UT Dragoon loose knee joint. How to fix?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Livirus, May 29, 2021.

1. Livirus

Livirus Member

YouTube (Old):
    Hello!

I've owned my copy of Unique Toys Dragoon for a few months now and am very happy with it, but I noticed his right knee joint is a bit loose. It didn't bother me at first, but it got annoying very quickly when I began to pose him a bit. Right now, I can only put him in a kneeling position without him tipping over at the slightest touch. I see a black screw that seems to connect his calf to the metal part on his thigh (took a photo just in case). I think I need to tighten it, but I heard that the head of the screw might snap off if I try that. Has anyone experienced this same issue and found a solution for it? I'd love to know! :) 

Dragoon knee.jpg

2. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    Turn on captions for English subs:

Be aware that any fix that uses glue needs drying time to thicken the area. DO NOT reassemble while the dry is still wet. The video is cut so seamlessly that you might think he puts stuff back together immediately after applying the superglue.

3. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

I don't have this figure, but if you're worried about the screw, maybe you can try to unscrew it and find a better quality screw at the hardware store? 3rd party screws aren't always of the highest quality.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    The screw doesn't affect the knee. Watch the video to see why.