Utah Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by luke skywalker, Jan 17, 2004.

1. luke skywalker

luke skywalker Active Member

Well I don't know if there are other collectors from Utah in these forums, but I will start a Utah Sightings thread and see what happens.:thumb :

I found the Hereos of Cybertron wave 5 today at Layton ShopKo, also found the G1 spychangers at the KB Toys in the Newgate Mall and last but not least I found the Alternator Sideswipe at Riverdale Wal-Mart. Really one of the best days I have had in a long time finding Transformers.:D 

2. luke skywalker

More Wave 5 Heroes of Cybertron

I take it since no one else has posted that I am the only one in the forums from Utah.:( 

The Wave 5 of Heroes of Cybertron has been showing up at most all shopko's and as a bonus they have been on sale for 2.99 each.

3. luke skywalker

20th Anniversary Optimus Prime

Finally found the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime today and he is Awesome! It is the black gun version for those variation hunters out there.

4. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Obviously, Utah does not love Transformers.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL, no doubt. Is it the Mormons fault?

6. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I am new to the boards, but have been checking the site out for about a year now, and I've never seen anybody else from Utah, but I have been reintro'd to a happy childhood toyline, so hopefully someone from Utah can tell me where to find some Transformer toys in Utah other than toysrus, walmart and target. Are there any toy/hobby stores around that sell them? I am in Utah county area, but get up to salt lake and ogden fairly regularly.
    (fingers crossed):p 

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    headin out today lookin for the '08 BB, Dreadwing and Arcee. Hope to find em all!

8. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    No luck...gonna try again on Saturday-Anyone seen the new tformer pens they got at office depot? none at my local store:( 

9. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Still no luck on the pens or '08 BB, but did stop at TRU today and got the chess set and Risk game, and as a bonus, I got the real gear Longview and Spyshot 6 for free!!

10. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    stopped in the American Fork Target today and picked up Real Gear Booster X10, FAB Frenzy, Dreadwing and two of the little 70 piece puzzles. Talked to a guy about the '08 BB and he says to try the Target in Salt Lake off of Bangerter Hwy, south valley by the new theater complex. I haven't been there before so I'll try and hit it later in the week. :thumb 

So maybe this thread is a little weak, at least I know that there are fans in Utah trying to hook each other up!

11. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking for 08' Bumblebee

I have been looking at this thread for awhile and have decided to finally post. I am in Davis County and have been trying to find an 08' bumblebee. I have checked TRU 3 times in the last week as well as four walmarts, three targets, and kmart. No luck. I am afraid I have just missed it because I have seen both Arcee and Dreadwing at Target & Walmart, and the Optimus Prime unleashed at TRU. If anybody has any leads please post and I will continue to update my progess.

12. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Hello Starkenator...glad to know I'm not all alone here in Utah!!

I was told by the Target employee (in american fork) that actually stocked the shelf that there were only 3 '08 BB's in the entire load. He snagged one for himself, and put the other 2 on the shelf. I got there yesterday, and they were gone. Only 1 dreadwing was left, no Arcee's at all. Point is that it seems as though there were a million of everything June 2nd, but maybe we aren't gonna get a huge load of anything else, just piecemeal-which sucks. I am going to check out the Target in South Jordan in my previous post Friday or Saturday and post the results. I don't know if you get that far south very often, but I know that the Walmart at about 13th south just off of I-15 also has a pretty good Transformer section, I might just head over there after the Target, since I'm up there more'n halfway...

13. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Well I didn't get up to salt lake today, have to be tomorow. But at the A.F. Target I did find Skyblast and Strongarm. nothing else except for a 4-pack of legends cybertron Op & Megs, with movie legends Op & Megs. not worth the 10-12 bucks they want for it seeins-how I already got the cyb. legends versions of them...

14. Starkenator

News Credits:
    Otispq, it looks like you are having as much luck as I have. I sure when kids see the 08' bumblebee they snatch them up in 2 seconds (which is why we have not found any) just to go home and break them. I guess the rumor about them being packed heavy compared to the other deluxes is stretching the truth. Stopped at Walmart in Layton today and they were totally cleaned out of deluxe figures. I did pre-order the Ultimate Bumblee today on Target.com though. They have a 10% off coupon posted at techbargains.com that works at target.com which brought the price down to $81 plus shipping and tax. I hope to check some more stores again this weekend before we go camping. I work in Bountiful so I might be able to make it down to SLC later next week. Edit: I cancelled my Ultimate Bumblebee order when I found out it would be $10 cheaper in store.

15. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Talk abouth breaking them, my brother lives in Roy, and his 9 year old son broke his blackout and movie BB within a week of getting them. The automorph just is a stupid gimmick for the kids, they just use brute force to transform them and 'surprise' they break. Then they take them back to the store and replace them, and the rest of us can't get even one that will be treated well.:banghead: 

Had my hands full with my little boy all weekend, so didn't get a chance to go huntin, but my sister lives in riverton and we are having a pioneer day party at her house tomorow, so I should be able to get the wife to agree to a little Target shopping on the way...

16. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Went up to the 'awesome' Target in west jordan on tuesday, man they didn't even have crumbs left on the shelf. unless you want the little Op computer thingy for 60 bucks. good thing I was havin dinner at my sisters house, else the trip woulda been useless and made me pissy!
    still trollin the local waters for anything new.

17. Starkenator

News Credits:
    Since the reset for the new transformer toys is tommorow at Target and likely Walmart I will be checking them out and hopefully find '08 bumblebee.

18. trump

trump WWBD?

I guess I'll report in. I'm from Box Elder county, and haven't seen anything really good since the movie, except Voyager Ratchet at the Brigham Wal-Mart. There was still one there, last time I checked, which was a couple of days ago.

Good to hear about the reset. Too bad I'm going camping all this week...

Happy hunting, you guys.

19. Starkenator

News Credits:
    Called around to my 4 local Walmarts and 2 Targets and no new transformers to be found. A few of them said they were doing their resets tonight and to check back Monday or Tuesday. I called Kohls and they said they had two. The "deception" and autobot. So... I stopped asking questions there. I guess I will have to stop by and see.

20. Starkenator

News Credits:
    Found my Ultimate Bumblebee!!!

I called my three local Targets yesterday and gave them the DPCI # for Ultimate Bumblebee. Two were very helpful and looked them up in the computer and said they were not in yet, while the third guy just looked on the shelf and said they did not have any and would not look it up in the computer. So today after work I went into the Layton Target and sure enough there was a tag but no bumblebee. So I pulled the tag out from under the plastic and scanned it and it said they were available in the stockroom. So I grabbed a girl and she scanned it and called to the back room to ask if they had them. The guy said yes, how many do you want and so I said how many do you have? He said a lot but I said I just need one. So five minutes later the girl brought it out and I was in business. Now if I can only find deluxe concept bumblebee. I did scan the deluxe tag from the empty pegs and they did not show up as being in stock. Go figure. So if other people in Utah are looking for Ultimate Bumblebee they should check Target first. I checked Layton Walmart this morning and they did not have it.