Utah Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by luke skywalker, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No biggie. TRU is right on my way home from work.

2. starkaz75

starkaz75 Well-Known Member

Target at the District has one Mindwipe and two or three Lockdowns

3. blu.rr

blu.rr Technorganic

News Credits:
    Appreciated, Starkaz! I picked Mindwipe up moments ago! That same Target had two Defender Primes and one Strike Mission Sideswipe, too.

4. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I was gonna go up to the District target to snag that Mindwipe last night. Glad I didn't cuz I found a bunch of them at the AF target this morning. Plenty of defender primes too. There were a few of the new scouts, but not Mindwipes buddy, I forget his name.

5. Starkenator

News Credits:
    Syracuse WM had 2 legends Devastators (stuck them behind the TF laptops) and 1 HA barricade.

So which figures are you guys looking forward to that were announced today? I will be looking forward to:

Leader SS
    Deluxe Elita-1
    Legends Ravage, Long Haul, and Red Rampage
    The War for Cybertron figures
    Sea Spray
    New Voyager Prime
    Thrust
    MP Grimlock
    Blaster Reissue

6. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I've been checking out the pics, but I'm totally not sure. The more I see of the war for cybertron toys, they seem like shell/kibble-formers. I'm tired of seeing new deluxe toys that are sooo much better than the voyager versions. The ratchet that just came out I like better, and the Ironhide dlx looks quite good...couldn't they have done these 2 years ago?
    Sea Spray is nice. Those power combiner gestalts look goofy in both modes, and the limbs don't have individual bot modes, so if they don't have awesome articulation when combined then I'll pass. HA Jazz looks promising.

Edit: Are you a TFCC member? cuz it sounds like you've seen more pics than those on the frontpage. If so, are there more pics on the TFCC members portion of the TFCC website?

7. Starkenator

News Credits:
    No I am not but Seibertron.com has pictures of all of the figures. I really don't like the power core combiners but my boys probably will and the limbs would be one less thing for me to have to transform. Other figures I am on the fence about are: deluxe Ironhide, Ravage & BB, and the scout insecticon.

8. Starkenator

News Credits:
    What do you guys think of Mindwipe? I am trying to decide what third figure I should get from the NEST line for the Ravage mail in (already got Dirge).

9. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    I saw the toyfair pics. *Sidearm sideswipe and hubcap look nice. Love the flames on sideswipe. On the other hand, I'm tiring of the voy Ratchet repaints, what is this # 5?? It might be fun to have EVERy Movie Ratchet repaint (assuming you have the shelf space and a supportive spouse.), but I don't know if the mold is that good. Any of you have one?

The combiners look interesting, but I can't really tell.

10. Starkenator

News Credits:
    I have the original Voyager Ratchet but the only repaint I picked up was the Bestbuy exclusive. It is getting a little ridiculous on how may repaints they are getting out of that mold. Original, BB exclusive, Rescue Ratchet, Movie 2 Ratchet, and now another.

11. gabumon

News Credits:
    Wasn't there a "desert" or "sand" repaint too? (I didn't know about the BB one!). Collecting them all reminds me of the time I played through Final Fantasy 10 completely maxing up "Kimahri" as the strongest character (was sort of fun actually!). It would be an odd quest, but "neat" in it's own way. I wonder if it would even still be possible, without using ebay? :scalper 

12. Starkenator

News Credits:
    That is the movie 2 ratchet i referred to, desert tracker ratchet.

13. blu.rr

blu.rr Technorganic

News Credits:
    I love FFX! Kimahri Ronso was my favorite character in that game. If I recall correctly, he was my strongest, too, which presented a challenge with Jecht. But, we digress... :) 

14. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    - I want some WFC stuff for sure. Prime and Megs look better than my current 2-pack deluxe versions (because sadly I don't have the Voyagers), and so they'll be added to my Classics collection.

- Some of the movie Scouts look cool, especially for Hubcap's awesome alt mode.

- Sea Spray, Thrust, maybe Drift, and most of all, MP Grimlock - all on my list!

Those Powercore combiners are kind of disappointing, not sure how I feel about them.

15. blu.rr

blu.rr Technorganic

News Credits:
    The Layton Target has two Mindwipes, four Defender Primes, and two Scattershots. A Bludgeon, too, if people are still looking.

Layton TRU drastically reduced (and moved) their Transformers section. I walked right past it a few times in my hunt to locate it. I wonder what they did with all the shelf warming product(s). :) 

16. Starkenator

News Credits:
    So no opinions on Mindwipe? Otis or r.lo?

17. blu.rr

blu.rr Technorganic

News Credits:
    Sorry, I had meant to reply, if only to say I'm not a good person to ask. My Mindwipe is going to stay in his packaging.

Peaugh has an excellent video review of Mindwipe, though. The review is the sole reason why I picked him up.

YouTube - ROTF Voyager Class MINDWIPE

18. gabumon

News Credits:
    Arcee .... gone so soon?

You'all know why there's a shortage of Animatd Arcee, right? They don't charge enough for her! Economics 101 man! Isn't the price supposed to be where those little demand and supply lines cross?

Maybe at $50 she wouldn'tve ran out so fast! (;
    *goes back to HTS page to pound on the refresh button*

19. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    When do you guys think they'll have more of Arcee in stock? Or are any other TRUs stocked up yet?

Man, it's like a bunch of sweaty nerds going after a girl that's hard to get- except the girl is a toy :p .

20. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I like him! Awesome jet mode. Some robot parts underneath, compared to ROTF voyager SS, but that alt mode is about the best jet mode ever for concealing robot parts. The top and side views are excellent. Tight joints and cool design. Robot mode has good arcticulation. As seen in the video, you can chicken leg him or make him more normally legged. I prefer the normal leg style myself, looks bulkier and beefier. Shouldder's go up into those winglets and the automorph for them is quite nice and doesn't really limit his articulation, but the arms from the elbow down don't really do anything. They are on a single postion swivel, front/back, there is a side/side swivel right above the elbow though, so it still has posability options. The knives only look good from looking at the inside part of them. The outer portion is actually the cockpit split in two, so that's rather misleading in pics, but the video review does address it. The wrist only really swivels up into the forearm for transformation purposes, not for posability reasons, and therefore looks kinda weird if you rotate the hand back to get the knife in a "thrusting" orientation, but it is doable. Head is on a ball joint and can look 360 degrees, but he has a plastic collar that kinda gets in the way for some poses, not badly though.

Final thoughts: Way better bot mode than voayger SS, Ironhide, Stratosphere. Doesn't have monster backpack like voyager Megatron or Prime.The Fallen, well I like The Fallen's bot mode, but his spaceship mode is really just an afterthought by the designers IMO, but I like The Fallen for what it is and am not overly bothered by it's spring-loaded feet and lack of decent alt mode issues.
    I returned my voyager Scavenger and Mixmaster a long time ago. It's not as good as Human Alliance BB or Skids, but those aren't the same price category, but he is better than HA Sidewipe by a large margin. HA Barricade...hmm, toss up.

What other ROTF voyagers are there? Can't think of any more offhand, so I'd rank him highly since he also has a friend in the scout class that attaches to him, although I can't remember it's name currently. Probably the best voyager ROTF toy, overall, based on the strength of the stellar alt mode and a very well executed bot mode, lack of kibble, good balance and articulation and nicely implemented gimmicks.

Take him outta the box.