Upload: Coming to Amazon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, that could be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hate to say it, but this looks kinda fun.

The in-app purchase bit was funny.

4. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Anyone watch this? Binged it yesterday. It was decent.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I caught the first episode and thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to the rest.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just started watching it. I am laughing my ass off a lot. Loved the joke with the pee stream.

edit: 7 eps in and i am loving this! So many little jokes are making me laugh hard.
    -Nathan uses the urinal and discovers the pee stream will always hit the drain and starts test its limits to find there are none
    - At his funeral the AI bot can't get in because it can't figure out the Captcha
    - The therapy dog avatar is licking itself but the real therapist is eating an ice cream cone.
    - Dating app guy us buying condoms in the drug store. Computer scans his crotch and says size medium. He decides to buy the large anyway. Computer voice announces "Condom size dispute Aisle 4"
    - During a power outage every one becomes blocky like Minecraft. One guy snarks "Oh great now I'm Pac-Man".:lol 
    - After a memory is turned into a short film credits roll with Benny Hill music.

If this afterlife place was real (or even a slightly less nice version) i would not mind being dead. Come on you can set the place for more of a video game setting and street fighter AI bots. Would love the printed food machines if real. Make meals cheap. Press a button and print out a hot meal quickly.

The ad for this series reminded me of Downsize, but this actually is like what we see.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I stayed away for fear of someone spoiling later episodes, but watched it over the course of 2 weeks with family.

We enjoyed it. Though I do wonder if they actually have a roadmap for where it goes from the finale of if they just wanted to leave things in an interesting position. It was also amusing to see all the merged corporations.

Though the idea, even as one way singularity, does raise some ideas both ethical and mechanical about the nature of the upload process and applications that while I don't need the series to explain, I can't help but think about. The root question is about duplication; are there any restrictions to prevent them from copying the person over and over again? I can take it as a side effect of the upload process is the vaporization of the head, what keeps them from taking that person and duplicating them over and over again? And once you ask that question, it just explodes from there. Given the level of interaction in the real world that Nate had towards the end and that all of them have in interacting with the real world, their application in defense technology should be massive. Operating drones/robots/androids for military use means that no flesh and blood soldier ever has to enter the field of battle just for one substantial game changer; they could be like Cylons or playing a war game, they can die over and over again and it doesn't mean anything except that they have to "respawn" somewhere. They can crew actual starships for space exploration, since the ships would no longer have to house all the needs to keep frail human life alive and could even maneuver/accelerate harder then what any living being could take, along with if it takes a century to get there, so what? They won't die along the way. And that's just scratching the surface.

Overall, I was surprised at how good the cast was and it didn't go at all where I had expected to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I binged it. Overall good, but certain things made no sense from a tech/VR perspective, but they understandably have to dumb stuff down to tell the story.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Watched the first episode. So far it looks like it's going to be a fun little ride.

10. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I actually really liked it..My wife watched it before I did and I watched it all in 2 nights...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, just finished this and I'm really curious to see where the show goes for season 2. Also, wow on all the who did it stuff... really kept me guessing... and since we didn't get all the answers I'm still guessing. :lol 

12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Season 2 is up now.

13. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Season 3 starts October 20th