Virginia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Trypticon, Jun 18, 2003.

1. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    The only argument I will make against that is that if the item is on the shelf, it should be sold. I was told that by the ESTL of a Target store on the Eastern USA that I know. It falls to the store to make sure the 'street dated' stuff doesn't make its way to the floor -- Which Neeral has also confirmed. Everything else you wrote is absolutely correct. Personally, I won't be scanning one item and taking the other anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WockaWockaWocka

WockaWockaWocka Banana Cream Pie Soldier

News Credits:
    No argument needed. I agreed with you in my first sentence. I was just trying to paint a picture of the stores side based on my experience. As a manager I would try to make everyone happy when I was in that situation. If a store is getting fined and a company is threatening to pull their product all that does is hurts the future stock of the products. I just don't get why so many people are so quick and aggressive to capitalize on mistakes. I fully disagree with Target street dating toys. People can do what they want, but there are ways to get what you want without being disrespectful. I play by the rules, have patience and understand that mistakes are made. Yes its frustrating, but it's not in my character to make a stink about it.

I apologize to everyone for dragging this discussion out. I am really trying to get back to sightings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Seven Corners Target is a hot mess with nothing worthy of noting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found Springer at Winchester Target North. Wouldn't scan, but I scanned another voyager I brought just in case.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Nothing at Tinner Hill Target and Victory Comics.

6. Sprchr7

Sprchr7 Something...

Hampton Roads, VA (also in Pasquotank County, NC)
    Red Mill Walmart as of 7:37 PM

Siege Battlemasters wave 1 and 2 x2 pegs
    Siege Micromasters x2pegs
    Siege Chromia x1
    Siege Sideswipe x1
    Siege Skytread x2
    Siege Cog x2
    Siege Springer x2
    Siege Starscream x4
    Siege Shockwave x1

G1 Optimus Prime x2
    G1 Swerve x1

SS Dropkick x5
    SS Shatter x2 (one is a returnee)
    SS Scrapmetal x1
    SS Cogman x3
    SS DotM Megatron x1

There was some else at the shelf as I was leaving, so the numbers may already be different

Red Mill Target as of 7:56

Siege Battlemasters x2 Pegs
    Siege Race Car Patrol x1
    Siege Rescue Patrol x2
    Siege Battle Patrol x1
    Siege Prowl x2
    Siege Chromia x2
    Siege Sixgun x2
    Siege Starscream x1
    Siege Springer x1
    Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime x1
    Siege Shockwave x3

SS Dropkick x4
    SS Cogman x1
    SS Bonecrusher x1
    SS-32 Optimus Prime x1
    SS-35 Jetfire x1
    SS DotM Megatron x1

Springer showed up on the price scanner at Target. Didn’t bother with trying to get him through checkout since I bought one at Walmart already.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  7. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brickseek says Walmart has 2 more Voyagers in, gonna check it out tomorrow, because I'm a glutton for punishment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nimmo Walmart as of 930PM or so:
    • G1 Optimus Prime
    • SIEGE Springer x 1
    • SIEGE Starscream x 4 or more(checked all 4 for chest pins since some of these were casepacked with Springer, no chest pins in any of them)
    • Battle Masters wave 2
    • Chromia
    • Sixgun
    • Cogs
    • Skytread x 1
    • Shockwave x 1-2
    • Micromasters wave 1
    • Studio Series Cogmen wave
    • G1 Prime
    • Marvel Legends Forge and Gambit, no worthy Cap
    Didn't look at the rest

Lynnhaven/Princess Walmart:
    • SIEGE Shockwave x 2
    • SIEGE wave 2 deluxes except Ironhide
    • SS Cogmen wave
    • Micro and Battlemasters wave 1
    • Marvel Legends Forge, Gambit and Blink, no worthy Cap

• Like Like x 1
  9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Found Springer at the Chesterfield Towne Center Target today, just one. Took it to the self register and used the little hand scanner instead of the main one and it rang up with no issues. I also checked it back at a price scanner and it rang up okay, usually if something doesn't work at the register the price scanner will also say something like "assistance needed" or something similar.

• Like Like x 4
  10. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Picked up 3 blackjack/hyperdrive packs from the Manassas Target, one available to a local (sold); left a siege galaxy prime behind for those still looking.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  11. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

Found Springer at Gainesville Target brought up Starscream and scanned him and took Springer. They only had one. Nothing else new.

12. WockaWockaWocka

WockaWockaWocka Banana Cream Pie Soldier

News Credits:
    Unexpectedly had to be in Stafford this morning so I checked everywhere on the way home.
    S. Stafford Walmart: 3 Springers
    S. Stafford Target: 1 Springer, and I finally found the NECA TMNT's I have been looking for forever.
    CP Fredericksburg Walmart: 1 Springer, entire case of the newest SW 6" Archive Wave, 1 Worthy Cap
    CP Fredericksburg Target: 2 Springers
    S. Fredericksburg Walmart: Nothing New
    S. Fredericksburg Target: 1 Springer

All these stores are well stocked with older waves. I bought a bunch of stuff, but everything I listed is what I left. This was the first time in a long time I haven't had my 7yo with me. I forget how nice it is to listen to what music I want at whatever volume level I choose.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, so I have spotted no less than 3 Springers today in various stores, one at Fair Lakes Walmart (which I bought), one at Leesburg Target where I got the street date silliness, and one at a Target in Maryland that rang up no issue. The hell?

@neeral36 Can you provide an explanation?

If not, it's cool. I am just surprised that the figure would street date me at one store and not another.

Oh, and if anyone is looking for Blackjack, they had a pack at Sterling West.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

F77538EF-2997-4F65-819E-E6B05BDBF1FE.gif

• Like Like x 3
  15. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I'm a stream-of-consciousness writer when I'm on the boards. I don't worry about an occasional (a lot) grammatical error. :p 

Seriously, though, I cringe when I go back and spot all the horrible mistakes I make. I still can't be bothered to fix it.

Oh, one more thing: I am currently in the process of listing 90% of my transformers to sell. If you're looking for an item, send me a PM and I'll probably have it. This includes everything from G1 to now. I've been doing this for literally 31 years and it's time to stop.
    I don't suspect I'll get many PMs from most of you here in the VA sightings board (I think you all have most of the figures I own), but I decided to let you know regardless.

Most of you have my number and can reach me through text. It's been... an interesting ride knowing you guys -- Even you @neeral36. I still really appreciate you helping me out with the Slugslinger a few years back. I also hope that you aren't upset or sore about any of my interactions with you. I know I might have come across as somewhat malicious, but that was never my intent. I humbly apologize if I've ever given ANYONE (that includes you Ron) a negative feeling. I've always thought really highly of most of you on this board and while I know I didn't have the relationship with you that some of you have with each other I never considered any you an enemy or had a bad thought about any of you.

I promise if I see any of you I won't wave. I don't want to scare any of you. :p 

I think I'll have a sale thread created on Saturday.

Oh, and this includes transformers graphic novels and comics.

And yea, I know most of you don't care about this post. That's fine. I just wanted you to know how I feel about the situation. No hard feelings from me. Take care.

Oh, I forgot to mention: Fairlakes Target had a lone Starscream this afternoon. Someone might've bought a springer there, or had it snatched away.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Anklesaw

Anklesaw Well-Known Member

forest hill target and walmart remains without siege wave 3 . Some wave 2 are there, target has 2 soundwave and walmart has some primes and megs.

17. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Picked up 2 Springers at the Manassas Walmart on Liberia. 1 is available to a local. Chantilly Walmart is still devoid of anything meaningful.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Trash Panzer

Trash Panzer Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Dammit, I was just there last night.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I was lucky, there was a VERY nice lady bringing them out on the pallet when I was walking up the aisle. If I had missed her I wouldn't have seen them either. For some reason she knew I was there for the transformer. She even handed the Springer to me, I told her I wasn't interested as I had already bought one there the previous day. It was a nice gesture after some of the childishness I've had to deal with these past few days. lmao.

Edit: And no, my childishness comment was not aimed at anyone here. I've been watching my nieces and nephews the past few days.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Cesium Salami

Cesium Salami Older than Kup!

News Credits:
    Last night I picked up the lone Springer figure at the Hilltop Target on First Colonial in VB.
    They tried to pull the streetdate BS with me at first but eventually caved because they couldn't find a reason behind it.

They had a few Blackjack & Hyperdrive sets on the pegs too.

• Like Like x 2