Heavy/Scratch: UZTS DIY Series: Regular and OSKO MP Blaster NON-TRANSFORMING Figure

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ultraman zoffy, Sep 16, 2020.

1. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

I decided to go ahead an make a replica figure of Fanstoys Acoustic Wave Soundwave, but ended up taking a detour to make an MP Blaster based off of the proportions of FT Acoustic Wave. Needed to finally make an Autobot, I love my TR Blaster, but wanted to try out an original design to come up with a Blaster that would "fit" with FT Acoustic Wave's aesthetic. Yeah, I've seen the FT Blaster images, and I don't like it. It drifts a little too far from the toon look AND the G1 toy in my eyes, and his face reminds me of Mr. Robotto (which isn't a bad thing since I'm a Styx fan, but it just isn't appropriate on a "Blaster").
    I ended up fking up the proportions and making him a little too big initially, so my first test print resulted in a Blaster who looks like he's been blasting some HGH shakes. See the size comparison shot next to MP-13 Soundwave, and he looks like Thor standing next to Loki. lol I'm going to finish printing out this oversized version since I'm already halfway done, but I've already scaled down the entire design to a more appropriate size, and will print that one out as well. So... I guess I OS KO'd my own KO by accident. lol
    FT Blaster and Acoustic Wave Figure.jpg

Original "OVERSIZED" proportions
    Original.jpg

"DOWNSCALED" Proportions
    Downscaled.jpg

20200916_002919.jpg 20200916_002649.jpg 20200916_002705.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  2. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

From the drawings, his limbs seemed kind of spaced-out from the body, but it looks good in-hand. Maybe it's just me.

3. ultraman zoffy

They weren't positioned right in the model during the scteenshot, so yeah, it looked weird. =)

• Like Like x 1
  4. FredrickMcQuil

FredrickMcQuil Poor transformers fan

He looks really cool any plans to sell the files?

5. ultraman zoffy

If I sell any of my files, they wouldn't be cheap, so I usually don't bother.

6. MAZING

MAZING mazingastore.com

Instagram:
    I always enjoy reading your posts. Do you have a blog or YouTube channel as well? Would love to get more insight and follow along as you make this stuff.

7. ultraman zoffy

I've been thinking about maybe doing random Zoom meetings to talk with folks interested about these projects, but I don't have the logistics down yet.
    At the same time, a lot of people have crapped on my work on TFW in the past, so I'm not interested in engaging with anyone that's just going to take shots at the stuff I'm doing.

8. MAZING

MAZING mazingastore.com

Instagram:
    I always enjoy seeing your work so I'd be interested in learning more about your process. I think many of us would enjoy that type of content actually. There are great gunpla (gundam) tutorial channels on YouTube but I've never found one that focuses on the type of custom work that you do. Just how you're putting these CAD drawings together alone is interesting in itself. Zoom is ok but have you ever thought about something like Thinkific? It's a platform to help you create your own online courses. I think many folks like myself that want to do what you are doing would be interested in that direction.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ultraman zoffy

Huh, I'll look into that app, never heard of it! Zoom has all kinds of weird limitations on their free service, so maybe there's better methods. Honestly though, I'm really just a beginner, not an expert, so I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm trying to pass myself off as an authority on 3D modeling. I can already hear folks talking sh*t about how I think I'm a pro or something. haha

10. Omegaonline

Omegaonline Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    i agree with Mazing.
    I would totally be interested in a tutorial session on what you’ve been able to do with what looks like fusion 360.
    what you’ve been able to do here is nothing short of amazing.
    I’m trying to make the leap myself from tinkercad in order to take on some tougher geometries and surface designs. But, my background isn’t in design. What I’ve achieved is purely through learning ‘on the hobby’ and trial and error (with lots of error, lol).
    I was actually going to reach out to you to see if you’d be interested in doing something like that.
    I’d be willing to pay for your time if we can agree a rate.
    I figure you can probably bump me along several weeks worth of time in learning how to use F360 specifically for this kind of end use. So, it’d probably be worth the investment.
    Let me know if this would be of interest.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ultraman zoffy

This guy has undergone a lot of changes, and is still under a lot of development even while I'm starting work on my FT Acoustic Wave figure. First rough test print has been completed, but lots of edits were made even before it was done printing, so the new revised parts need to get printed now. Neverending process...
    Screenshot 2020-09-20 025123.jpg 20200920_021426.jpg 20200920_021721.jpg
    20200920_034229.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  12. ultraman zoffy

Finally gave Blaster a blaster, and some temporary generic fixed posed hands. He's basically finished now except for paint.
    20200924_081853.jpg

• Like Like x 5