Virginia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Trypticon, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Hurleychris07

Hurleychris07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have a Loose/new/complete POTP Rodimus if anyone needs one. Have a case of the set on the way and don’t need the extra.

$40 picked up in Woodbridge

2. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Sharp N Squishy

News Credits:
    Martinsburg, WV? I’ve tried 3 days in a row there this week asking different people and none would go get it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jacewiththeface

Jacewiththeface Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah. Did you try today? They had Prime there. You should go see today if you haven't.

4. Deathy G1

News Credits:
    I tried around 11 AM.

5. Jacewiththeface

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    hmm. Did you give them the DPCI number?

6. Deathy G1

News Credits:
    Yup. They just told me to come back in a week when it’s out.

7. Jacewiththeface

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That sucks. I don't know why they wouldn't give it to you if they gave one to me. Have you tried Winchester?

8. Deathy G1

News Credits:
    Nope. I’m not that pressed. I did get Rodimus from Hagerstown last week. He was my priority.

9. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I had a similar situation happen with me at Springfield. I really think it just depends on who you catch in the store, and if they're willing to go look in the back. Some people will while others won't. It's a crapshoot.

10. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    The biggest key to getting a Target employee to go into the warehouse for something is being courteous. If you walk in there with a chip on your shoulder thinking you will need to fight to get something out of the warehouse you are done before you even start. You can also call the store and ask if you can check to see if something is in stock (make sure you have the dcpi number), if it is you can ask to have it held at customer service (50/50 chances of success this way). If they will hold it make sure to get their name and if the customer service rep knows how they can take payment over the phone. You will get a emailed receipt. Once you have a receipt it is considered sold and they must have the items at customer service for you and bring the CC you used as you will need to swipe it at the register to finish the transaction (they only take the number up to the last 4 digits) (generally a 72 hour hold before they reverse the transaction and put the item(s) back into stock)(only had one problem with the item(s) not being there when I arrived but they made it right). I have only been able to do this a couple of times; training at Target is not what it used to be, you need to get lucky and get a more senior employee. I personally prefer to visit the store to see if they have it so I can make sure the boxes are not ragged out. If you pre-purchase you sort of get what they pull for you. I will call a store if it is more than an hour away and try to have something held as I do not want to have a wasted trip if I can help it.

Also, print out the brickseek results for the store(s) you are visiting as it has the dcpi number and it shows that they actually have stock and it will not be a wild goose chase for them/waste of their time. I have been thanked multiple times when I hand them the printed paperwork as it makes it much easier to tracking down the item(s) for you. And make sure you do not employee hop if they will not go to the warehouse for you as they will remember you and you will not get acknowledged the next time you are in there. Just accept the rejection and try another day and a different employee; eventually you will have success. I have made acquaintances with a number of employees in most of the local stores and I will go to them if they are working when I am there; they know that I will have the paperwork and are happy to go look if they are not otherwise busy. If you can wait for them to go look if they are busy you will score brownie points with them. Being respectful goes a LONG ways. Just find a place to stand out of the way and they will come to you when they have what you are looking for. And as Paik said, the electronics department is the way to go as it is generally the slowest and you will usually find employees milling around looking bored; hand them the paper and ask if they would check for an item that is in stock but not on the shelf or ask them if they would do a warehouse check for an item. They all have inventory devices on them and it only takes a minute for them to get a warehouse location.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Gainesville Target had only 4ish Classic Black Lions and 0 limbs : ( I did see maybe two sets of POTP deluxes and 2 POTP voyager Starscreams.

~Paik

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jacewiththeface

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    At least you got Rodimus. I heard a rumor that Target might reset around the 7th.

13. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Are people here just looking for Optimus? Most of the stores I'm going to ONLY have Rodimus on hand.

... Why is it that every store I've been to has the limbs, but not the main lion. I'll try Gainesville today.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  14. clydegoobler

clydegoobler Autobot

News Credits:
    I wouldn't stress about trying to find Optimus and Rodimus. In a month we'll be complaining about them being shelfwarmers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Got black lion at Gainesville.

• Like Like x 1
  16. neeral36

News Credits:
    Still on the fence over Voltron. From those of you that have the complete set, is it worth getting?

17. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    POTP is on the shelves in the Gainesville Target now. All of the deluxes and masters were on the shelf. No leaders, though.
    I think there was like 5 starscreams on shelf.

There is a Rodimus in the Leesburg Target on the shelf.

18. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I like it, but some of the criticisms it's getting over in the Voltron thread are fair. The way the arms turn is a bit of a turn off.

But as a display piece? I think it's far better than that Mattel version that was released 5 years ago.

19. neeral36

News Credits:
    I may have to see if I can piece together a set. I am not going to go out of my way but if I run across them then so be it. It will replace my Ahem Ahem original Beast King GoLion that I got when I was a kid in my mixed items display.

20. Machotron

Machotron OOOH Yesss!

For those interested, Grotusque is available on the ToysRUs website. Limit of one per customer so hopefully everybody who wants one can get one.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2