Vast Majority of TF Fandom is Transforming Alt Skids Wrong!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LoserBroadside, Jan 23, 2006.

1. slippy

slippy Active Member

mine was already like that
    those are the benefits of transforming without looking at the instructions :) 

2. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Every thing you said took the words out of my mouth. Thanks for saving me from typing it all. Especially the Cup size issue. Mine doesn't have it either. :thumbs2: 

Thank you for making this thread!!

3. Angelophile1

Angelophile1 Mutant Monkeyboy

My only problem is that with the BT, moving his chest just that tiny bit forward with the correction, now makes him overbalance a lot more easily.

4. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If done correctly, the chest should be moved back when done and not forward. the bar joint in this pic http://dancingpaperclip.rated-arr.net/junk/P6150009.jpg should be pushed completely down. There's a small gap in the pic. Correction, it shouldn't be pushed all the way down but as far down as it will alloy.

5. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips, MoP and LBS! I guess I'll give it another shot, but as Angelophile said, the 'correction' truly does make him tip over a lot more easily. Time to fiddle...

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You must be doing it wrong. The chest is lower towards his feet more and in closer towards his body more once the correction is done.

The people coming up with the "sunken" head are doing something wrong too. If anything, the front of the car is more out of the way of his head when done right.

7. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Good find. I think this is the first time I've ever seen Skids pegged together correctly, including the tab on the hood which goes under the chin.

The downside is that I personally like the head platform to be a little forward of that tab, to give the head more room to move (and also to allow mounting the gun Trailbreaker-style behind the head). The only way to do that is to NOT push that joint piece back all the way, and allow the pelvis to tilt a tiny bit forward (but not much -- it's barely noticeable.) Doing this also gives the doors room to lay flat, which they don't have with the "correct" transformation.

Also, it's always been possible to push the seats upward -- in fact, that's how my Skids shipped, and I didn't realize they could slide back until I futzed around trying to keep it from falling off during transform, and it slid back and stayed on. It does look a bit worse in bot mode slid back, but if you have them all the way up, they get in the way of the windshield, and cause the entire front assembly to skew forward and make the pelvis issue worse.

-XCN-