Voice Actor Wishlist for the New TFCU

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lovecraft, May 1, 2019.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Fresh Marvel G1 Fan

Any voices celebrity or industry welcome. Whether it's just an actor or a specific character/voice line up.

John Goodman did some good work as Bulkhead....I mean Hound. But the whole time he was doing that role I couldn't help but feel like he'd make a really good G1 style Ironhide. I think they oughta keep him on the payroll for that very reason in Bumblebee 2.

I honestly don't feel like any voices are set in stone for the cameo characters from BB. I think it'd be great if Sue Blu and Jeffery Combs got to reprise Arcee and Ratchet, and I personally believe that Steve Blum oughta be THE default Starscream unless he's absolutely unavailable or unafforable.

I wanna see Mark Hammil take on a meaty character, whether it be Bot or Con.

I think he could do a good Marvel Shockwave or a particularly good Wheeljack.

If Bee gets his voice back I'm not married to the guy from BB. I'd like to see Will Frielde have another crack at it, or another Autobot car.

Soundwave whether its Jon Bailey or not should keep the G1 style voice. I think the cassettes should talk and Ravage should be Russian and Laserbeak should talk like DOTM and Danny DeVito should voice Rumble and/or Frenzy.

Megatron I would be fine with Frank Welker but I would die happy if David Kaye ever got to do his Megatron on the big screen.

He could even do the voice for an opposing General to Megatron like Straxus.

In the bizzaro world where Sky-Byte makes it into the new TFCU, I think they should have a goofy musician or comedian voice him. Childish Gambino, Chance the Rapper, Bill Burr, Trevor Noah, or Gabriel Iglesias could all potentially do their own "thing" with the concept.

Or if I had to pick an industry actor for Sky-Byte, John DiMaggio or David Kaye.

2. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

You didn't know you needed this: Peter Weller as Ultra Magnus

• Like Like x 8
  3. Lovecraft

Nice call!

I've been reading Marvel UK stuff and I'm telling you I need Ultra Magnus to make a triumphant return to the big screen any way I can get it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Actually, I knew I needed that some time ago. But I digress. :D 
    Frankly, I'd be happy with just anyone who could do a decent job voicing a BB version of any TF character. Much as I'd love to hear Daran Norris and Kevin Michael Richardson and Constance Zimmer voice BB versions of Knock Out and Bulkhead and Strongarm respectively, I wouldn't necessarily be STUCK to those voice actors specifically. Which brings up another thing: I'd also be content to see more post-G1 characters show up in the movies.
    Hell, for that matter, if they ever get around to it, I'm not even stuck on keeping Cullen and Welker around for all eternity, either (like, say, via more sound-alikes)...ESPECIALLY if we ever get to their characters' eventual brand-obligated deaths and rebirths. If they pull another Death and Return of Optimus Prime on us, I don't wanna see Optimus just come back like somebody just threw a switch inside him and he's just wearing different truck parts - regenerate him entirely, inside and out. Sunbow Megatron got Unicronned from a handgun voiced by Welker to a purple/orange cannon-tank-thing voiced by Mr. Spock; I wanna see Cullen's cabover get Vector-Sigma'ed into a Galaxy Force-issue flying fire truck - Chalk optional, but I wouldn't be opposed.

5. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Autobots
    Bruce Campbell Optimus
    Jeff Goldblum Bumblebee
    Kurt Fuller Ratchet
    Kevin Hart Jazz

Decepticons
    Ron Perlman Megatron
    Steven Ogg Starscream
    Curtis Armstong Shockwave
    Sam L Jackson Soundwave

• Like Like x 2
  6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keith David as Unicron... or Liege Maximo...

(more ideas may come later)

jD001

7. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

Whoever did Shockwave in Bumblebee should be allowed to keep doing it (he also did Soundwave). That was dead-on, David Warner-esque, G1 perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That would be John Bailey IIRC, and yes he should. It was spot-on.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

Those 2 minutes or so at the beginning are my favorite part of any Transformers movie since the 1980s (I doubt I'm alone in this) and even though Soundwave and Optimus are my favorite characters (again, I'm on big bandwagons I'm sure), that one line by Shockwave might be my favorite part. I couldn't believe they went through the trouble of mimicking David Warner's voice for Shockwave. That's as G1 as you get.

10. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Chris Pratt as Bumblebee. I think it would be a good fit after his work in the Lego movie.
    Vin Diesel also needs a role, but I'm trying to think of who...

• Like Like x 2
  11. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Troy Baker as Jazz.

12. Lovecraft

Vin Diesel deserves a VA role that let's him actually speak in sentences. Some kind of big bruiser. Omega Supreme or maybe Overlord.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

I feel like Robert Downey Jr. could play a charismatic and charming character perfectly, but I don't know exactly who...

Chris Evans as Orion Pax seems like a nice fit.
    Nathan Fillion as Nightbeat
    Scarlet Johanson for Windblade
    Dave Bautista as...Whirl?

14. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'm not very good when it comes to celebrity castings, but Idris Elba could probably do a great Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nope

Nope nightscream likes EXTRA ketchup on his fries

News Credits:
    botanica lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I don't have a huge preference, as long as the voices are professional-sounding (no amateur-sounding voices like Cyberverse). I actually wouldn't mind them going with lesser-known voices, not big celebrities. I've never quite gotten why they use people like Hugo Weaving for Megatron. It just cuts into money that could be devoted to more robot screentime.

17. Lovecraft

The budgeting issue is true but some of the 'industry big shots' for VA work charge pretty much the same as a 'celebrity actor'.

Frank Welker, Steve Blum, John DiMaggio, Tom Kenny, etc. Those guys are the real gangsters lmao.

I also enjoy things like John Goodman or Angela Bassett voicing a Transformer in the movies since a lot of these celebrity stars put in some honest good work, and Hollywood movies is the only place we'll ever see that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

I want Gray Chalk or David Kaye to come back in some role whether as prime and megatron or new roles. I think they would be great voice actors for the movies.

19. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Christopher Loyd Wheeljack

20. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Patrick Stewart as Megatron.

• Like Like x 2