Using KOs for spare parts

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TrueHeresy, Sep 24, 2016.

1. TrueHeresy

TrueHeresy Well-Known Member

I'm still relatively new to the Transformers collecting world, but I've basically decided on G1 Masterpiece and legends scale (so far just IDW style IF stuff). Just because that seemed like a really original and unusual choice... :cool: 

Anyway, I was looking back over everything I bought over the past 18-24 months and noticed that the piece that's meant to cover the stored landing gear on my MP-11 is missing. This got me wondering if instead of buying a brand new MP-11 (think it's been too long to ask for a replacement/spares), if the KOs are accurate enough that they could be a potential fix?

TL : DR - Are KOs good enough to use as spare parts for official stuff?

2. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it's something relatively minor and not noticeable, it can. But of course, it still depends on the quality of the KO that you are getting your parts from. Not all KO's are made by one company.
    If you are thinking of the KBB Starscream, that is a very good KO. Might even substitute as your MP Starscream if you didn't get him the first time.

3. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Recently they are better than the official stuff ^^.

4. TrueHeresy

TrueHeresy Well-Known Member

So far I have no KOs so it'd be a brand new thing to jump in to. Is the KBB the closest - or most superior - to Takara that you know of?

The whole 3P world of quality seems so crazy in terms of better and worse/quality and crap that as a newbie it's tough to tell where to throw my money!

5. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Well, if you have any questions about quality, we have a dedicated KO thread where several of our KO Scientists and Developers purchase, review and do comparisons between KO and the real deal quite often. We're a bunch of swell guys and gals who are interested in getting the truth out there about KOs.

Just kidding about the scientist part, not kidding about the rest. Come by if you have any questions.

(And at this juncture, the KBB ones apparently are far and wide better than the real deal, as reports and reviews go anyway.)

6. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Don't use KO parts on your Masterpiece figures, it will void your warranty!

• Like Like x 1