Very confused about G1 sixshot

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, i got G1 asia exclusive Sixshot today and have been trying to work out how to transform him. It's actually very difficult and I think in this case, my lack of sight is a problem because let's face it, he doesn't always look exactly like what he's described as so I can't go by a logically felt object.
    So, a few questions I have in case I'm doing something wrong, if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Space cruzer Mode i have figured out I believe, wings sticking out from the sides at the bottom, tail wings up on top.
    Not quite sure which way the 2 sets of wheels should point on his arms, if anyone could help that'd be great. MOst puzzling of all though, when his legs fold up, with his tail fins sticking up, the 2 large cockpit parts on the outsides of his legs come together. The weird thing is though, that the angled cockpit windows are now on the underside of the cruser not the top like a regular cockpit. Is this right? have I missed a step? please feel free to post instructions on how to convert him from robot to ship mode if it'd help.

Truck mode I think i have, although again that cockpit bit confuses me. now it seems to stick together but this time the windows are facing the right way up. Is this right, or are you in fact supposed to leave these 2 parts open at the front?
    Also, how do the large wings work in this mode? do they fold flat along the top side of the body of the truck with the holes on the joints of the wings sticking upwards? that doesn't quite seem to workwith the toy, the wings don't seem everyu securely locked in place.

Tank mode utterly baffles me, I think it would simply be easiest if someone could explain how to put it in to this mode. I can feel the treads on the outside of the arms, those make sense, but the turrit doesn't, not sure how to position that, the bits of cockpit seem to get in the way of it rolling along as they're sort of pointed ddownards, even if you don't lock them together. Any ideas?

Thanks as always guys for your help.

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    It's difficult to describe, because the tank mode doesn't look / feel much like a tank at all, more like a weird armoured thing with the legs bent over the back, some guns fold out from the legs, stick the big white guns on the side and a little cockpit that folds up from the jaw of the wolf head.
    The big wings fold back against the robot legs and the robot shoulders with the tyres in rotate until they face downwards.

Still, not a very amazing mode, but for some reason my favourite mode as a kid.

What you might not realise is he has two sort of cockpits, the one I mentioned earlier which folds out, and another one molded into the robot mode lower abdomen area which comes into play for the space cruiser mode.

3. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sid, I think my main confusion about tank, is how far the robot legs should fold over. should he end up laying on his belly with his toes pointed behid him and his legs bent at a right angle at the knee, asuming you didn't fold the toes away? or do the legs fold over much further than that? If they're in the confuguration i described, the bits that hinje off his legs, i think part of the truck that feel like windows, they hang down and get in the way of the tank rolling so i'm sure I'm doing it wrong. Do those window bits move any other way?

4. Magnus2355

Magnus2355 Active Member

Transforming him from robot to tank using robot mode for reference.
    Collapse his head and tail fins to chest.
    Extend lower arms and rotate to line up treads.
    Push legs together, fold up feet.
    Open back panels of the legs, rotate out guns inside of leads, close bottom leg panel leave upper leg panel open 90 degrease from closed.
    Lay him down on this stomach.
    There are two joints in the legs, rotate lower joint three clicks, then rotate upper joint one click, I like to rotate what will be the jet mode nose together just to not have it hanging off.
    Rotate large wings flat onto body, then rotate them down towards legs.
    Rotate upper shoulders (section with the wheels) so that the angled pat is up to give it a cow catcher look.
    Last step is to open the tigers moth all the way to give tank mode a cockpit.

5. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Magnus, those instructions were amazing, thanks so much!! ONly thing that confused me is that the upper joint in the legs isn't really clicky, it seems to just unclick from one position and then move through a range of motion into another.

Could you describe converting him to truck mode and jet mode from robot mode in the same way just to ensure I have it right?

Thanks.

6. Magnus2355

Magnus2355 Active Member

It doesn't really click into place but you can feel it lock into a 90 degree knee bend in robot mode and that is the same place it ends up in tank mode.

Jet Mode
    Collapse head and tail fins into chest.
    Rotate arms 180 degrees to get them out of the way.
    Open all panels on the back of the legs and rotate the legs 180 degrees at the lower leg joint.
    Rotate feet and leg panels.
    Compress legs together and rotate leg kibble to form nose of jet.
    Rotate wings three clicks then flatten against body ( you will notice a notch in the wing that fits around a small wheel on the arm).
    Extend arms and rotate so that all four large wheels are up.
    Rotate tail fins up some people only go one notch I like to go two, it's your personal preference how you like them.
    The cockpit for the jet is the bump out that is the robot abdomen.

Truck mode
    Collapse head and tail fins into chest.
    Take his shoulder pieces that have the wheels and rotate them 180 degrees.
    Rotate arms 180 degrees to get them out of the way.
    Open all panels on the back of the legs and rotate the legs 180 degrees at the lower leg joint.
    Rotate feet and leg panels, compress legs.
    Extend arms and rotate so that the wheels match the shoulder wheels.
    Tricky part, he has a second shoulder joint that you need to rotate 180 degrees you will know you have it correct when his arm almost touch the kibble that is on the robot knees.
    Flatten wings against body and rotate them 180 degrees.
    The truck cockpit is the robot shins.

Good luck with him he is very complicated but also one of my favorite transformers and I hope you have as much fun with him as I do.

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Man, good luck with him. I got a complete, loose one a few years back with no instructions. I couldn't figure out most of his modes, even with sight!

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    We have the instructions resourced:

Sixshot - 1987 Transformers - TFW2005

[​IMG]

I hope that helps some!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  9. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I still find it hard to look at the 'official' transformation to armored truck mode, and it always annoys me no end. In my opinion, the arms / wheels should be hinged all the way forwards using the double shoulder-hinges, not all the way back.
    It just looks so awkward to have the wheels set so far back, when it's possible to position them in a fairly realistic way (up to the front of the vehicle) instead.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I totally agree with ya there :thumb 

11. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Magnus that's great thanks so much?! I only have 2 questions, in truck mode, should the cockpit type thing right at the very front be left open to the sides? seems weird if it is because then no mode gets to use it with the windows pointed up and forward, just the jet where they're pointed down and forward.
    Also, the wings in truck mode confuse me, should they hang over the back of the trunk or be pushed to the front but stick out the sides a bit? they don't seem to clip properly in place.

12. Magnus2355

Magnus2355 Active Member

The truck mode is my least favorite mode, it doesn't look much like a truck and the official instructions are wrong.

The pieces that hang off the side of his robot knees are only used for jet mode as intakes.
    They stay open in truck mode to form a front bumper.
    The windshield of the truck is the angled section where his robot shins are. I am not sure if you can feel it but there is a silver sticker representing the windshield.

The wings should be rotated all the way forward and end up right against the body laying flat over the front tire.