UW-07 Unite Warriors Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Colors are fine. Can't wait for having them in hand.

Aside of Blast Off, that's it.

His oversaturated light brown hardly is show accurate. Love how the mold looks, but dislike its colors.

Oh, well, I suppose there's simply no really good Blast Off in the Combiner Wars. It's either wrong mold, or wrong colors.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    All on board with Takara :rock 

3. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

my thoughts. for my money and tastes, these look ugly. swindle and brawl in particular. the brown on blastoff is so unfortunate (and not even 'g1 toon accurate'). Onslaught is nice, and I like Vortex, who also isn't 'in his colors.'

more than happy with hasbro. happy for those who prefer these.

4. CynicalGaymer

CynicalGaymer Well-Known Member

Luckily, Venksta will have that (and more) covered. He plans to color-match the CW Combaticon weapon set that he's currently producing to Takara's Bruticus when it comes out.

Sure, it would have been swell for TT to add Swindle's arm cannon themselves to be more cartoon accurate, but it's nice to know we'll at least have a high-quality alternative add-on at our disposal.

5. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a fan of Vortex, Blast Off looks to orange, but I like the rest of the teams colors

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait for this.

7. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon UT Gang Rise Up

News Credits:
  8. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Still don't like Swindle not having the correct Black thighs and fists...can fix that...even though I don't want to paint anything on them...it may become a must as OCD kicks in. Also may have to paint out the visor eye on BO and paint the actual eyes.

That said...I love the rest of them, but I will say BO could have been done all in Dark Brown, but I still like it.

The Combined colors look awesome together. I could have gone either way on these two sets...had Hasbro just made an actual Shuttle BO, I may have bought that set because like Menasor with Wildrider, it would have been toy accurate, but BO is not a Jet in my book. Not to mention all that unpainted Silver plastic just looks cheap on the Hasbro set.

But, I love the toon scheme of Bruticus, so, at the end of the day, I likely would have bought both of these sets. Computron is different enough to buy both sets, but, in the end, the Hasbro set looks like garbage as colored and is the least toy accurate set from CW (which is a heavy deviation from previous Combiners), no way to justify both sets there when to me, Takara blows accuracy out of the water and makes the Hasbro set look cheap, not that it is, but that's how it looks to me.

Bring on the Brut...icus.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Worth saying again. Glad I waited. This set kills Habsro.'s attempt. Great colors and a REAL Blast Off.

10. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

It's the usual deal with me and Takara CW stuff... I prefer 2/5 Takara figures, so not enough to get me to wait/pay..

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The colors aren't oversaturated this time like the last couple of images. Looks even better. I still want those Vortex and Blastoff molds in G1 toy colors though.

12. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Hasbro makes "toy accurate colour" Combaticons, misses the mark on Brawl's green.
    Takara makes "toon accurate colour" Combaticons, misses the mark on (actual shuttle!) Blast Off's brown.

WHY NO ONE LOVE BRUTICUS?

Seriously though, this is the set where there are good reasons to own either version. I shall stick with UW because the box sets are well presented and I'm not hunting errant members online for silly money, since nowhere near me has anything but RiD one steps. Also, Takara's release schedule is more payday friendly for me, and with the dates for Victorion factored in, I'm basically getting a Gestalt per month for a bit. So timing is important!
    I am well up for a UW matched Venksta set if he is doing it tho, hope he is including his clear visored Blast Off head, that looks amazing from the pics. Someone at HasTak needs to give that dude a job, seriously.

13. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

I will be ALL OVER this set again if it gets the rumoured Combatron/Baldigus repaint too. Sweet golden chestplate with upside down AntiPrime symbol!

14. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    The only thing that I'd want from this set is the 4 bladed helicopter rotor from Vortex. I do also really quite like the blue in Onslaught but prefer the Hasbro one otherwise.

15. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Can't understand why Takara went for this Blast Off color scheme, unless it was made to have him blend in better with other Combaticons who had to differ somehow from Hasbro's.

Otherwise, Hasbro Jet Off is actually slightly more accurate with colors, if anything because his colors are darker and dull.

But hey, if the colors will bug me that much I can even swap heads with Hasbro figure. I don't mind an exact alt mode as long as it has wings and is jet-propelled.

Of course this would be an epic trolling from Hasbro if they released a shuttle Blast Off with their color choice later down the line ...

16. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Blast Off could stand to be a bit darker, but I'm still looking forward to the whole set. Onslaught looks to be my favorite of the set :D 

17. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Out of all these guys only Vortex looks okay and even he looks off.

And I guess Blast Off really isn't going to have his eyes colored in.

18. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His eyes are colored in though. Both his normal eyes and his forehead visor are colored

19. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything looks gorgeous. Bring em on.

20. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can't wait.. this set is shaping up to be the last generations type figures i buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.