Victorion set. Rust Dust/Groove Gun Mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by idkwdya, Jan 5, 2016.

1. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    So, I was reading the Combiner Wars Victorion comic today. But something struck me. Victorion is holding Rust Dust (Fembot Groove) as a hand gun. As well as Rust Dust is not on Victorion's chest. Rust Dust and Groove are identical besides the color. And then I went and looked at my legends Groove and noticed a peg and port that are not used in any mode. Is there a gun mode for Groove that i've missed all this time? Here's a picture of the shot of Victorion that made me think and a picture of Groove's odd port and peg. Did I just miss something or is there a use for this peg and port? They serve no purpose in bot mode, alt mode, or combined mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

So far there's been no official usage of that peg or the peghold on the other side. Personally I theorize that they may have planned on including a gun or set of guns but scrapped that. I fiddled around with Groove but I couldn't find a meaningful gunfiguration using that peg. The closest to a functional gun mode I could come up with was completely different than what's pictured and uses his arm pegs instead.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    There isn't a way to make it into a gun like that.
    He can combine with Leader Thundercracker's gun to achieve something similar though.
    I use this myself as Defensor's weapon and will use Skywarp's gun with Victorion/Rust Dust.

Attached Files:

4. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Groove integrated into the main assembly and brandishing another weapon. I like the way it makes more of a super-weapon look than just Hot Spot's skinny rifles butted into each other. At the tip is Huffer's rifle, which I decided Groove needed much more to begin with.

Attached Files:

5. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

This is good.

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Comic artists seem to have some difficulty when it comes to the Groove mold, to say the least. Despite still being part of Defensor in IDW, every artist so far have completely forgotten to draw him on the chest.

7. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    she is a chest

8. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    aside from combiner hunters rust dust has been drawn as the chest....so that's more the official spot since victorion is getting that combined sword....

i've seen that a couple times and it is a great idea...if i ever find a leader TC this is the route i'd take as well. here's another pic i found of another member doing the same sort of combination. personally i'd fold his feet back when doing it this way but that's me. it is a shame there's nothing official for him.

Attached Files:

9. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder how Wreck-Gar is going to work with Sky Reign. There doesn't seem to be a spot to hook him onto the chest.

10. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps the barrel is some part of the sword hilt, Pyra Magna's hand weapon?

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I feel like there should be a way to peg together Groove where you could also mount Hot Spot/Onslaught's guns.

Or maybe Sky Lynx's swords have the alignment needed to peg into Groove in some form or another.