USPS Incompetence

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FatherDeth, Dec 29, 2013.

1. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So USPS says my package was delivered. I have no package. I'm going to go to the post office on base tomorrow and see what can be done. The reason the title says incompetence is because a few weeks ago, I had to deliver 3 packages to 1412 "A". I live in 1412 "C" and there was NO mistaking it. It clearly said 1412 A on the packages, but they put them on my porch. Plus, its A, B, and C units together. It's not the only other time they've messed up a package of mine here. Has anybody ever had a package confirmed that it was delivered, but not to the house? If so, what steps did you take?

2. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

sometimes the post worker scanned it as delivered when it loaded on to their truck, with the intention of delivering it that day, if it still not delivered after another business day check with your local post office see if it's still with the driver, or where the driver delivered.

3. FatherDeth

Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice!! You've definitely made me feel 50% better. I'll go by he post office tomorrow, but still hope that it shows up.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    2 weeks ago I had one scanned as delivered 2 hours away from me in TN when it was supposed to be delivered to Wisconsin. It got scanned wrong at a processing center and was rerouted but the tracking never updated beyond it being delivered.

wouldn't get to fussed about it just yet. the holidays are rough when it comes to shipping even UPS and FedEx aren't immune

5. FatherDeth

Ebay:
    Thanks man! I have to remember it's the holiday season! I bet I won't order anything that close to Christmas ever again! LOL!!

6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    yeah man come second week of December I quit shipping stuff unless its something urgent

7. GrinningGrendel

GrinningGrendel Active Member

I had a First Aid go missing that way. It was "delivered", but it was nowhere to be found. I bugged the post office and the carrier about it, but to no avail. I have neither seen nor heard of it since. That was two months ago.

(I did, however, work out a decent deal and get another one from the same seller, but it still pisses me off).

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    My advice, tip your USPS guy.

I tip my USPS guy every year, and I have not had a late package with USPS once. Sometimes I get them a day or two early. If he see's it in the post office and its not due for delivery for a couple of days, he still brings it.

I don't do the same for FedEx or UPS cause they are never the same guy and I have never had a package come in time for FedEx. UPS not so bad.

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm so glad i've never had any problems with usps or ups. i hope they work out your problem.

is there any chance anyone swiped the package?.. i know a lot of people think that it couldn't happen to them, but maybe it did.. i hope not thought.. i don't even know how a situation like that would resolve itself.

10. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    This actually happened a lot to my sister recently. A few of those instances it was just a case of the driver not wanting to deliver that day for whatever reason. A few days later there's the package. Others the package just went poof. I don't want to scare you or anything, just saying give it a day or two before getting concerned.

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

At least your neighbor was nice enough to give you your package, right?

12. FatherDeth

Ebay:
    It's a possibility. I live in base housing, and while military personnel are usually honest, that doesn't mean that they or their family members are.

13. FatherDeth

Ebay:
    That sucks! I could see this happening to me. Luckily, there is a post office on base, so I have a good place to start.

14. FatherDeth

Ebay:
    See, I was out of town, but my wife was still at the house. She said it was never delivered as well. I doubt any of the neighbors have it because they probably would have brought it to me. It's weird, but I guess I can at least try filing a claim with USPS at some point.

15. FatherDeth

Ebay:
    They seem to use different people here. I do know the newest guy screws up mail, because of having other's packages delivered to my porch and other's mail in my box. I'd like to say that tipping would help, but this community looks like it could be a nightmare to deliver too.