Virginia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Trypticon, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Trash Panzer

Trash Panzer Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm not planning to pick up another set just for this. Luckily they're screwed-together joints that can be unscrewed, so I might try to open them up and put a layer of something in there. That's about the limit of what I'm comfortable doing, so I'm glad they're not more complicated than that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Sorry for the late reply. That set was the only one there when I went on Saturday. Honestly, I was completely shocked to see it there as I didn't go early morning or anything...

There aren't nearly as many SWVA collectors, I suppose. We are few and far between. Makes sense considering we're generally outnumbered by farm animals on this side of the state! :p  There's at least one other person on these boards in this area that I'm aware of, @Roanoke Convoy. I don't see him post that often any longer, though.

3. Roanoke Convoy

Roanoke Convoy Decepticon Minivan

Wow - my ears are burning. I'm still around. Frankly, most of my purchases are done online at this point, and when I am out and about, it's rare that there's anything to report. Speaking of which....

Roanoke Target endcap is mostly empty, and has been for several days (saw it late last week and twice so far this week). No seekers or clones. But if you're in the market for Earthrise Grapple, they can hook you up several times over. Probably 6 or more for you to choose from. I snagged a Earthrise Starscream there late last week - the only one on the shelf - but it's got some QC issues, so it's going back. Really discolored plastic on an ankle piece (it's discolored brown instead of grey), and the rear pieces of his left leg are splitting apart right out of the box. Ordered a new one from Pulse that will be my replacement, so once it arrives, this Target 'Screamer is going back to the store. I'll try to post more regularly, even if there's nothing to report - it might save someone a trip.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The_Boxman

The_Boxman Actively inactive.

News Credits:
    Have I missed the boat on Car Dropkick? I was going to pick him up initially, but then the pandemic happened and now it doesn't seem that he's in stock anywhere I've checked. Anyone in the NOVA area seen him in the plastic at all or am I too late?

5. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers Studio Series 46 Deluxe Dropkick

6. MCutter

MCutter Pronounced WITH-thuh UMP-tee.

News Credits:
    That one came out in stores last August. Unless you know a store that has reeaally slow stock turnover then you're probably out of luck for buying it retail.

7. ZombieBalls

ZombieBalls Drives fast

I just saw one at a Kroger Marketplace last week here in RVA. If you have Krogers up there they tend to have older stuff but it's often more expensive. A Studio Series deluxe would probably be about $25 unless they were running a sale or clearance.

• Like Like x 2
  8. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Just got the shipping notification from Megalopolis Toys that my order has shipped. Being sent UPS - no eta yet as it is just a label right now - not origin scanned yet. Just about a week late which seems to be par for the course right now. I was going to email him tomorrow if I did not see a shipping notification.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WockaWockaWocka

WockaWockaWocka Recovering Plastic Crack Addict

News Credits:
    No exciting Transformers sightings at Ashland Walmart today. They did have multiples of the Real Ghostbusters and the new 6" Ghostbusters if bustin makes you feel good.

10. Trash Panzer

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I checked my email again after seeing this post, and I just got my shipping notification for Exhaust and Greasepit, too. Whew.

11. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Question for those in NoVA:

I found a HGUC Gundam RX-78-2 kit at the Target in Burke the other day which was a surprise since I wasn't aware that Target carried Gundam kits. Has anyone else seen them in Targets? I'm looking for a few particular ones.

13. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have seen Gundam and other kits in Target lately, but I don't know the lines well enough to know what I'm looking at. I think they were in the "everything" aisle after Lego in my store, but they definately had shelf tags and an arrangement to them, so I would assume all stores are getting them.

On another topic:

If anyone is looking for the 6" Joes I got a set at the Short Pump Walmart this morning, the rest of the case remained. The brickseek links work for individual figures, I posted those links in the 6" thread in the news section of HISSTANK the other day. They showed up all around RVA this morning.

14. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yes, but they only sell a handful. I know they have Barbatos as well. I think they're mostly HG. You won't find a wide selection. You're better off looking for Gundam kits online or at Barnes and Noble.

~Paik

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    HGUC is actually the only line I'm looking for so it would be perfect. Where did you see the Barbatos at?

So far I've only seen the kits at Burke. Everywhere else I've been to I haven't seen any. But I guess since they don't have a designated shelf, they could be anywhere.

16. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I've seen numerous Barbatos at numerous Targets from Fair Lakes, Chantilly, I think Sterling as well. Maybe even Gainesville. I just don't remember. I know I see them more often than not though.

~Paik

17. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Which ones are you looking for?

18. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Got my order in for the twins, got the empty cart the first time but the second went through...

19. Trash Panzer

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    My Greasepit and Exhaust are currently scheduled to arrive next Thursday, according to UPS tracking.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

I had the clones in my cart but lost them during checkout, oh well. I still haven't had any luck finding these or the seekers at Target stores, but I'm hoping that they restock soon. I am a bit worried that they won't though especially since I heard rumors of some Target locations already putting them on clearance.

Update: I was just able to add the clones to my cart again, but for the second time they were gone when I went to check out.

Update 2: it just happened for a third time, but this time around I got through further to be able to select my payment before it got yanked from my cart again.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1