UW Ruination manga full translation

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jalaguy, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Read it here!

Translation is by TFW user Sanchimaru, lettering by me.

Some notes:

- Read the comic right to left.
    - I've used the English-language names for characters/things, with the exception of Brave Maximus and Fire Convoy for reasons that should be obvious.
    - I've also used the dub versions of several attack call-outs, in particular the famous "Ruination awakens!", which captures the punchy, alliterative feel of the original Japanese "gotai gattai!" far better than any literal translation could. Thanks to TFW user Chris McFeely for some help with those.
    - Japanese Unicron speaks olde-fashionede Japanese with a flamboyant turn of phrase, so his dialogue has been edited for style to avoid the Western reader bursting out into laughter whenever he speaks.

EDIT: Whoops, pages were out of order there for a second.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! It reads really well (the mark of a good translation versus transliteration). I'm really looking forward to part II

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great job! My translation alone would have been incomplete, since I never got to see the western cartoon.
    You gave it the freshness it needed to really sound good, and made a professional work with the lettering. Thanks!

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Thanks to the both of you for translating and posting.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can never tell which way is the right way to read these things and just end up with a headache from darting my eyes all over the place trying to figure it out. :lol 

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Oh my gaaaaawd. What if the reveal that Galvatron isn't who we thought he was...that means the *real* Megatron is about to show up with his own combiner team?

Could we be so lucky?!

Oh my god oh my god you could have Dezarus repainted into Giant Purple Griffin come swopping in with Brawl retooled as Megatron and oh my god please tell me this is going to happen!

Aside from a dual-torso Liokaiser, a Megatron team combiner would be the other thing that could pry my wallet open for Unite Warriors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    part 2 can't show up fast enough......
    *checks watch*
    is it here yet?

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    oh man, I really hope this cliffhanger ending leads to a set of drones for Grand Scourge.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the time and effort! Great to see my old RiD faves returning. I got a good nostalgia jolt from "Ruination AWAKEN!"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

What's your guess for what the rest of the team would look like?

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Okay, so I've been pitching this team for a while, though I'll tweak it now.

Torso:
    Giant Purple Griffin. Alt-mode is the Nemesis. Repaint Dezarus, assuming they come up with a dual-torso for Liokaiser to replace it.

Limbs:
    Megatron. Brawl repaint w/ new head.
    Full-Tilt. Drag Strip repaint.
    Brunt. UW Nosecone. Replace the drill with a turret accessory.
    Ramjet. Repainted UW Thrust.

Turn it into an Aerial Assault reference, and call the combined mode Trypticon. It's a bit of a stretch, but the combined mode would have the long tail in torso mode and even if they just used a repainted Sky Reign head it would look like a beast. But *maybe* they put a more T-Rex looking face.

TF_Yuki used GPG in early teases for UW Bruticus. And it's not like Grand Galvatron and Megatronia are any less out of left field.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

Nice. When Sakamoto doesn't go overboard with his roboerotic tendencies he can actually produce fun stories based on how ludicrous they are.

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Part 2? Awww. Really want to read what's next. :)  Thanks for the translation!!!! D

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    This was fun. Thanks for the translations.
    Cool seeing Ruination getting back at Unicron.
    And now its the guessing game for who's next :) 
    Personally i hope Scourge is changed into an Autobot again (BC Prime) and combines with Sideswipe, Red Alert, Jazz and Tracks.

15. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

It just means that the real Megatron is safely following his course in the timeline (to become Super Megatron in the future).

That Grand Galvatron had one more component to him that was a universe-hopper (Galvatron II is from the Marvel comics) was both a surprise and explains away that potential plot thread.

I do have this suspicion that Grand Scourge is going to grab some of the existing limbs for himself (Armada Thrust and Trickdiamond are obvious candidates; probably War Breakdown though we haven't seen him in this episode) rather than make a new set of limbs for him.

16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    The reason I think it could happen is because they created the MegaEmpress character specifically as a Megatron fangirl, so to not pay off the storyline with a visit from Megatron would be odd. And doing it as Megatron swopping in to save the day with his own combiner team would be a hell of a way to do it.

That may be the case, but reintroducing him now and likely having him take on a new combined form sets him up as potentially the big bad/final villain of the story arc. (Less so Unicron...who I was really hoping would get his own combiner team.)

And, as above...the best way to pay off that storyline is for a *new* combiner team to drop in as the final big damn hero. So maybe Megatron comes in with a team...or somehow there's a final team of Optimus bots who come together from the different universes to form their own Supreme Prime.

Who knows?

One way to look at it: What if the way to defeat this version of Grand Scourge/Nemesis Prime is by summoning different Primes from the universes who have dealt with him. Are there five with forms that are close enough to available CW molds?

17. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 The Machine Wars Guy

News Credits:
    Did Uincron offer new bodies and coffee? Also is there some where that has all the UW comics?

18. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    yup. they run on coffee milk instead on energon. and i am also curious about the other UW comics

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This is a fun translation. :thumb 

20. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wouldn't surprise me if his limbs in the comic ended up having one of three themes:

1. Mimicking the Energon model w/a copter, sub, truck and drill tank (only the sub requires a substantial remold)
    2. Black versions of other characters (Breakdown, Starscream, maybe Ironhide?) to give him an all-black deco kind of like Megatronia
    3. Grabbing people in Part I (e.g. Thrust, Breakdown, etc)

I'm really hoping it's 1 or 2 on the premise that means they'll re-release him in a five-pack w/those characters. I am more skeptical of it being all new characters (as T-Hybrid said), but more because I think the molds Takara hasn't used yet will appear elsewhere.