Video games you HATE that everybody loves.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronFTW, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every "Me-too" FPS. By that I mean "Band of Modern Warfare Brothers on a Battlefield in 1943 that earned you a Medal of Honor."

I'm over Halo too, but I still prefer its Sci-fi setting and mythology over the retold stories in the above.

I Like Rage, etc etc. FPS, yes, but a slight change in environment and advancement depth.

Smasher and his friend made this game fun for me. Would have quit halfway through if it wasn't for the peanut gallery.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    But that's not bad at all, especially since they altered the multiplayer in the Anniversary playlists to basically be classic pre-Reach Halo.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the FIFA stuff I just dont see the draw.

As for modern warfare well I've never been a fan but caved in when the guys at work all got it at a massive discount and wanted me in their clan. Yeah.... single player while nice to look at I dunno the story is just trash and frankly might as well of not existed. BUT multiplayer is fun I guess but I got the same level of fun from TF2 and CS:S/1.6 so really I could have saved myself some money...

GoW... I dunno maybe its that slightly older gamer in me but I just dont see why its so highly praised for whats basically an other doom clone with a cover system. (and I f**king hate cover systems)

4. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I was coming here to say the same thing. All my non-RPG playing buddies just love those damn games, but I just can't get into them.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes I wish RPGs like Skyrim had a lot of "me too" copycats, but then that might diminish the impact, not to mention, we'd have less time to play each one before the next one replaced it.

6. Bendimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think we saw what an RPG marketed towards the "me too" players looks like, and Dragon Age 2 was a shadow of it's former self. I think tweaks like what has been done with the Mass Effect series are fine, but now with a confirmation that DA3 will have multiplayer, I think we need to keep RPGs and "me too" games seperate.

This next year will be really good for RPGs/Action RPGs/MMORPGs though so there will be plenty to play. Mass Effect 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Witcher 2 (for console, and the expansion pack for the PC version), Paper Mario 3DS, Diablo 3, D&D: Neverwinter, and at least one huge DLC for Skyrim.

Or if you are looking for some real old school RPG play, I'd always recommend something from Spiderweb Software: Spiderweb Software, Inc. Home Page. They make awesome games, and just released their first iPad RPG.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So funny that you mention Spiderweb. I just bought Avadon for the iPad. Loving the hell outta it. Reminds me of the days I'd sit in front of the C64 and play gold-box D&D games. Kingdoms of Amalur has my favorite writer of all time penning the story, so that's my next move after Skyrim.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, one game I think is a bit similar that I really enjoyed this year was Two Worlds 2. It's a pretty large world, you take a bunch of side missions, get new gear, do missions for guilds and the like. One feature it had that I wish Skyrim had was an auto swap for entire sets of gear. The shortcut menu in Skyrim is ok, but being able to switch between a fighter, an archer, and a mage setup in an instant was great in TW2. I also liked that you could equip capes with your armor... Skyrim's only cape is the redguard's and it can't be used with other armor. It's a tiny complaint but I like capes. I guess this post more belongs in the games I love but everyone hates, but oh well.

9. Fish Sandwich

Fish Sandwich The Immortal King Tasty

My god, I'm... I'm not alone! Really, though, Metroid just doesn't hold up, it's still playable, I guess, but it's just not any fun. I could also rant about Hunters for whatever the text equivalent of five hours is.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, the main Metroid I was dissapointed with was Fusion. I was happy to have another side-scroller, but something about it didn't hold my interest. I think mainly it was that it all took place on a space station and the areas lacked the inventive intertwining layouts that Super Metroid had and lacked a memorable soundtrack.

I was actually pleased to find Metroid still playable when I booted it up recently. It still has some of the unforgiving 8-bit stylings, like lacking any kind of a map, but it was still a suprisingly deep adventure for the NES. I think it aged ok.

Oh, and I'm not saying Fusion was the worst, it was just dissapointing to me and yet everyone seemed to really love it.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I dislike Fable III just not as good as Fable II

12. Bendimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Sweet, I was wondering how Avadon turned out. I need to add that to my list of games now. I've loved Spiderweb's stuff since I played Exile 3 way back in high school.

13. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

Shadow of the Colossus

Since when is running around for hours aimlessly and doing way easy boss battles a good game?

14. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't like sports games.

Racing is fine but stuff like Tennis, Football, Soccor, Cricket and Golf? What's the point? Might as well watch it on TV which isn't that much better of an option anyway.

15. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

The new Deus Ex.

It's just so... meh. The faces look like crap, the level design is uninspired, the visuals are monotonous, the story is boring, the characters are tedious, the boss fights are annoying, the gameplay is 50% running back and forth through the same city streets over and over to complete fetch quests, the gunplay is nothing special, the stealth is spoonfed to you, if ever a more aggrivating inventory system has been designed by man I hope never to see it and JESUS CHRIST those argument sections where you talk about your feelings with your stupid boss. Really? An argument about trusting your friends? When did I get to Equestria? Not even the cybernetic upgrades are exciting. I had like 10 praxis points left unspent at the end because I just didn't give a crap about any of the things I could spend them on.

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'm probably going to hit up hit up the latest Avernum remakes when they are done. The original Exile versions from the 90s are the only fantasy RPGs i've ever enjoyed playing, althougth I only had the massive demos since sending monies to obscure internet developers in other countries was SRS BSNS back then.

17. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Halo series, COD series, Madden in general

18. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Kingdom Hearts
    Halo
    Final Fantasy
    MGS4

blargh barf farts butts

19. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

The Legend of Dragoon.
    Also i hear alot of love/hate for this one. Chrono Cross.

Just heard they might be doing a sequel to LOD. SO ECSTATIC!

20. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

^I think you confused this thread with the "Video Games you love that everybody hates" thread. This is the "video games you hate that everybody loves thread".

People like Fable III?