Viz Media Announces Transformers: A Visual History Artbook

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Hate to be that guy and I’m far from a Geewunner, but I’m inclined to agree with the people that think having Bayformers be all over the cover is stupid.

Ideally the cover should be something that actually celebrates the history of the franchise like this:

F81E07B6-8723-41C1-ACC8-A3657181A6CD.jpeg

...But if that’s not an option the very first iteration should probably take the main stage.

I’ll still get the book, but the cover is lame.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That picture is cool! Is there a larger version of it?

The only crime is not having Marvel Ratchet :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  3. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will not judge this book by it’s cover but by it’s contents but for those who are bothered by the Bayverse headshots it shouldn’t be too hard to print out a new wraparound paper cover with Transformers from the Generation(s) you desire!

4. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too right! Im off to find some animorphs art.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    There's a lot of people in this thread that seem to have never heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." Like, this is the most literal example I've ever seen of that saying.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Preordered the limited edition.

I hope there is a fair chunk of Beast Wars stuff in here.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Amazing how many people can punch walls over a cover.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Why isn't Sqweeks on the cover. He rules.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

Personally, I hope and think this is something fans of all iterations of Transformers should be able to enjoy. Hundreds of pages of Transformers art. That sounds pretty awesome to me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Can't blame fans for not wanting something terrible on the cover. Something that made a blatant mockery of 35 years of history instead of celebrating it. :rolleyes: 

It was a poor decision and I'm surprised a book by fans for fans would make such an obvious mistake.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    No I don't want some crazy splash page of a million bots so I don't even know who is who. I want something simple and well designed that can sit on a shelf.
    Dude you're missing the blue text for your hilarious comment :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. bugimusprime

bugimusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would walk right past this in a bookstore thinking it only had to do with Bayformers. If it had a classic prime on the cover, I\'d pre-order. With Bayformers on the cover, I\'ll wait until I can flip through to see if I want it.

I know the movie-versions have their fans - good for them. I\'m not one of them. If this book is bold enough to put that on the cover, the movies also might consume a lot of the pages. If so, I know the book isn\'t for me.

(side note: I really liked the Cybertron Bumbleebee scenes, so I know a faithful TF movie can be done. The original designs for the Bayformer movies were more in line with those. Michael Bay carved his own way. Good for him, but wasn\'t my thing.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I know you’re being sarcastic. However, when you go by the logic of some of the folks on this website, just about everything that isn’t G1 is somehow a “mockery”.

Honestly, all of the anger towards some book covers somehow sums up how immature most of this fanbase is. It kinda also reveals the snowflakery of the anti-Bayformer folks, also. Imagine just getting outraged over a stupid book cover.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Speaking only for myself, I'm happy with most non-G1 versions of Transformers. The Bayverse is the exception.

If you like the Bay movies, that's fine. I'm not looking to get into an argument over taste.

But I resent being told that I can only accept G1 when I've very clearly only complained about the Bayverse.

• Like Like x 3
  15. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Dude literally spends all of his time yelling at the clouds over how much he hates something he didn't have to watch in the first place. It's sad, really.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Geeko Prime

Geeko Prime Member

Hello

I'm new here. I've not been on forums for ages - I'm surprised they still exist...

I don't want to get into a running gun battle here. Goodness knows I'm too stupid to argue effectively online.

But hear me out; I grew up in a country that never had Transformers. The first time I saw any Transformers on the screen was with Bayverse. I have my own thoughts on the movies - but I'll leave it at that.

Over the years I've gathered many Bayverse toys, of various scales. Always aware of the G1 figures, but choosing the Bayverse instead.

Earlier this year, I bought my first G1 toy - Optimus Prime with a trailer. He is by far my most favourite. So simple to transform and no frills paint. It's even led me to go search for the transformers shows on YouTube.

So, really, thanks to Bayverse, I discovered G1. There are parts of the franchise I don't like(like the dinosaur ones) and that's fine. I don't go on about how much I hate it. It seems very much unlike the example from Optimus Prime in the cartoons, that we should be so aggro about parts of our franchise.

The inconvenient truth is that Bayverse did a lot for Hasbro and the continued survival and growth of this franchise. We should be glad for it

The world is already such a hate filled, difficult place to be. Instead of being so hyper opinionated and scaring people away from our franchises, let's rather celebrate the fact that more people are coming to enjoy it.

As for the book, I bought the limited edition. I'm sure there will be parts that I love and others I don't. But there will likely be other people who love those bits I don't and thanks to our combined interest, we all get to enjoy what seems to promise to be a really good book

• Like Like x 4
  17. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Curious to know which country didn't get Transformers in the 80s but got them by 2007-09!

18. Geeko Prime

Geeko Prime Member

Not that this was the point...

But I see further clarification would have been welcome.

Where I lived in South Africa in the 80s, we didn't have Transformers. Hell, we were lucky to have TV at all.

I then got married, started working, did life and moved to the UK in 2005. That's when I was able to do things like collect toys instead of, you know, buy food

• Like Like x 2
  19. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Totally this,

• Like Like x 1
  20. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Yep- South Africa didn't get a lot of stuff back then!

I'm a G1 fan, and I don't begrudge the movie fans, but I have to agree that the choice of image for the cover is lacking.

A collage image featuring lots of characters would have been better to indicate there was lots of history. So the first fail for me is the choice of a single image of a head.

The next fail is that if only a single head image has to be the cover, surely there are more marketable or iconic options?

• Like Like x 2