Hey Everyone! Blackout501st here! this is my first time making a thread here on TFW. today I would like to share with you a project i've worked on over the course of the last 4 months. its called Venatio In Aeternum, which is latin for "The Eternal hunt". first a little background, I am a ceramics student at Grossmont community college in El Cajon, California. this is my third semester in the ceramics program, and each semester I always try and make something transformers related, and each semester I try and make something bigger and better than last time. this semester I really wanted to challenge myself. before this, the biggest things I've made have been heads or busts of transformers. but this past semester i wanted to make a full figure. it took me about a week to decide on what exactly i wanted to make. I knew from the beginning that I wanted him to be huge. after mulling it over for a while, and thanks to some recent third party acquisitions, I decided to go all out. I decided to make G1 Predaking. I originally started this project back in late February, but by the time a friend suggested posting a thread here on TFW about it, I had already finished over half the project, so I decided to just wait till the entire thing was completed before I posted the thread UPDATE: here is the final product moved up to the first post as well This thing was going to be colossal. so I started from the bottom up, with the legs. I used my G1 2010 reissue predaking, and images of his box art from G1 as a reference. Headstrong when you're working with clay, the lighter and hollower you can make something, the easier it is in the long run. the technique I use is very simple, you just make a box out of slabs, then build parts onto the box. I started with headstrong, cutting most of his parts out of slabs, attaching them on to the main skeleton, working from the main leg to the foot, then finally to the rhino head itself, which is hand sculpted. everything that's thicker than about half an inch has to be hollowed out and have tones of air holes poked into it. one of the unfortunate things about working with clay is that if it has an air bubble in it when it gets fired, the air expands in the extreme temperature and breaks apart any clay that's around it. I've had pieces crumble to dust because of air pockets or water pockets. this is why it is essential to hollow things out, poke air holes into anywhere where air might be trapped, and to allow the piece to completely dry out before firing it in the kiln. after completing the headstrong component, I used him as a scale between the g1 predaking toy and the eventual size of how big i wanted this predaking to be. not only did I want him to be in scale, but I also wanted to make his proportions as anatomically correct as I could, unlike the g1 toy which has 4 massive limbs and a not so massive center body. next post is the Tantrum component!