US TFcon 2017?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Torpedo, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpedo

Torpedo Well-Known Member

please pardon me if this is general knowledge and I just don't know it. I have tried googling and searching the forums and I can find no mention.

Where is the US TFcon going to be next yr?
    My wife and I went to Charlotte last year and had a great time. Our first kid was born this month so we couldn't make the trip to Chicago. (Plus I went to boot camp there and have no desire to go back).

So I'm really looking forward to going back in 2017.

2. TigerSamurai

TigerSamurai New Member

Twitter:
    There hasn't been any announcement about the location for next year as of yet. The question was asked, but no answer was given.

However, and this is purely speculation, based on the somewhat coy responses given at the Convention Organizer panel yesterday afternoon, I would not be surprised if Chicago became the US home base for TFCon for the foreseeable future. Again, purely speculative, absolutely no proof, take it for what it is. At the very least, I think we can expect a Chicago return in 2018 if not 2017.

3. Torpedo

Ugh. I hope that's not the case but I could understand it if it was. It's a central location for the entire country.

I hope they at least do it there every other year and some where else the in between years. I really liked the one in Charlotte.

4. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea, know the feeling. But boot is north of the city, the taffic was bad took 45 minutes to go 5 miles.

5. gen1fan

News Credits:
    I also talk to a show organizer on sunday morning, asking if they were going to stay at Chicago or bounce back and forth between Chicago and Charlotte. All I got was, no plans on going back to Charlotte, but we are looking at other locations. So take it how you want. That could mean alot of different things.

Maybe they only sign a 2 show contact with the hotel and now that the show is going to gain support cause of no more botcon they want a large hotel.

6. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    I have yet to go to a TFcon in the US. But I really wish I went to this last one. I'm hoping they go to Pasadena next year. The BotCons there were some of the best.

7. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a nice talk with some of TFcon's organizers and they gave me a bit of insight in terms of the logistics of running a convention. They live in Canada which is definitely no surprise but due to this they have to be pretty selective on where they have TFcon USA. Think about it...they bring vans of their gear and setup over the border. They also have to pay money for gas and such. So, I doubt that they would put it in California because that would be very expensive on their end to go in that direction. However, they indicated that when they get back to Canada, they are going to look at the numbers and determine on where to put next year's convention in the states. It takes a lot of work to determine on where to put a convention.

8. gajedi

gajedi Well-Known Member

I hope not Chicago either. Ugh wasn't a fan. Charlotte was much closer to me and easier to get around in. I think one great location would be Cincy. It's the old home of Kenner and has a lot of history. It's got a lot of stuff, but not as many of the issues that Chicago has. I also could also go for Louisville, KY or Indy.

9. Torpedo

I could do any of those and be happy. Atlanta would be really nice but I don't see it happening for the same reasons you mentioned above. A boy can dream...

10. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    I don't love Chicago, but it is pretty convenient to me in WI. However Cincy, Louisville or Indy would all work just fine. I didn't realize the conference organizers were Canadian (I assume Toronto area), so it would make logistical sense to keep the US TFCon event in the Central/Eastern part of the country. If they did a West Coast event, registration would likely cost more to cover the organizers additional travel and logistics expenses.

11. TigerSamurai

TigerSamurai New Member

Twitter:
    No love for Chicago? Damn...

Seriously, tho, I heard from more than a few folks that it was their favorite TFCon (including Toronto) and that the Dealer Room in particular put the others to shame. Sure, we didn't score a Cullen or Welker, but still.

Regardless, I had a blast and will certainly be eager to hear where they'll be heading for next year's US convention. Chicago or not.

12. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I get the impression that they are going to try to alternate between a Midwestern (think between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River) and a Northeastern (think between Charlotte and Boston on the coast) ever other year.

TFCon Chicago 2014 (Midwest)
    TFCon Charlotte 2015 (East Coast)
    TFCon Chicago 2016 (Midwest)
    TFCon ?????? 2017 (East Cost)

If Charlotte is off the table, I expect somewhere like Baltimore/Philadelphia/Washington D.C.. New York is unlikely, just because of cost I think.

I am curious if Chicago is the permanent Midwestern location for the Even years though. I could see Indianapolis, one of the many cities in Ohio, or the Twin Cities sneak in on that action

13. gen1fan

News Credits:
    When I was at NJCC yesterday. I was talking to a few people and I was told they already have a location and dates for the 2017, with out telling me right out. strong hits were given end of September or earlier October. but nothing about a location

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.