very odd ER prowl variant- mismatched legs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gumblor Gimbles, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    i recently bought the Autobot Alliance set from bargainmax in the uk. upon opening it, i found an Ironhide with a slightly warped shield (doesnt sit flat in van mode) and a prowl missing his left inner foot panel.
    [​IMG]
    upon transforming him, i discovered that his legs were far more clunky than my ER smokescreen's, resulting in the windscreen not sitting flush on the lefthand side.
    [​IMG]

as it turned out, one of the legs (the left one, missing the panel) was different to the right leg.
    look above the black knees to see the difference.
    [​IMG]

and... theyre different colours. so far as i can tell, both in person and in photos, the shade of transparent blue is different. i presume that the right leg (on the left in the pic below) is from bluestreak, whilst the left leg (on the right) is the correct colour for prowl.
    [​IMG]

has this been spotted before?

• Like Like x 3
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I'm betting those were factory rejects. Maybe they used parts from one of the other Datsuns to complete the figure?

• Like Like x 1
  3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Toy Connections

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if these are QC returns or seconds. Sounds weird that everyone has had these arrived with the outer case opened and resealed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This makes me wonder if QC seconds and customer returns are packed and made available to these sort of discount stores? :confused: 

They seem to pop up a while after that particular line has been and gone. Gives the reworking involved to get them sorted and sent out again enough time!
    Gotta recoup lost monies where possible with oil prices/plastic costs rising? o_O 

I'm just spitballing here, no facts. ;) 

5. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    MY GOD!!! look at all that clear plastic! thats just itching to break

• Like Like x 1