Vintage G1 Bruticus variations

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by REMINATOR, Aug 22, 2010.

1. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excluding the Encore, I know the vintage G1 Bruticus was released as die cast metal and the plastic version. What I didn't know is the accessories are slightly different among the 3 versions until I read Fred TF Variations which I'm confuse.

My g1 Bruticus which I got from Ebay last year is the die cast version but I think the accessories are a mishmash, I need some clarifications:
    1. At the back of Bruticus gray chest plate, it has indent vs. fill. Which one is for the metal version? I have the indent one.
    2. The hands and feet accessories with the marking L and R. One version has the letter marking only 1 side of the hand/foot. Mine has the L/R mark at both side (outside and underside) of the hand. As for the foot, I think the left foot only has one side, but the right has the marking in the outside and underside. Again which accessories belong to which version?
    3. So there are 3 versions of the vintage Onslaught (made in Japan metal, made in Japan plastic, and made in Mecca plastic) and only 2 versions of the smaller bots (made in Japan - plastic and metal but no Mecca). Is that right?
    4. Bruticus giftset was only release in Japan. Was it released as die cast, plastic, or both?

I don't know if Bruticus back double barrel, head, and gun also have any difference as well. Feel free to list all the changes if you know any.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there's a silver and a grey combiner pieces variation as well

3. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Here's a picture of the various...uh...variants:

[​IMG]

4. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus Prime

Ebay:
    Good to see this thread. I am just going through my multiples of G1 Hastak combaticons and reralized that I have a Swindle with a darker purple metal chest, as well as a Blast off with the same dark purple chest. but they are Hasbro and Takara 1986.

5. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Walks with Ezekiel's older brother

I don't remember the answer to question #1, but as for the hands/feet markings, the ones with the "R" and "L" on both sides did come with the metal-chested Onslaught. The silver hands/feet with the letters on only one side came from the transitional plastic-chested Onslaught, and then all the gray Bruticus accessories came from plastic-chested Onslaughts.

6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Only version that matters is the Korean oversized KO. Onslaught is the size of G1 Ultra Magnus and the smaller bots are deluxes. If only the KO makers had produced Menasor and Defensor.

7. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

My Onslaught is the plastic version and came with the chest plate with no indent to attach it to the crotch. Caused Bruticus' arms to not stay in place very well.

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I have a question, is the Encore the all-plastic variant? I try my best to get non-die cast G1 whenever possible.

9. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus Prime

Ebay:
    I just watched a review on the Encore set, but I do not remember if it was metal chest or not. What I wish I had was the launching base version of Onslaught. they disabled all the US releases of the base modes.
    I have most of the plastic and metal chest versions. I have two plastic chested Onslaughts, and a metal and plastic of Swindle, Blast Off and Brawl and just one Vortex, who is metal chested. I am thinking of just keeping the metal ones and one Onslaught.

10. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Encore is die-cast. There are some well noted molding issues with the plastic, but the set is the metal chest version.

11. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Walks with Ezekiel's older brother

I could've sworn that the Encore was Plastic-chested in this case.

12. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i dont have the encore

but
    my metal combaticon set has silver parts
    L and R on both sides of the parts
    and the shield has a filled in tab

my plastic onslaught which is japanese
    has all gray parts
    the us one should be the same only without a working launcher

13. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pretty sure I heard the same, in fact that's why a lot of people skipped it, me included.

14. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn’t realize a search to potentially find an answer would be bringing back a thread dormant for five years, but I came across this grey G1 bruticus in a small toy shop last weekend. The camouflage makes me think ruination and/or G2.
    73DCE999-F89B-4D33-8200-E2C8926A9C3A.jpeg
    Anyone know about this version? Is/was it an official, KO, exclusive, etc.???

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's official. It was a Walmart exclusive in 2003. Ruination (RID) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  16. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Like Ikkstakk said, yes, it's an official release.

Check out my sig, it has every official release of the G1 Combaticon molds except for the insanely expensive Japanese exclusive Operation Combination Battle Gaia.
    From left to right: G1, G2, Car Robots Baldigus, Robots in Disguise (2001) Ruination, "Urban Camo" Ruination, "Desert Camo" Ruination