both figure and box make for a beautiful display.
    Only thing bugging me about it the black lions rear legs are a little long and hard to pose, but that's just nitpicking on the only little flaw I can find. Oh and he tends to fall foward like a rag doll if you try and do a uber pose.
    His legs stay on fine as long as you have the peg (on the leg) in the hole on the the swiveling piece. The arms lock and click in nicely, a little tricky at first but not really.
    The bodies are completely die cast. The heads, tails, and legs are made of highs quality plastic. The legs are even attached by some sort of ball joint, but the bodies limit most of it's momements so they pretty much just go up and down. The knees and ankles on all cats are hinged for movement. The tails on the 4 smaller cats tuck away inside the body. The midsection of the arm cats have 2 points of 360degree rotation along with a hinge in the center.
    Impressive and awesome.

3. Chaos Muffin

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the pics, CM! :rock 

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's pretty hot. However, I'm happy that I've got that Toys 'R' Us rerelease they did a few years back. I don't see much reason to get the uber-articulated one when I've got that one.

6. Chaos Muffin

This one?
    [​IMG]

It's a pretty slick set. Besides MP it's the one Id prefer for nostalgia reasons. (over the rest)

7. Chaos Muffin

2more

In package
    [​IMG]

w/Prime
    [​IMG]

8. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Chaos Muffin = Toy stud! Thanks for the pics!

9. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

I'm so cheap, I'm going to wait for the movie version or some other incredibly cheap version.

Is there a KO?

10. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    Curse you CM and your snazzy Pics! Drat I want this guy now but Primus is right around the corner and I was going to get MP Exkaiser.

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    That's the second one they did in 97-98

The first one was a reissue of the Matchbox one from 84, it was ok but had some pretty bad QC issues. The second one (the one you pictured) is all plastic , has small pilots for the lions and all but the black lion has friction motor wheels.

I have both, but back in the day I bought a second Black Lion (The plastic ones were carded as well) and put the head from that on my Die-Cast Black Lion to solve the Voltron Mode Head ear problem on it.

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Okay I did it I bought a MP Voltron. He will arrive next week will post pics when he arrives.

13. Chaos Muffin

Hell yeah kenm!! Now you too will witness his awesomeness! :rock 

luffy- I was going through the same thing with Exkaiser, could'nt decide which one to get. So I went with the one with the better box mockup. Exkaiser's still looking tempting though.

Shin- That sounds like a cool swap. Sometimes you have to get more than one version just to create the perfect version , from the imperfects.
    The set I have would be alot cooler if they were die cast. Need to track down the Matchbox version. Will also probably go through the same adjustments hehe

14. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

My absolute favorite part about the original was the way Blue and Yellow Lions' shoulders retracted and expanded when moving from Kitty to Leg modes (made leg mode a bit slimmer, and gave the lions more width across the shoulders). It was a clever, expertly designed little detail. Does the MP version do that? If so, I may have to consider snagging one.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah me too lol

16. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am really excited about Buying MP Voltron I cant wait for him to arrive this week. Thanx for the Pics CM those are what made up my mind Thanx. Now we need the Space Force Voltron. :rock  :thumbs2: 

17. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    Well if your interested Supercow Imports has the best price for him. Anyway I'm just wondering how much of him is Diecast and how much is plastic.

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chaos - cool pictures but how's the chrome on him? I'm not an expert on chrome but is it the type that fades easily?

19. Chaos Muffin

Not really sure about the chrome. It looks great and feels thick and don't really see it fading. It reminds me of the chrome on the Takara G1 Megatron reissue.
    Had Megs for a few years, even fiddled with his gun mode a whole lot and no sign of chrome fading at all. Should be all good and fade free as long as there's no toxins in your skin when you fool with it. Fingerprint show up too well though.

Thanks for the info luffy. The bodies for each cat are pure die cast. The limbs, head, tails, wings & weapons are high quality plastic

I need to thank Golden Age , if it was'nt for him I would've never bought him.
    So thanks GA for all the info.

20. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    Well I took the plunge and bought him from Yes Animation. They seem to have the best deal on him. They're where I bought my GGG figure from so their trustworthy.