Voices in '07

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sawwheeler, Jun 1, 2014.

1. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

I know this forum is currently all about AOE but however, I would just like to throw us back to '07 for a moment, I just finished watching it and I noticed one major thing. Primes voice, Starscreams voice, and Megatrons voice in '07 are drastically different then the way they sounded in ROTF and DOTM. It was kind of bothering. Prime sounded like he was always pissed. Starscream and Megatron were kind of whatever...but was I the only one to notice this?

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved Megs and Screamers voices more in the first movie. Way more evil and mechanical.

3. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

The effects applied to Megatron and Starscream's voices were different in the first film.

For Prime....I don't really hear much difference. I do wish Cullen would maybe use a very slightly higher pitch because as things stand, you can tell he's stretching to talk as low as he is. He'd have more vocal performance range if he weren't trying to use such a deep voice. It's deeper than the G1 voice that he's copying anyways...

4. sawwheeler

He voiced Prime with a much deeper and more angrier sounding voice in '07, That's what bothered me.

5. Ring3r

I never felt that Megatron's voice was particularly good in any of them. The performance itself was ok - I just think that it could have been better. I know I'll catch a lot of flak, but somebody like Jeremy Irons would make a better Megatron...better even than Welker IMHO.

But yeah, Starscream sounded way better in movie 1.

6. Ring3r

I dunno, I just watched the first two films this week during workout and I didn't really hear much difference in his performance. He sounded pretty darn angry during the forest battle...lol

7. sawwheeler

The movie Starscream bothered me, he was sooo far off from all of his other counterparts. He was loyal to Megatron instead of wanting to usurp him..

8. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't know how to explain this but in the '07 movie I found Prime's voice, compared with ROTF and DOTM, to sound very 'recorded'. It sounds dumb, but listening to it you can really tell it's been put over the film. If you know what I mean.....?

9. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    The 2007 Voices were very Spot On. I Loved Hugo Weaving's Rendition of Megatron. Though Charlie Adler did use one Hell of a Filter for Starscream. It's Like a Frank Welker Impression. Jess Harnell was very Menacing as Barricade. Those Lines.

It does However It does kinda suck that I Have'nt watch the first Movie in a Long Time.

10. sawwheeler

I've been watching all of them while I wait for AOE

11. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Oh Nice. Maybe I'll Just Marathon the first three on the week when AOE Comes Out.

12. sawwheeler

I'll probably watch all three over and over until AOE comes out, I've already watched them all like twice already.