Voice Actor Cast List

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by llamatron, Jun 13, 2007.

1. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sooooooooo......no-one famous except for Hugo.......

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very weird how the only huge star is Hugo. I really will miss Keith David from the film if he's truly not in there.

3. pdxtrojan

pdxtrojan Well-Known Member

You've seen the movie, then? Disappointing to hear about the bad execution. :(  Did anything else seem poorly executed on the big screen?

4. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Wakko from Animaniacs!

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Was done by a guy from The Show Remember WENN> Can't remember his name though.

6. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's funny because he hasn't seen it.

Thankfully, the guy who posted all this has.Source here, mad props to the dude.

7. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

ok,i was a bit hasty,and i do appreciate being called on it-i have a problem with that.

but,since this news is contrary to at least 2 other reports and was submitted anonymously,i'll just say that i'll see the film before judging.however,i will be the first to call out whoever posted this originally if it's inaccurate...

8. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    first no frank welker... and now no keith david... i'm not happy

9. pdxtrojan

pdxtrojan Well-Known Member

Just curious, but when's the last time you heard Darius McCrary speak? And was it within the context of voicing an alien robot that transforms into a car?

I of course don't mean to sound insolent, but it seems a lot of people are getting worked up over information that in my estimation sheds very little light on the finished product itself (other than Cullen--we know what he sounds like). McCrary, for instance, sounds nothing like a pipsqueak in real life, and I doubt he'll deliberately modify his voice to such effect even if people feel Jazz is, in visual form, a pipsqueak. McCrary's played Muhammad Ali on the small screen before, so I'm confident he'll relay some element of machismo and charisma in voicing Jazz. And brother can sing, too! And really, would a derivative of this be all that bad an interpretation of Jazz?

The temptation seems to be in comparing the voice actor names with prior roles and anticipating their Transformer voices to be facsimiles or direct offshoots thereof. Lest we forget, these are voice actors, are they not? Let me posit it like this: When Prime's kicking Decepticon butt and waxing heroic about it in reruns of the 80's cartoon, do we all have razor blades near our wrists at the ready because he reminds us so much of Eeyore?

10. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    griffin don't know that IMDB isn't accurate

11. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  I'd love to hear that from Ironhide.

12. Barricade

Barricade Frenzy is in my pants.

The KD thing sucks ass. It was one of the best things about the movie, IMHO. Booo.

13. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    Dan Gilvezan shoulda done bumblebee

14. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    The source was only anonymous because llamatron got to post it here before I got back home to do it myself, and he didn't think I'd want this leaked out due to my source. My source is Paramount's Press book (131 pages, given out at the press conference), which does have some minor factual errors in other parts of the book, but I would expect that the ten pages of bios on just the voice cast wouldn't have been done if they didn't have the right people.

Yeah, I know that their info is submitted by unofficial sources, but after the movie is released, I'd expect that their cast listing would be fairly accurate.

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I am still holding out for Keith David. I can't help but notice in the listing for Jess is one right after another. I could very much see that it had been a mistake. Why would Keith not be mentioned in the bios? Well, if they did that later, then they wouldn't have a bio for someone who wasn't in the cast, would they? I am not saying that DID happen. It may be completely true but I am going to wait and see.

I am really stubborn.

16. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

Jess Harnell is good. His most noted character is Wacko Warner on Animaniacs. He has good vocal range. I'm looking forward to how he does Ironhide.

Charles Adler as Starscream, not what I expected.

17. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Just going by the Press book, so it's an error on the part of Paramount if that isn't correct. I can't remember off hand if there was two characters with the same VA in the credits, but the various names on the list made me recall seeing most of them on the movie credits the night before.
    Oh, and the list I did up that llamatron pasted here, was not how they were in the Press book. It was a ten page section on the Voice Actors, with each one listed with their character/s and a bio of their work.
    Considering how little the Decepticons say in the Movie, I was actually surprised that they bothered to have individual people in for most of them.
    Megatron says the most, even if it is only in the second half of the movie, Frenzy does a heap of noises and Cybertronian speaking, Barricade is probably next with about 5/6 lines, Starscream has a couple of lines, and the rest say one line each (that I remember). I would probably expect that the one who did Bonecrusher's line, did Brawl and Blackout as well.

(Shortened) Voice Actor Bios from the Press Book:

Peter Cullen (Optimus) - Various original series Transformers character voices, Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh), KARR (Knight Rider), Venger (Dungeons & Dragons), Narrator (Voltron), and a number of other animated shows. Provided the voice of the Ape in the King Kong remake, alien noises in Predator movies, and Gremlins movie. Born in Montreal, Quebec. Early years as a radio announcer.

Hugo Weaving (Megatron) - Small example of roles: Lord of the Rings, Matrix films, V for Vendetta, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Babe, Happy Feet.
    Won 2 Australian Film Institute Awards for Best Actor. Born in Nigeria, raised in England and Australia.

Mark Ryan (Bumblebee) - theatre productions Evita, Elmer Gantry, Guys and Dolls, Marriage of Figaro and appearances on shows like Frazier, Alias, General Hospital, JAG, The Bill. A 30 year career in all aspects of film and television, and theatre.
    He had the role of reading out the on-set robot dialogue before the voice cast was chosen, and ended up landing Bumblebee. He also voices Ironhide and Hoist in the Movie computer Game.

Jess Harnell (Ironhide/Barricade) - TV show announcer in America, promos and TV commercials, and guest spots on cartoons like Simpsons and Rugrats, Captain Hero in Drawn Together. Voice credits include recent TMNT movie, Cars, Over the Hedge, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, A Bugs Life.
    Variety named him as one of the top ten voice actors and is a multi Emmy award winner.
    Born on the East Coast of America, has a background as a rock singer.

Robert Foxworth (Ratchet) - Numerous Theatre productions including Julius Ceaser, Henry V, The Crucible, Cyrano, TV series Law & Order, Enterprise, Justice League, Six Feet Under, Boston Legal, Bones, West Wing, Gilmore Girls.
    Fouding Member of the Matrix Theatre Company.

Jimmie Wood (Bonecrusher) - Musician, singer, and actor. Front man to his band 'Imperial Crowns', has sung and played harmonica in movie scores and commercials. Done voices in Rugrats, Real Monsters, Wild Thornberrys.

Darius McCrary (Autobot Jazz) - played Eddie Winslow in 'Family Matters', and other TV shows Eve and Committed. Movies include Mississippi Burning and 15 Minutes. Is a songwriter and music producer.

Charlie Adler (Starscream) - An Emmy Award winning director, he voice directed Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, Stripperella. Has lent his voice in over 90 animated series, including Tiny Toon Adventures, Real Monsters, Cow & Chicken, Smurfs, GI Joe, **Original Transformers cartoon** (as Silverbolt, Triggerhappy, Duros, Vorath, Dirk Mannis).
    One of the top 13 all time voice over artists by Animation Magazine, and Voice of the Decade by Animation World News.
    Has also directed, written and starred in films and TV episodes, plus starred in theatre productions. Also starred in over 100 TV commercials for a number of big brands.

Reno Wilson (Decepticon Frenzy) - mostly on the small screen (TV), with first role being on the Cosby Show as Theo's best friend. Has guest starred in shows like Las Vegas, Touched by an Angel, NYPD Blue, Chicago Hope, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Heist, Blind Justice, and starred in a number of films and TV movies.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    A friend of mine went and said Megatron does speak english.

Because licensing deals with major corporations aren't easy or simple.

There's alot for the car manufacturers to consider, including how much support they will give to the movie (providing cars, advertising and promotion), IF they want to associate themselves with such a property. Each company has an image to maintain and shareholders to answer to, and that's why you will probably never see prestigious companies like Ferrari associate themselves officially with something as lowbrow (in their eyes) as Transformers. Hell, Nevermore told us that Porsche in Germany responded that they didn't believe Transformers deserve their license.

Let's not forget the hoops Hasbro and Takara jumped through to just get toys made. Getting low-profile collector toys that have little to no fiction that could potentially embarass the associated car manufacturers is easy compared to getting them to go all the way (so to speak) with a high-profile movie.

So, presumably, only GM were willing to 'go all the way' in cooperating and involving themselves with this movie.

Nah he hasn't.

19. Malaktha

Malaktha Active Member

Um Darius McKray wasn't URKEL he didn't say those lines and it's silly to type cast the actor because of who he starred with. it's like saying Megatron is going to go around calling starscream Mr. Frodo and singing the praises of potatoes because Hugo Weaving starred with Sean Astin in LOTR.

20. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Hmmm...two things to note:

-Blackout, Brawl and Scorponok are missing. Scorpy I can see, but what about the other two?
    -I thought BB was mute. Why does he get a voice actor?