Very Detailed MT Giant Bonecrusher & Scavenger Picture Review (botmode, size, etc...)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those clips on the bototm make it look like there's a seperate shoulder piece that clips onto it and then onto the gestalt as well... kinda' like the FP Bruticus kit.

2. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Meh. Not bad really, but overall I'm glad I picked Herc first. More likely than not, money allowing, I will own these. I think they look nice, just not compared to Hercules. If they came out last year or next year (when I'm not thinking about finishing Herc) I'd be more psyched for em... they truly look to be a good quality.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Nice efforts and major props to the high level of detail on the figures, but the bot modes are just too different for me to see them as being adequate spot-fillers for Constructicons. The alt modes , however, are outstanding.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

They look really good in the G2-inspired scheme. I'm happy they're releasing them in those colors first. Helps differentiate them from TFC's set even more.

5. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is it me or do they both have the same leg transformation?

6. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Kinda hope they release a G2 Orange version of these guys to boot (even if there's only a couple hundred or less made)

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Something.
    Screencap from Encline's video shows theres something else going on in there.

[​IMG]

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like they're identical from the waist down.

I really like the looks of these guys as stand-alone bots, but the major reason why I'm picking TFC's guys for use as the actualy Constructicons is that TFC's guys actually look like the Constructicons in all modes.

The major divergences in the designs for 4 of the 6 Giant bots, while generally retaining more G1 faithful vehicle modes and of course a much more G1 accurate Devastator form is, IMO, quite baffling. TFC's approach is more consistent in this regard, settling on updating virtually everything (but still generally retaining the individual transformation schemes as a point of reference).

But again, divorced from the Constructicons proper, the overall design of the individual figures here looks pretty damned good, so I'm highly tempted by them anyways. As I've said before, I'll probably just set aside all the combiner bits, and use these guys as civilian Autobots or such.

9. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Bot modes do not look good at all. Vehicle modes look better than TFC ones. Verdict's still out, if the combined mode looks as good as the prototype and they are priced $65 or less each, I'm buying the green version upon release. Otherwise, no sell.

10. mjordan23

mjordan23 Well-Known Member

There is a green version of these guys coming out right? I would get those for robot modes and stick with TFC for Devy. so far even if these guys were green the bot modes still look really different but I could be down for it once I see the finished product.

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I was going to be all in for the green versions of these. I now find myself looking at the tfc cons for the first time in seriousness.

12. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    since I will only display them in combined mode, I will get the green versions of these.

13. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

First thanks Bystander for the pics, (glad you got frontpaged too!) :) 
    I'm now on the fence about these guys. I like how the alt modes are "realistic". However there's something about the bot modes. They look too "gappy" in some areas like the back, and forearms. I'm also glad there was a comparison shot of the Giant and Herc in vehicle mode.

14. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Thats why I dont like this set as Not devastator, But I do like this set. The Individual bot and alt modes look like they could be a good Sixbuilder set ( I think that was their name) from the R.I.D. collection.

I might pick them up for that reason. This year my collection rules are going out the window!

15. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I was thinking the same thing actually.

16. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

The one has a shovel butt

17. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Seconded. The yellow, combined with ugly decos and "bleh" bot modes just made these an easy pass.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, great vehicle modes but lackluster (IMO) robot modes. I'm not really a fan of the G2 colorscheme either, ah well.

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Vehicle modes look awesome, robots not so much. They have the same weird head placement as Defender. If they were not yellow, I'd probably ignore them altogther and be happy with Hercules.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find that the Hercules robot modes are even more uninspired than these are.