Viacom-CBS Merger: What We Know And How It Will Affect Our Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 15, 2019.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G.I.Joe can work. Just put them in Marvel movie style gear and give them literal versions of all the toy gimmicks.

Incidentally, yes, Tom Scioli’s TF vs. Joe was absolutely mental, silly, campy, weird, and unrealistic but it’s probably the single most toy gimmick focused media take on a Hasbro property ever and one of the few TF comics where the importance of transforming is never lost.

And it gives a workable template for a G.I.Joe that is a secret society predating the foundation of the United States and locked in battle with rival secret societies. A world where Vikings have Adventure Team necklaces

The United States is a pawn or proxy for G.I.Joe’s greater agenda and that includes Lovecraftian Cobra-La and aliens inside the earth. And The Headman who is dealing drugs to literally raise an undead army. And they use lasers and giant backpacks and gyrocopters.

No real cars. Cobra POGOs and ATVs that double as backpacks. And you kind of have to actively dump on reality. Your characters need to be convinced that a helicopter strapped to your back, powered by a literal rip cord, is better than any real world tech coming out of Lockheed-Martin.

• Like Like x 2
  2. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    I think one thing that could be taken away from this is the fact that the troubles Paramount was having HAD to be putting more pressure on Bay to keep cranking out more movies which in turn began taking a heavy toll on the end results. The Transformers franchise was their life support and when that began to fail, the studio nearly died.

I do believe the franchise can still be a part of their solution to get better. Best to get things back to basics and work from there.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    See, I don't really believe that, since after DOTM, the time between films increased by 33% from two years to three even though really, the actual production process didn't change. If there had been that kind of pressure, Paramount wouldn't have waited to make that stupid announcement about 'one film a year for three years in the TFCU' after AoE, they would have been right on top of that shit and cranked out whatever a fifth film would have been in much less time.

4. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I can feel they wanna do something. If you’ve got the keys to making big transformers movies they can’t just forget about that. Especially with the hot new draw of a reboot. I don’t know if it will be a show. But they’re gonna start something this decade. I know it.

6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Regardless if it's true or not, you should make an entirely new thread (and mirror the information) since it has nothing to do with the merger.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It might even conflict with the Paramount deal for the Bee sequel and the Beast Wars movies that were "leaked" a few weeks back. (Sidebar: studios "leak" projects to the press to generate media and fan interest to show potential investors that people are excited about a project. That's why the Bee2/BW movie "news" was given to Deadline Hollywood to put out a few weeks ago.) ViacomCBS is struggling at the moment and they might have simply passed on any future TF movies. They still have a contract until 2021 or 2022 *(don't remember the exact date right off the top of my head)* for the movies, but nothing for live action television, which was considered too expensive to bother with. eOne might not be able to make a TF live action TV series before then. That was something Hasbro had said they wanted.

This is not the first time a live action TF series was shopped around tho. Larry DiTillio proposed one that seemed loosely based on the Master Force Pretenders during his time on Beast Wars. Human modes would have kept the cost down, but it was still too much $$ to make back then.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Is that true?